Starfleet Veteran
I know that there already is a thread about this but I want to make a priority request. Assets can wait, can we please have contacts like used in cryptic missions. I.e. the book for computer accessing and the shadow man for, well, clandestine conversations.

Please, those consoles look awful as contact pictures and there isn't a way to make that shadow guy.

Unless there is a work around.
Captain
# 2
02-13-2013, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gammadelta2 View Post
I know that there already is a thread about this but I want to make a priority request. Assets can wait, can we please have contacts like used in cryptic missions. I.e. the book for computer accessing and the shadow man for, well, clandestine conversations.

Please, those consoles look awful as contact pictures and there isn't a way to make that shadow guy.

Unless there is a work around.
There is a way to make the console show as black. If the object has default dialogue and is not part of the story board, then you can publish it without selecting a costume for its dialogue. It will have no costume. Be careful though. Don't touch that costume button, lol.
Career Officer
# 3
02-14-2013, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
There is a way to make the console show as black. If the object has default dialogue and is not part of the story board, then you can publish it without selecting a costume for its dialogue. It will have no costume. Be careful though. Don't touch that costume button, lol.
Really? I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip!

I still wish we could get space costumes back as a selection though.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Rihannsu
# 4
02-14-2013, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
Really? I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip!

I still wish we could get space costumes back as a selection though.
You can... but....

step1: create a space costume(either in foundry or the shipyard)

step2: create a new ground costume

step3: import the space costume to the ground costume

Yeah, it's kinda like the old trick for using space costumes for ground chars...
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Career Officer
# 5
02-14-2013, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
You can... but....

Yeah, it's kinda like the old trick for using space costumes for ground chars...
Does it work with NPCs, because if so we can now put ships outside custom interior maps.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Captain
# 6
02-14-2013, 06:54 PM
Quote:
You can... but....

By import you mean in the foundry? What are the tasks required to do this? Can you put a space costume on a ground npc?
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Rihannsu
# 7
02-14-2013, 07:39 PM
@ Nagorak: yes

@Lincoln: yes

Just use the import costume button to import a ship costume to a ground char.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Captain
# 8
02-15-2013, 01:54 PM
Quote:
@ Nagorak: yes

@Lincoln: yes

Just use the import costume button to import a ship costume to a ground char.
I finally got a ground char costumed as a ship but now it is no longer useable as a ground costume. The whole process causes the game to crash too.

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
02-15-2013, 02:02 PM
Greendragoon also found out yesterday that trying to put a space costume on a ground mob and place it on a ground/interior map will give you a "resource not available" flag in the little task window on the bottom left and it won't let you publish. Too bad really.
Join the Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable

List of great missions: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=286621

Last edited by drogyn1701; 02-15-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Captain
# 10
02-15-2013, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Greendragoon also found out yesterday that trying to put a space costume on a ground mob and place it on a ground/interior map will give you a "resource not available" flag in the little task window on the bottom left and it won't let you publish. Too bad really.
Now i know for sure. I remember Kirkfat saying he could do that though. I cant think of a practical use for placing ground npcs in space unless I create an Abrahan Lincoln costume...