Rihannsu
# 11
02-15-2013, 03:01 PM
I've done it so that I can use a ship costume as a dialogue contact in a regular story dialogue.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
02-15-2013, 03:03 PM
You can place them on the map and it works in preview. He talked about it on the podcast, but then between when we recorded it and when I got time to edit it, he discovered it won't let you publish, so I had to edit that part out.

Now, assuming it doesn't crash all the time, it could still work as a way to put ships in the dialogue window since you don't have to place those on the map. Mark says it works ^^^
Join the Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable

Looking for a Foundry mission for your Romulan character? Look no further!
Captain
# 13
02-15-2013, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolninspace View Post
Now i know for sure. I remember Kirkfat saying he could do that though. I cant think of a practical use for placing ground npcs in space unless I create an Abrahan Lincoln costume...
I think there are two diffierent ways, one which results in "resource not found" or "costume must be map specific." and the other that does not.

First way involves swapping the map, like you set up a talk to contact, pick a space ship, then delete the map, and try to use the one from the previous space map.

The import button lets you do this:

http://starbaseugc.com/wp-content/up...iedance003.jpg

The npcs run around in space firing photons from their... waists.

http://starbaseugc.com/wp-content/up...13/01/ship.jpg

Kind of stuck in the ground.

There are no errors in my log preventing publishing. It gives a publishing error?

Last edited by kirksplat; 02-15-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Captain
# 14
02-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
I think there are two diffierent ways, one which results in "resource not found" or "costume must be map specific." and the other that does not.

First way involves swapping the map, like you set up a talk to contact, pick a space ship, then delete the map, and try to use the one from the previous space map.

The import button lets you do this:

http://starbaseugc.com/wp-content/up...iedance003.jpg

The npcs run around in space firing photons from their... waists.

http://starbaseugc.com/wp-content/up...13/01/ship.jpg

Kind of stuck in the ground.

There are no errors in my log preventing publishing. It gives a publishing error?
Very interesting. I will have to publist a giant space lincoln with lasers coming out of his crotch foundry grind mission
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
02-15-2013, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
That's what Greendragoon said. Said it flagged it as "resource not available" or something. Maybe you did it differently?

Maybe I'll try publishing a quick test tonight.
Join the Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable

Looking for a Foundry mission for your Romulan character? Look no further!
Captain
# 16
02-15-2013, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
That's what Greendragoon said. Said it flagged it as "resource not available" or something. Maybe you did it differently?

Maybe I'll try publishing a quick test tonight.
The trick may be using a ground character, then recostuming it with the custom space costume that was imported.
Rihannsu
# 17
02-15-2013, 05:35 PM
I made a tutorial-ish thing... I'll post a link when DA quits acting screwy...

but I've never seen any errors with the method I've been using.

but yeah it's like Kirk said.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.