Starfleet Veteran
# 491
02-15-2013, 06:51 AM
Hey, Dan Stahl, have you arrived at the conclusion that we don't like the changes yet?
Captain
# 492
02-15-2013, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
Hey, Dan Stahl, have you arrived at the conclusion that we don't like the changes yet?
lol but in one word i would say no , water off of a duck back
Career Officer
# 493
02-15-2013, 06:54 AM
Love it. Slept for 7 hours, got up and fed the kids and now I'm having my first cup of coffee. To bad this last patch wasn't just a bad nightmare.

Now. lets get down to brass tacks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsitsalot View Post
...This is the latest speedbump on the STO highway that will fade into memory and insignificance in time....

This is not a speed bump, this is a sink hole that just dropped right in the center of the highway. Speedbumps you can see coming, this, we didn't have a clue. They snuck it in at the last moment.

They need to have a Season just to fix the bugs in the game. Seeing as according to them, technically there is no Season 8((It has a different name.)), they should should make Season 8: Season of Bugs.
Click here to see the true story of the KDF and Cryptic!

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
Commander
# 494
Quote:
Whenever Cryptic pulls one of their abrupt but significant changes, there's rage for a couple of weeks. Then they produce a solution that ultimately calms everyone down so the enraged shouting becomes at worst an annoyed murmur.
The solution is always ALWAYS returning less that we got previously. Theyare continually returning less thanthey take - always shafting the players ina way that fools just enoughto keep their shenanigans afloat.
Leave nerfing to the professionals.
Starfleet Veteran
# 495
Quote:
Fact: Dan said that they will be adding new sources of FMs in preparation for the May update which has a couple of systems in it that will also reduce the cost of fleet projects.
Fact: Dan says a lot of things.

Fact: A lot of the things Dan says A.) never occur or B.) Occur in a way that seems designed to inflame the largest percentage of the game population possible.

Fact: Bacon is tasty.

Fact: I can do this literally for days because I have some free time now unscheduled due to not needing to lg in and grind fleet marks until "maybe" things get fixed in May. Maybe.
Starfleet Veteran
# 496
02-15-2013, 06:55 AM
All I know is that my fleet members were actually excited to get in the game an earn fleet marks with me and experience a fun story together. We had a lot of fun running the spotlight missions and then even more when we started playing missions from our favorite authors.

I'd go in the game, select four missions, then come back on later with three other fleet members and invite them to take part in it. We actually ENJOYED earning the fleet marks in a group. Now we're back to point where I have to beg people to come in and do at least one crappy PvE queue a day. Thanks.
Formerly known as Khannnnn
"Spock, this 'child' is about to wipe out every living thing on Earth. Now, what do you suggest we do? Spank it?" -Commander Leonard 'Bones' McCoy, M.D.
Commander
# 497
02-15-2013, 06:55 AM
well 50 pages in and I am ready to go. My partner is irate now.

Y'all take care.

See some of you in the next MMO.

Qapla'
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8
Career Officer
# 498
02-15-2013, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordagamemnonb5 View Post
And this is why they keep doing crap like this. Too many people willing to let mediocrity slide.
QFT.

Too many people saying 'well it's free - what do you expect?' - downloading the installer and making an account may be free but after that you pay - with time and/or money - people have invested huge amounts of both in this game because it's Trek and because they want it to succeed, only to continually be treated with contempt by the Devs.

Season 7 proved that you can only push the player-base so far but Cryptic/PWE seem to have learned nothing from the last time they enraged their players.

Honestly, I think it's time for a new vision and a new EP, Stahl has no trust, respect or goodwill left in this community.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Republic Veteran
# 499
02-15-2013, 07:02 AM
That camel always regenerates , but in the end they will add FM it may not be to the foundry and then everyone will forgive and forget ,and the cycle continues .

The cycle has always been it can never be broken, it is eternal.

Resistance is futile.

Starfleet Veteran
# 500
02-15-2013, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebumble View Post
They need to have a Season just to fix the bugs in the game. Seeing as according to them, technically there is no Season 8((It has a different name.)), they should should make Season 8: Season of Bugs.
There'd be some cool pets in THAT season!!
Closed Thread