Starfleet Veteran
# 511
02-15-2013, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Absolutely not. That would give Cryptic zero incentive, and in fact a major financial disincentive, to fix the problems with fleet mark scarcity.
Oh yeah, I totally agree. But my point is that they probably won't fix the scarcity issue anyway. Or, if you believe Dan...maybe fix it in May. Maybe.

So, if it isn't going to be fixed, then why not just sell the marks outright so at least the 5 man fleets with cash and/or dilithium can hack a win out of this clusterf**k?

Last edited by boglejam73; 02-15-2013 at 07:20 AM.
Career Officer
# 512
02-15-2013, 07:19 AM
What I don't understand is how you can pug any STF with a group of 5 people and its not a fleet mission, but you can pug a fleet event with the same 5 guys and it is a fleet mission.

Maybe they think our brains are stuffed with Tribbles...

Sort of boggles the mind.
Click here to see the true story of the KDF and Cryptic!

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
Empire Veteran
# 513
02-15-2013, 07:19 AM
Quote:
If you are in a Fleet less than 25 players, then it is expected to be more challenging than the norm.
I find that surprising. I'd love to see how many fleets have 25 active members.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Career Officer
# 514
02-15-2013, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
Both of these suggestions are in line with the changes coming.
Not just the current fleet missions but all the others that have been subsequently removed. Should at least have a small amount of fleet marks for each fleet mission then a much bigger amount for daily. The daily's are weird as well. For some reason I have just done Minefield 3 days in a row, may be 2 since I had it lined up... still should get a fourth in with CD/reset.
Career Officer
# 515 Do it like CoH
02-15-2013, 07:20 AM
Why not make it like City of Heroes and "going into Super Group" mode? But call it "flee Mode". Basically when you go into fleet mode you half your XP and mission rewards in favor of receiving SG (fleet) rewards XP. (IE if you normally get 1000xp and 100 Dil for a mission you would now get 500xp 25 FM and 25 Dil) This way like in CoH you can start new characters that "want" to go through all the content because it gives SG (fleet) XP throughout the life of the characters leveling.

This also helps not having to grind the same 4 mission over and over again since all content offers FM?.. CoH did this right
Captain
# 516
02-15-2013, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebumble View Post
What I don't understand is how you can pug any STF with a group of 5 people and its not a fleet mission, but you can pug a fleet event with the same 5 guys and it is a fleet mission.

Maybe they think our brains are stuffed with Tribbles...

Sort of boggles the mind.
You know better than to expect logic from Cryptic.
Captain
# 517
02-15-2013, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomictiki View Post
The solution is always ALWAYS returning less that we got previously. Theyare continually returning less thanthey take - always shafting the players ina way that fools just enoughto keep their shenanigans afloat.
Realy?

Well last time, they pulled dilithium rewards from STFs right as they added another dilithium cost-heavy grindfest. The forum erupted just like it did this time. Then a couple of weeks later they added Dilithium to Foundry. Then the result was more Dilithium yielded than ever before. Not less... More. The Fleet Marks were a bonus that they never intended to leave. I remember that it was originally planned to be removed. I also remember them announcing that they were leaving it, as I recall, "for now." That indicated right there that it was subject to change.

If they add a fleet mark reward wrapper around PvP engagements and other group-oriented missions that works the way it did on the Foundry, that will solve a lot of the problem right there.

Whatever they do, I figure we'll see it start to balance out in two to three weeks.
The truth is that this latest so-called Cryptic-screws-over-their-customers move will turn out like all the others that came before it. People will adapt to the changes, realize that it really isn't as bad as they were screaming about, and it will be business as usual... Until Cryptic screws ocer their customers with the next big update. Rinse and repeat... just like the rest of what STO is about...
Career Officer
# 518
02-15-2013, 07:30 AM
Wow...

Talk about throwing oneself under a bus....

Dan, I think you've also rolled over to the other lane, got hit by a mac truck and then ended up on some train tracks with the crossing arms coming down...

I've seen road-kill that looks better than you right now.

I'd rather stomp on a burning bag of poo, than be in your shoes at the moment.

Sooooo...

...any bets as to how long before They toss a measly amount of FM's to a couple of missions to attempt to quell this raging firestorm of whoop-arse??

Remember what Smokey says...
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 02-15-2013 at 07:42 AM.
Career Officer
# 519
02-15-2013, 07:32 AM
They normally do quick-fixes and emergency maintenance on Mondays..XD
Click here to see the true story of the KDF and Cryptic!

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
Starfleet Veteran
# 520
02-15-2013, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by petst0ne View Post
Regarding the requesting better gear from a possible pvp reputation system, if that ever happens, that will be the last day Perfect World Entertainment or Cryptic Studios will ever get my 14.99$ per month for the gold membership subscription, and they will never see my account log on again. Heck, even this recent update was virtually crossing the line, but because I like Star Trek Online, I have not lost hope yet. But, this is not permanent. I am an avid pvper, and curently, grinding both a fleet starbase with a group of friends. Just so you know, when I say Grinding, I mean Grinding. We're a group of 3 people, and we have gotten to fleet level 4, starbase tier 2, and almost embassy tier 1 in less then 2 weeks, without trying our hardest. If a pvp reputation system were to come out, it would set everything off balance. Pvp isn't meant to have a group of weapons, kits, or armor/shields, not to mention that everyone should wear, because it's better then the best, which you would get from the fleet starbase, or the exchange. the stuff that you get off of the fleet starbase is 10 times better then the stuff that you get off of the exchange.... Sorry, back on topic... Right now, there are 4 Reputation systems, 2 personal, and 2 fleet. If we add a third personal reputation, which would hinder about 90% of the game that is not in a large tier 5 fleet that requires no grinding, it would set everything off balance, not to mention kill off the already (sadly) dying PvP., not necessarily kill things as well as a tac. In my personal opinion, the only reason that you would be complaining about the engineer embassy kit not being as powerful as the embassy tac kit, is because you wouldn't know how to run either the kit, or the engineer, or what their role in the game is.
Love,
Radar =/\=
actually if you do pvp then you would know the best gear for ground is stf and for space is either omega with elite fleet shields or borg gear. as far as weps for space anything with a damage mod is garbage. even for pve. to be very good in space pvp you need accx2 atleast. ground would be anything with a critdx3.

also i think you need to check your star base and look at the fact advanced ground weps are better then eite. i doubt anyone in thier right mind would agree that top level gear should be better then lower level gear.......

the stuff from sb..........well lets just say most of it is crap. the mk12 fire team kit from embassy is the only good kit they came up with.

as for a rep pvp system i would love to see accx3 that i could pay dil for that bound to toon.

but i think you missed my point here. building a star base is res heavy. the gear that comes out of it is really not even worth it. i would not put on any of the space weps to go space pvping in. so again im asking why do we have such a huge dil and ec sink if what come out of the sb is not even good even for pve?

as far as not knowing how to play engy or sci class? sorry m8 but i do. im in the best pvp ground fleet atm. FES

so to even try to question me on ground is a bit stupid. im actually trying to bring up the topic to get the other kits brought inline with tact. im sure anyone who is not as dumb as a rock would have seen the example i gave and understtod very fast.

LOVE BROKEN

Last edited by broken1981; 02-15-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Closed Thread