Starfleet Veteran
# 21
02-15-2013, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirimuffin View Post
I can't say much because it's personal, but STO helped me through a really dark phase of my life. And in some respects, it still does. Were it not for the fact that I can go be in Star Trek in my spare time, it would be a lot harder for me to cope than it is.

Thank you.
Just like it helped me in my not so good phase
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Lieutenant
# 22
02-15-2013, 01:09 AM
Thanks guys, this game allowed me to find a job, STO also got me a promotion in my job, this game has really turned my life around. I used to be addicted to soap bars, but this game stopped that addiction.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-15-2013, 01:31 AM
I'm sorry but this post seems unreal and the timing suspicious... that said I LOVE THE GAME just not gonna support it anymore.
There its a lot of good potentials to this game.. I just don't agree with the way its managed!
And as beautiful as it can be a game that doesn't allow solo play or small fleet it isn't just worth the money, I will keep my sub 1 more month to see if anything change. I LOVE STAR TREK and everything around it but i factor in the frustration on how slowly you get things done and how fast they are nerfed once you reach them.
Onestly I would be happier to see more bugs fix patches, most of the things i bought from the c store before and the zen store now are worthless, ship and console that keep getting nerfed every other day, what are you trying to teach to your playerbase? if you are a casual player and you are willing to spend real money on the game to make up for the time you can't play well look somewhere else! (I'm no economist but this doesn't seem a good bussines strategy)..
Really the atmosphere of the game its just GREAT, but the mechanics are really poor..
I WILL REPEAT MYSELF ONE MORE TIME:
I love this game but the timing on this post its really odd

PLS no flaming or trolling intended (english its not my 1st language)
Commander
# 24
02-15-2013, 01:39 AM
*notes everyone carrying pom-poms in their hands and leaves thread*
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8
Commander
# 25
02-15-2013, 02:34 AM
Thank you for makeing a good game.
Commander
# 26
02-15-2013, 03:03 AM
"Gimme an F!!!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Career Officer
# 27
02-15-2013, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirimuffin View Post
I can't say much because it's personal, but STO helped me through a really dark phase of my life. And in some respects, it still does. Were it not for the fact that I can go be in Star Trek in my spare time, it would be a lot harder for me to cope than it is.

Thank you.
I too understand this point only too well. As the darkness lifts STO is still here and the many new friends I have made make my life so much more meaningful. Thank you guys you will never know how much, despite the occasional rant lol!

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Commander
# 28
02-15-2013, 03:29 AM
"Gimme a U!!!"

Career Officer
# 29
02-15-2013, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post
I need to ask: how?
It gave me inspiration for my homework, but also the people on it helped me out as well. It also provided many pictures for my photography competition, and star trek pictures in general for my presentations.
I can vouch for this as well.

The STO community in general, at least to me anyway, has a very nice and positive atmosphere. Granted there are flamefests every now and then, but each and every community is helpful and willing to help a person in need when help is wanted or goes unnoticed.
Commander
# 30
02-15-2013, 03:41 AM
"Gimme a C!!!"