Captain
# 1281
02-14-2013, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commadorebob View Post
I see nothing wrong with what he posted. I would happen to agree that we are more starved for Dilithium than FMs.
Not at all. With the PvP assaults, and the occasional STF, Dilithium is very easy to get. using just the assaults alone, I can easily get the daily limit on all my characters. Simple as that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazurensavulen View Post
They did it so "More Fleet Marks would be gotten" just as they said when Dil was removed from STFs when S7 came out.
Fleet Marks will now only come from Fleet events, which only award maybe 10-50 Marks per run, then have a cooldown before that can be run again.

With Officer Reports, do a mission, get 50 Marks, retake Officer Reports immediately after completion, and run the mission over and over again. In that same hour or so, you could easily get 100 Marks depending on the mission. That is many Marks per mission than the Fleet events ever gave us. Of course, with upgrading to Tier 4 and Tier 5, those Fleet Marks are very much needed, and now we have been deprived of that too.

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, ISS Queen Elizabeth, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord

Click here to view my DeviantArt.

Last edited by lindaleff; 02-14-2013 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Quote needed, due to new page.
Empire Veteran
# 1282
02-14-2013, 07:15 PM
Quote:
I see nothing wrong with what he posted.
I don't either.

Quote:
I would happen to agree that we are more starved for Dilithium than FMs. But we are already Tier IV, it's going to be hard to complete projects anyway.
Actually, for major projects, like upgrades, Dilithium almost always fills up before Fleet Marks in FSF.

For very small fleets, like the one I'm in on my Federation main (sig) which has less than 10 people logging in regularly, Fleet Marks fill up well before Dilithium, even by weeks. So he is right about Dilithium being slower for small fleets, though ours isn't the perfect example.
# 1283
02-14-2013, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaleff View Post
Not at all. With the PvP assaults, and the occasional STF, Dilithium is very easy to get. Using just the assaults alone, I can easily get the daily limit on all my characters. Simple as that.
Not a ton of people know about that method, however. If we're using all of that Dilithium towards the fleet projects, we do clearly have a huge advantage in that area over most of the fleets in STO.
# 1284
02-14-2013, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirepical View Post
For very small fleets, like the one I'm in on my Federation main (sig) which has less than 10 people logging in regularly, Fleet Marks fill up well before Dilithium, even by weeks. So he is right about Dilithium being slower for small fleets, though ours isn't the perfect example.
Hmm, that may have been where I saw the problem.

In any case, I have other things to worry about. I've suggested my solution, and that's all I can do.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Republic Veteran
# 1285
02-14-2013, 09:41 PM
In my honest opinion, I personally think that the Trico nerf should never have come about. I mean, they are a stupidly powerful weapon for a reason, they are subspace weaponry. But then again there are those in various games that whine about somethings stupid high power, and that's why we can't have nice things.

[6/24 23:12] [Combat (Self)] Your Thalaron Pulse deals 126254 (48978) Radiation Damage to Tactical Cube. Hehe. Suck it Borg!
[10/8 15:47] [Combat (Self)] Crystalline Entity deals 98082 (147136) Kinetic Damage to you with Warp Core Breach. WUT? I blame Kurland for this and all other problems in STO.
Empire Veteran
# 1286
02-15-2013, 05:36 AM
I was watching the OrganizedPVP channel after the patch and even they were upset about it.

PvPers upset, PvEers upset. That didn't go too well.
# 1287
02-15-2013, 05:47 AM
I'm not really sure what to make of the Trico Torp nerf, but I've known the Trico Mine nerf was coming for months. And you know why? They were breaking ESTFs. Running with a full set of tac-buffs and debuffs a single tac-scort could use a Trico mine to blow up a transformer while ignoring the generators.
Empire Veteran
# 1288
02-15-2013, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canis36 View Post
I'm not really sure what to make of the Trico Torp nerf, but I've known the Trico Mine nerf was coming for months. And you know why? They were breaking ESTFs. Running with a full set of tac-buffs and debuffs a single tac-scort could use a Trico mine to blow up a transformer while ignoring the generators.
Yeah, one guy said he nearly one-shotted Donatra with three 400K crits. Or 1.2 million damage in a few seconds.

What I said still stands though.

Clearly PvPers don't like things being nerfed because of PvE.
# 1289
02-15-2013, 07:04 AM
Ugh... rebuilt my computer and I thought STO had patched last night. I had left on demand patching on. So the game crashed the moment I tried anything. 20% patched and counting...
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Empire Veteran
# 1290
02-15-2013, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Ugh... rebuilt my computer and I thought STO had patched last night. I had left on demand patching on. So the game crashed the moment I tried anything. 20% patched and counting...
I was wondering why you left so suddenly.