Captain
# 101
02-15-2013, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirricwin View Post
At what point did I say you should join us? And i certainly do not tell people to "**** off".
Oh really...

Quote:
To be blunt, deal with it.
Quote:
Don't bother starting up a new small fleet and expect to get an easy ride, it wont happen. You only get out of life what you put in, so make some effort in a large fleet and you will enjoy your online time much more.
Or even buy some tier four or five gear from fleets who are selling them.
Quote:
In all seriousness though, starting these sort of posts, these silly little spats and flame wars because people dont understand or refuse to accept the Starbase system, is just pointless.

You fly in, swinging at anyone who disagrees with you and throw around accusations that they're lazy, entitled bastards who want things handed to them when that is markedly the opposite of what is being asked for.

Countless fleets of every size, from 5-mans to 100+ man groups, are asking for one thing and one thing only: to be able to make meaningful progress in the holding system without sacrificing their identities as autonomous fleets by being forced into merges with others.

People are more than willing to do the work, all they want is a chance to complete said work sometime before they die of old age.
Captain
# 102
02-15-2013, 05:42 AM
Quote:
That makes alot more sense. Similar to merging fleets, but retaining individual fleets, rather than some scaled projects.
If you wish to support the proposal, would you mind commenting in the thread I've created. Maybe, if it gets enough comments, the devs will actually read it. I also posted a comment in Dan Stahl's thread, but I'm afraid it will get lost in the now 40+ pages of comments.
Career Officer
# 103
02-15-2013, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Oh really...

You fly in, swinging at anyone who disagrees with you and throw around accusations that they're lazy, entitled bastards who want things handed to them when that is markedly the opposite of what is being asked for.

Countless fleets of every size, from 5-mans to 100+ man groups, are asking for one thing and one thing only: to be able to make meaningful progress in the holding system without sacrificing their identities as autonomous fleets by being forced into merges with others.

People are more than willing to do the work, all they want is a chance to complete said work sometime before they die of old age.

You just picked a few random quotes and hope they back up your nonsense?... poor effort.
I specifically said I'm not saying people are lazy, just that we are focused on our goal.
And I'm swinging at you because you have been on the offensive from the word go.

You say that fleets are askng for one thing, but thats a very vague and indirect response to what I said. You could be a politician.
You are asking for the whole system to be restructured to cater for small fleets. Might as well be asking for it on a silver platter. You are asking for someone to make it easy for small fleets because they either don't want to or cant be bothered to, accept the way the game is. Theres no two ways about it. Dress it up as much as you like, but thats what you are asking for.

I'm all in favour of everyone getting the most out of the game, but trying to make such a radical change to a major aspect of the game is just ludicrous.
The Devs dont have the time or resources to do so, even if they wanted to. The current system works as it was intended, and pretty much flawlessly considering the usual track record of bugs in this game.

Last edited by sirricwin; 02-15-2013 at 05:59 AM.
Captain
# 104
02-15-2013, 06:08 AM
Quote:
You just picked a few random quotes and hope they back up your nonsense?... poor effort.
I specifically said I'm not saying people are lazy, just that we are focused on our goal.
So,people aren't lazy, but...

Quote:
You are asking for someone to make it easy for small fleets because they either don't want to or cant be bothered to, accept the way the game is. Theres no two ways about it. Dress it up as much as you like, but thats what you are asking for.
Not lazy, but lazy? That makes sense.

Quote:
I'm all in favour of everyone getting the most out of the game, but trying to make such a radical change to a major aspect of the game is just ludicrous.
The Devs dont have the time or resources to do so, even if they wanted to. The current system works as it was intended, and pretty much flawlessly considering the usual track record of bugs in this game.
As opposed to radically re-inventing STFs? Re-inventing the entire skill tree? Reinventing weapons, skills, and equipment? Recycling content into reputation systems? I'm sure the devs didn't have time to do any of that either.

If you want to have an actual conversation about making fleet holdings amenable to all players from all different factions, playstyles and outlooks, than have one. Don't insult a large portion of the playerbase that has absolutely no interest in playing the game "your way". Do I have all the answers? Absolutely not. Have there been multiple suggestions that have generated some good ideas out of this thread? You bet. Did you just fly in and crap all over the people who are trying to make things better for everyone because they would change the paradigm that has you and your fleet on top? You better believe you just did. Repeatedly.

Last edited by stirling191; 02-15-2013 at 06:11 AM.
Career Officer
# 105
02-15-2013, 06:19 AM
I'm trying to have a conversation, but you are obviously in a single mind set that anything that isn't an agreement with you must be wrong and is a personal attack which must not be tolerated.

You are a very experienced keyboard warrior, with exceptional skills to misread what is said and twist meanings.

If you are bluntly saying that my comments are implying that everyone is lazy; then you obviously intend the devs to hand small fleets everything, albeit for a nominal and much reduced recourse cost.

You admit you don't have the answers, indeed no one does. Yet you still argue that everything else is wrong and that you are right.
I'm not here to put people down like you insist on doing. Everything has two sides, I'm here to show the other side of the debate that you don't seem to think either exists or is not relevant.
Survivor of Romulus
# 106
02-15-2013, 06:49 AM
Sorry sirricwin, but from what I keep hearing from you is you never actually ever had to work your ass off like around 95% of the players in the game have. Just because you are in a extremely huge active Fleet you expect everyone else in the entire game to do the same. Sorry but that is never ever going to happen.
Captain
# 107
02-15-2013, 07:08 AM
Quote:
If you are bluntly saying that my comments are implying that everyone is lazy; then you obviously intend the devs to hand small fleets everything, albeit for a nominal and much reduced recourse cost.
Coming from the person who flat out accused anyone of wanting a reduction in holding costs of being lazy and entitled, that's just hilarious. The overwhelming majority of fleets, mine included, don't want things handed to us. We're more than willing to work towards things, so long as there is a reasonable endpoint that doesn't require years of grinding.

Quote:
You admit you don't have the answers, indeed no one does. Yet you still argue that everything else is wrong and that you are right.
Incorrect. I'm arguing that the status quo, which you are championing, is untenable, inadequate and highly destructive to small and medium sized fleets. All you've done is say "you want T5 starbase, join zerg fleet. Be like me, otherwise you lazy and greedy".

Quote:
I'm not here to put people down like you insist on doing. Everything has two sides, I'm here to show the other side of the debate that you don't seem to think either exists or is not relevant.
And yet you've now made multiple posts villifying the simple concept of smaller fleets having a reasonable expectation of finishing a starbase sometime this decade. I've made it very clear what I oppose: zerg-fleets to fix all your ills, and the starbase status quo. Put forward a solution that allows equitable access for fleets of all sizes, and we'll talk.
Community Moderator
# 108
02-15-2013, 07:13 AM
Hi,

This thread has now most definitely run its course, and isn?t providing any civilised discussion, so due to this as well as the high number of flaming/trolling posts and/or reported posts in this thread, I'm closing this thread down.

1. For future reference please remember that it helps a great deal when posts which violate the PWE Community Rules and Policies are not responded to and are reported via submitting a Forums and Website Ticket (click here).

2. If you think any of your posts within a thread have violated the PWE Community Rules and Policies, please edit your posts before a moderator takes action.

3. If you feel you need to get in touch with PWE BranFlakes to discuss the actions taken by any Community Moderator, you can do so by submitting a Forums and Website ticket (click here).

Cheers,

syberghost
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Closed Thread