Survivor of Romulus
# 21
02-15-2013, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by variant37 View Post
Yes, but since we already have multiple 2-hour fleet mark bonus event windows daily, those could simply be further fleshed out with better rewards and more missions to participate in while at the same time expanding the reputation bonus windows by dropping officer reports.
Sure, that was just one possible suggestion
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Lieutenant
# 22
02-15-2013, 10:32 AM
The cool solution here would be for Cryptic to add fleet marks based on how much time you spend on a Foundry mission, rather than removing the event altogether. Say 10-15 marks for your 15 min, and scale up accordingly.
Career Officer
# 23
02-15-2013, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
I think you are missing the point.

Maybe I am wrong here, and if i am fair enough, but you dont need the wrapper at all to do the hour. they are 100% separate of each other.

during the hour, play any foundry mission. get more experience and more EC than you would outside of the hour. that's it. they just happen to have a similar name.

now that might be a poor reward and its not going to fix the fleet mark problem and maybe it should go anyway for a more valuable event, but the hour is doing exactly what it was designed for.

if thats wrong, im happy to be told otherwise.
If the 'event' itself still.l increases rewards for Foundry content if you're playing it when the 'event' is active, then it doesn't need to be removed - but it DOES need to be remaned as we're not playing "Officer Report" content; we're playing Foundry content - and nowhere, except in the now removed IOR wrapper mission was Foundry content ever refered to as "Officer Reports" (and IMO it does show a lack of overall planing and player consideration to either not remove the event entirely (if it no loger works), or rename it to something more appropriate, after the change.)

DStahl likes to claim a lot of thought and planning goes into changes like these; but when obvious things like this are in effect forgotten; one really has to wonder if that statement is accurate.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Captain
# 24
02-15-2013, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
No.

People are upset because their exploitable source of fleet marks was taken away. Reputation has nothing to do with fleet marks except on the couple of missions that give both (Mine Trap).

It seems reasonably to me. Fleet marks time lasts 2 hours, reputation time should last 2 hours.

So, it should take more people longer than just one?
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
02-15-2013, 11:17 AM
As I've plotted out on the Subspace Agenda, The Officer Reports even currently swaps places with the Dilithium Mining event in the rotation.

*IF* the Officer Report does nothing, they could replace it with the Dilithium Mining Event to make that consistently happen within the cycle, but I'm not convinced that an EC/XP bonus is "nothing", regardless of how easy it is to come by through other means.

If Fleet Marks is the issue, they could add Fleet Marks to the Mirror Universe Event (which it sounds like they're going to do anyway)

The Vault Shuttle Event is the one event I think hasn't made sense after they implemented the Romulan Reputation. That should be incorporated into the Reputation bonus event and give extra Romulan Marks.

The way the schedule is laid out, they could more easily make the Vault Shuttle Event into another "Bonus Reputation" hour and either have a bonus rep hour before and after the Fleet Marks event or combine it into one 2-hour event and place it adjacent to the Fleet Marks event.

EDIT: Also, I see this topic has been moved from General Discussion and into the Foundry. Isn't this thread more about the schedule of events and Fleet Marks than foundry missions?

Raptr profile

Last edited by direphoenix; 02-15-2013 at 11:29 AM.