Captain
# 41
02-15-2013, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kempeth View Post
I don't think it is. When you get the mission at my/our level it will not even send you to those sectors. IIRC I needed to visit the left Klingon block, all Federation blocks and all but the bottom most Romulan block.

I've read up on it on the wiki and it seems to be because the rewards of the mission are scaled to your level. But still 1k? vs 50k seems like a disproportionate scaling.

I don't want to discourage you from trying though. It would be nice to have confirmation, and if you plan the tour in advance it should also take you less time. Also it's generally pretty easy work and you can browse DOff assignments while cruising around. So it's not all bad.

I should be able to make captain this weekend and hopefully have time to try again.
Curious... I will try this with my Lt. Commander alt and see what happens.
Captain
# 42
02-16-2013, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirokk View Post
Curious... I will try this with my Lt. Commander alt and see what happens.
Well I can say now that lower rank characters to not get the same amount to EC during the Tour. Looked at STOWiki again but not mention of a scale of any kind. If you are not getting enough EC, sell drops on the Exchange until you rank up more.

I attempted to do the Tour with my Commander character but the Tour ended before I could finish a sector block.
Captain
# 43
02-17-2013, 04:01 AM
I always thought the rewards scaled based on rank and the path you had to travel depended upon whether you were high enough level to have missions in that sector:

Lt. Com was everything in the Klingon Front. Commander was that plus the Romulan sectors. Captain included Cardassia, etc. No way you could get the whole map without something like Borg engines or slipstream...

I only ever ran it once many moons ago. So I may be incorrect.