Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Closed Thread

Captain
# 21
02-15-2013, 07:06 AM
Who says that a Borg tractor beam does not give damage (As it seems to do in some STF's) At the end of the day if you try and break a tractor beam you will get stress on your hull.

I personally use Polarise hull, APO and if none of them are available Envasive manuveurs seems to work ok allowing me to stay alive long enough to fight back once the the beam is gone
Ensign
# 22 Tractor beams
01-18-2014, 06:35 PM
I just reroute engine and weapons power to the shields and ride it out. Then I transfer most of that power to weapons and try to knock it out.
Captain
# 23
01-18-2014, 06:46 PM
I have noticed in STFs and a few other places whenever an NPC tractors me, if I use Eject Warp Plasma, the Borg will let go immediately most of the time.
Captain
# 24
01-18-2014, 06:52 PM
Kind of a necro but...
Epte
Aux2inerial dampeners
That's dilithium overdrive device consumablr
Engine batteries when a few maintenance doffs on active
Ap omega
Tractor beam repulsers
I think subspace jump works
Anything that placate the target
Polarized hull
Skill points into inertial dampeners
Chive on and prosper

Anarchy Nexus recruitment thread
Captain
# 25
01-18-2014, 06:52 PM
Polarise hull plating and jam sensors work every time for me. Though I only keep one slotted per ship. But they are useful to have.

I'll have to remember that eject warp plasma trick as well to knock them out.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Captain
# 26
01-19-2014, 12:37 AM
I looked it up in the wiki and it looks like there are two debuffs, a one that decreases your speed, a snare and one that decreases your turn rate. The latter one is very strong. There is a Romulan patrol mission, Tau Dewa daily, with those fighters that disable your capabillity to turn.

The speed debuff is dependable on the targets ship size. A large ship, small debuff, small ship larger debuff. If you are flying a big ship, just fly away or crank up the speed.

The damage is dependent on the aux level of the tractoring ship. Doing damage with tractor beams is a in my view a no go for a combat ships that relies on weapon damage.

I do not like snares and roots in general. If they work good, they are probably over powered, if they are balanced with counter measurements, they are useless. Besides, we have ranged combat, as long as my target is in range, I can fire at it.

BTW, polarize hull is on all my ships. As soon as I have a science officer, it is polarize hull and hazzard emitters. These are must have abillities in my view.
Career Officer
# 27 i like the cloak
01-19-2014, 10:20 AM
ive used it on my fleet deridex and falchion cloak and i get away and no i don't keep my shields up while cloaking i don't use that console i swapped it in favour of fleet armour console but im weird
Career Officer
# 28
01-19-2014, 05:33 PM
Meh, outside of PvP, anymore I don't bother with a dedicated tractor break, and instead just turtle up and try to get tractored pointy end in hehe.

Viral Matrix has a good chance of taking Aux offline, and that drops tractors.

For that matter, target aux and the like would have the same effect. As would enough power drain to take aux offline. And the MACO 3pc.

Anti matter spread seems to work on things that aren't borg, but it is sporadic at best... maybe I miss them some times... hell I don't know but sometimes it works. Oddly, I've never noticed scramble sensors doing it... maybe it does and I never noticed...

Photonic shockwave seems to work on anything non-borg.

Getting out of 5k will make you immune to the effect, but will not end it. You need to get out of 10k for that. Tractor Beam Repulsors will push them out of range.

Best defense, stay out of 5k and never get tractored in the first place, or be tough enough to giggle when they hit you.

PvP... all bets are off... I really like Omega...
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard

Last edited by kimmym; 01-19-2014 at 05:38 PM.
Closed Thread