Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 271
02-15-2013, 02:50 PM
It would really be nice if there was a response from the other side of the fence on this. Something besides the player-generated shower of (useful, and I posted some myself) darts thrown at the workaround dartboard.

There are some players for whom none of the posted workarounds are 100%, and for them it's gamebreaking unless you call running a ship without a bridge crew, or with a partial bridge crew acceptable.

It's just possible I should have waited a while to go gold, although I only bit on it for 3 months. We had a saying early on in Asheron's Call; "Never play on Patch Day". The industry as a whole has gotten better about that, but seeing the sheer volume of posts on the forums since the last patch where the attitude conveyed is "Great, another bad patch." isn't not giving me warm and fuzzy feelings....any more than reading about the Borg Boff project store bug where it has been pointed out that the bug was clearly identified and acknowledged on Tribble and still pushed to production. That's a flawed process, period.

Last edited by hiplyrustic; 02-15-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 272
02-15-2013, 03:36 PM
As of today it is impossible for me to assign, reassign or unassign any bridge officers, on any ship, on any character on my account.
I've tried changing instance, changing ships, changing to shuttle, warping in and out of system and sector space. I've tried logging out and in again, I've tried closing the game entirely and running it again.
Problem exist on all 6 Fed characters and all 3 Klingon characters I have.

Anyone have any brilliant ideas for a workaround that works?
Lt. Commander
# 273
02-15-2013, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richarddover View Post
As of today it is impossible for me to assign, reassign or unassign any bridge officers, on any ship, on any character on my account.
I've tried changing instance, changing ships, changing to shuttle, warping in and out of system and sector space. I've tried logging out and in again, I've tried closing the game entirely and running it again.
Problem exist on all 6 Fed characters and all 3 Klingon characters I have.

Anyone have any brilliant ideas for a workaround that works?
If you have at least one open spot on your boff roster and there are enough cheap boffs on the exchange then yes I may have one for you:

-One ship at a time, buy a new set of the cheapest boffs you can find...enough for all that ship's stations.
-One slot at a time (for the entire following process), activate the appropriate new boff...it should leap into the empty slot automatically (if not, select it).
-Once it's slotted, change the slot to select the boff you want in that slot and dismiss the newly bought bargainboff.
-Rinse and repeat.

Last edited by hiplyrustic; 02-15-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Ensign
# 274
02-15-2013, 04:00 PM
You know, I wouldn't mind if this wasn't happening as often as it was

Yay I get a new ship, I unload my old ship, buy millions of EC of new equipment and.... I can't use it because I can't assign BOFF to it.

Loads of fun there

Now I kinda sorta get it why they removed the " Investigate Officer Reports " mission, and I know this isn't the thread for it, but it ties in in this way. Without that quest I need to go farm Dil other ways, many of which involve .. you know... playing the game. Besides which without that quest most small to medium sized fleets are now officially screwed, but hey who wanted variety or casual game play in an MMO anyway, I mean that's why 90% of players are in huge, micro-managed, power gamer fleets. We all love those don't we, I'm sure no one has heard from anyone who isn't in one in months /sarcasm

So I've essentially got to settle for a wasted day and move on to play something else, which of course doesn't encourage me to come back tomorrow and try again, though I probably will, and of course if it doesn't work tomorrow... well you see where I'm going with this.

Essentially I figure for every person out there that has this issue, let's call it 1000, 10 people will lose it by day 2 or 3 and finally shelf this game in favor of another ( that may be generous but let's go with that ). That's a 1% loss every time a screw up like this happens ( we won't go over nerf's, every time they nerf something the number goes higher than 1% but might be offset by other players sticking around when they would have left ).

Now I've seen some estimates that put STO at 1 million players active accounts, I do not know if this is true 1% of 1 million is 10,000 people. If we assume on average that people spend roughly 20 dollars a month on this game on average ( on average on average, some people don't spend anything I know ) that's a loss of 200,000 dollars a month.

It may just be me, but that seems like a lot, enough that they would prevent this sort of thing from happening. Even if all my numbers are hypothetical it would seem financially ruinous to allow something of -this- level of significance to happen. I'd almost rather the servers stayed closed for emergency whatever, at least then I'd get the feeling they were actually working on something
Career Officer
# 275
02-15-2013, 04:10 PM
Got the same problem,,,,,have 3 ships that i cant use KDF AND FED just paid ZEN for 1 and im a bit fed up with **** ups that keep happening lately,,,, anyone no a easy way to get over the prob only im not that tec minded and not in a fleet,,,,,,
Career Officer
# 276
02-15-2013, 04:17 PM
just tried assigning new officers from bridge officer candidates but it telling me that theirs no room,,,,,,,,
Lt. Commander
# 277
02-15-2013, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpugwash1 View Post
just tried assigning new officers from bridge officer candidates but it telling me that theirs no room,,,,,,,,
Do you have available slots for officers? You need at least one open boff spot on your roster for that fix
Ensign
# 278
02-15-2013, 04:21 PM
Tried switching ships, did me no good, same problem
Republic Veteran
# 279
02-15-2013, 04:23 PM
This one plagued me for a little bit but I found that going to my ship's bridge and setting my BOffs -there- worked while doing it in Sector Space did not.
Career Officer
# 280
02-15-2013, 04:31 PM
Cheers ships bridge worked for me on my KDF ship will try FED ships lata,,,,,,,,,
Closed Thread