Captain
# 971
02-02-2013, 04:08 PM
I know nobody likes them but I would love to see an updated version of the TNG Season 1 Skant for male and females.
Career Officer
# 972 #972
02-05-2013, 08:54 AM
We need a lot more gear meant for combat. It seems that Starfleet is doing a lot more fighting than in most episodes of the series, so let us reflect that in our uniforms.

The armor designs in the game are terrible (not including the M.A.C.O./Omega/Honor Guard armor sets, just the normal loot armors), and we need something that looks like it is meant for heavy fighting (holsters for phaser pistols, slings for rifles, grenade belts, etc.). We also need armor that doesn't look like it is skin tight and attached to our bodies. We need helmets, armored vests like the Omega one, armored plating on the legs, armored bracers and boots, and so many other things that could make your crew look like Starfleet Marines.

If you need some inspiration, just look at the gear worn by the Colonial Marines in Aliens, they are geared up enough to take out anything.

Weapons alone don't win wars with the Borg, soldiers do, and sometimes we need to ditch the dress uniforms to look ready for that job.
Lieutenant
# 973
02-07-2013, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by organicmanfred View Post
I know nobody likes them but I would love to see an updated version of the TNG Season 1 Skant for male and females.
Not nobody I'm fine with TNG skants. ... see there's me and... hmmm.
Yeah, you were pretty close in your previous statement. lol
Lieutenant
# 974
02-15-2013, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliendejour View Post
Not nobody I'm fine with TNG skants. ... see there's me and... hmmm.
Yeah, you were pretty close in your previous statement. lol

For the love of...

Give this gentleman his skant. LOL. In the words of an unnamed educator: "What's good for the goose is good for the gander."

Fix the WoK rank pins, please.

And I saw the Ke'hleyr (sp?) outfit and think that'd make a CLASSY sexy Klingon female. Something they could appreciate I'm sure. Plus there's missing ST V and Lursa outfits for Klingon Women too.

I also feel oddly out of place on Risa... no matter what I wear, like being strangely over-dressed? On Andoria, I feel strangely under-dressed - just cannot place it really.

Can we please get some not so Star Warsy, sci-fantasy off duty uniforms... they just don't mix well with the somewhat realistic jumpsuit Starfleet uniforms, it's like the Starfleet kept their fashion sense where NY and Paris just went bonkers.
Survivor of Romulus
# 975
02-15-2013, 01:59 PM
I know a guy who really wore a skant to last year's Vegas convention.

I'd support adding it, probably wouldn't use it myself though. What I'd love to have, and it may have been in this thread before, is the captain's vest that Picard wears in First Contact and Sisko in DS9 Seasons 5-7.

And of course the obligatory admonition to add such things to the Foundry.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Starfleet Veteran
# 976
02-15-2013, 02:13 PM
Here's what I want:
Wolf ears (more ear options period)
ENT Mirror belt and sash AS ONE PIECE (the current version has the sash attached to the jacket)
Mix-and-match ranks (love the Mirror ENT shoulder boards)
More visor options
Customizable weapon appearances (really wouldn't be that hard)
Customizable armor appearances (also not difficult)
Lieutenant
# 977
02-15-2013, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
I know a guy who really wore a skant to last year's Vegas convention.

I'd support adding it, probably wouldn't use it myself though. What I'd love to have, and it may have been in this thread before, is the captain's vest that Picard wears in First Contact and Sisko in DS9 Seasons 5-7.

And of course the obligatory admonition to add such things to the Foundry.
At Vegas? Doesn't surprise me. But I've read through quite a number of pages and saw him begging for the Skant, so I say give the man what he wants.

The Vest is strangely absent... so is Kirk's in Generations and the coat Kirk and Starfleet Commander Marrow wear... oh and even Scotty wore that and the Kirk vest in TNG. So yeah, that really does need to appear. Though I guess the female version will be a little more difficult to mesh properly.
Survivor of Romulus
# 978
02-15-2013, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan6526 View Post
The Vest is strangely absent... so is Kirk's in Generations and the coat Kirk and Starfleet Commander Marrow wear... oh and even Scotty wore that and the Kirk vest in TNG. So yeah, that really does need to appear. Though I guess the female version will be a little more difficult to mesh properly.
Great suggestions, love to have those as well. I'd also add some the civilian stuff they all wore in Star Trek IV.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Captain
# 979
02-15-2013, 04:06 PM
Could we see more versions of the Odyssey Uniform? Like open, dress, skirt, and undershirt variants?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lieutenant
# 980
02-15-2013, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan6526 View Post
... I saw the Ke'hleyr (sp?) outfit and think that'd make a CLASSY sexy Klingon female. Something they could appreciate I'm sure. Plus there's missing ST V and Lursa outfits for Klingon Women too.

I also feel oddly out of place on Risa... no matter what I wear, like being strangely over-dressed? On Andoria, I feel strangely under-dressed - just cannot place it really.
I agree, Ke'hleyr's outfits would make pretty good additions (samples here) as the KDF seriously needs some decent clothing options. Also don't forget about the outfit Valkris wore in ST III (pic1 pic2)

For Andoria you can always wear a coat, provided you managed to snag one during the Winter Wonderland event.

But Risa could really use some type of bathing suit. If they're worried about hoards of bikini-clad officers roaming the game world they could make the suits go in the armor slot (like environmental suits) and have them be a consumable that's tied to the instance so they disappear when you leave Risa... like some of the special items you pick up in FE episodes.

Just a thought.