Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,099
# 611
02-15-2013, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomace View Post
Isn't it entirely possible that the change is because "Large" fleets are using this method to get marks easy, hence why some are getting to the top tier faster than Cryptic would like?

This change effects large and small fleets. Not sure why some don't get this.

Either way, let them. Large or small. It's still sounds like a boring grind to me, so if they want to do it, let them.
yes some of us were doing it, but seeing as we can always get full groups for 20 man FM event it doesn't matter either way.
Career Officer
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 546
# 612
02-15-2013, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
I was replying to a post saying it was mostly us from large fleets that don't mind the changes and it wasn't a large vs small fleet thing, and I pointed out that many of them have been asking for scaling down contribution requirements for small fleets in this thread and others and how Ithink its unfair.

And no removing FM for IOR does not hurt my fleet at all, nobody is complaining. We actually do stuff together as a fleet like 20 man Starbase defense and earn lots of fleet marks all the time. We spend more time complaining about not being able to all donate our marks then lack of marks.
Then if it is no issue for you why not start your own thread backing Cryptic, because as of right now we are going on 200 total pages of disent, and not much in favor.
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS

Last edited by lordagamemnonb5; 02-15-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 624
# 613
02-15-2013, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloctoad View Post
Massively Multiplayer denotes the total number of people supported for playing the game and relates in no manner to the number of players in any given guild, clan, or fleet. Once again you butcher and carve definitions to fit your argument. It just doesn't work.
From Wiki:

A massively multiplayer online game (also called MMO and MMOG) is a multiplayer video game which is capable of supporting hundreds or thousands of players simultaneously. By necessity, they are played on the Internet. Many games have at least one persistent world, however others just have large numbers of players competing at once in one form or another without any lasting effect to the world at all. These games can be played on any platform it, be it the personal computer, a game console such as the internet capable PSP, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, PS Vita or Wii, or mobile devices and smartphones based on such operating systems as Android, iOS and Windows Phone.

MMOGs can enable players to cooperate and compete with each other on a large scale, and sometimes to interact meaningfully with people around the world. They include a variety of gameplay types, representing many video game genres.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 276
# 614
02-15-2013, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
yes some of us were doing it, but seeing as we can always get full groups for 20 man FM event it doesn't matter either way.
Ahh, so not only conjecture about large fleets, but your own too?

So you don't really know how they think?
From the man himself - "And as far as Season 7 being "grindy" - welcome to the MMORPG genre"

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under..."Grind is good".
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,099
# 615
02-15-2013, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr4v1t4r View Post
How is that unfair? Should the players in smaller fleets get less rewards for their work? Because currently they do, you keep ignoring the fact that members of small fleets have to do *more* for the same rewards. Ergo, the return on investment is far worse then in larger fleets, scaling down so the return on investment would be the same vs. larger fleets would *not* be unfair to you, it would be fair for those in smaller fleets...
If I have a million Dilithium or a 1000 fm on hand(which sometimes I do have even more of at times) and its enough to finish a project on my own, I should be able to contribute it and finish that project regardless if I am in a large or small fleet. If I was able to take those same resources and be able to use it to finish a project in a small fleet but if I donated the same amount in my fleet and the project didn't get finished due to some silly scaling requirement I would be very angry and so would many of my other fleet mates.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,173
# 616
02-15-2013, 10:29 AM
I suppose I should pipe in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
After the release of Season 7, we noticed that the amount of Fleet Marks players were earning per day started declining. As we expected, it was mostly due to the introduction of new content and the new Reputation system. Players were now spending less time in missions that granted Fleet Marks, and more time in missions that granted Dilithium and Rep Marks.

WHAT?!?!?!? You don't say?!?!?!


Proably because the Romulan rep missions have crappy payout and are both HARD CAPPED and TIME GATED, so people are forced to grind those more than fleet mark missions. Things that could help alleviate the pressure?

1. REMOVE THE HARD CAPS from ROMULAN REP missions
: Why are they there? It's simply an artifice to ****** progression.

2. HARD CAP or TIME LIMIT - NOT BOTH:
I can't stress this more. It is unfair and entirely onerous.

3. Give a bump to REP missions so people can do the current fleet missions: This is self explanatory.

4. Add fleet marks to Other Fleet actions: (Breaking the Planet, etc etc)


People don't like being forced to play a particular way. Give them some freedom, and they won't complain as much.

No one likes "Playing as intended".

-ABM
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,750
# 617
02-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
Well I do agree we need more choices, I pointed out in earlier posts that get buried under the see of complaints that we do need more Fleet events. However I also agree with what the dev said that FM should be awarded for group content only, not something soloable like IOR.

What we need is a few more Fleet mark events for both space and ground, and also pvp versions of the existing ones with more marks to winner as to discourage people from AFKing.

Also FM should be added to the Fleet actions as well.
Welcome to the dark side....oh, sorry, wrong IP.

This is the same point many of us have been making. It's not the removal of FM from IOR thats the actual issue, its that removal without the new systems being in place.

The changes as they stand, massively, disproportionately affect small fleets.

Your big fleet will not be affected to the same degree.

Waiting months for a fix is simply not acceptable.

I also take great exception to your assertion that, without this change, your hard work is somehow being devalued.

Big fleets, by definition, get things done faster......nothing wrong with that at all, its as it should be.

However small fleets, even before this change, had to work harder to achieve the same results.

After this change, the difficulty has increased massively.

It is small fleets work that is being devalued, not big fleets.

On that point, you are simply in error.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,099
# 618
02-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomace View Post
Ahh, so not only conjecture about large fleets, but your own too?

So you don't really know how they think?
what conjecture?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,692
# 619
02-15-2013, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomace View Post
And? This is still not the norm for a lot of fleets.

Just because that is the rules your fleet does, doesn't mean every other "large" fleet does the same.

Still not sure where your coming from and what your "real" thoughts are.

So far it seem your own"metrics" are based solely on your own fleet and that is what you are portraying as facts.
And how is his metrics any more or less valid then what you claim above in your response. Do you have the ability to datamine STO's fleet statistics? Probably not, would be my guess. He posting his Fleet situation; and you're countering with your guess.

In other words - how are his 'facts' any more or less valid then what you attempt to present as you 'facts' in your reply?
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,099
# 620
02-15-2013, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordagamemnonb5 View Post
Then if it is no issue for you why not start your own thread backing Cryptic, because as of right now we are going on 200 total pages of disent, and not much in favor.
This is not a complaint only thread if you read the title it says update on the changes to FM and Dil, and thus the thread is for any feedback and discussion on it, positive or negative.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:44 AM.