Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Captain
# 11
02-15-2013, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticpoz View Post
If you get a timeout, go back to character select and select the same character, does it time out again?
I'm no longer at work, so I can't reproduce, but it timed out every time on my main character.

Edit: per my earlier post, on Firefox only, not on Chrome.

Last edited by felderburg; 02-15-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Captain
# 12
02-17-2013, 10:22 AM
For some reason it's gone back to asking me for a one time code any time I try and sign on. Rubbish.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Cryptic Studios Team
# 13
02-17-2013, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
For some reason it's gone back to asking me for a one time code any time I try and sign on. Rubbish.
What browser are you using, and do you have cookies turned on?
Captain
# 14
02-17-2013, 12:55 PM
I use the current version of Firefox, and yes.

I had this issue before but then it just... went away. I assumed it had something to do with my internet at home being a wireless setup. But it was fine for the last few weeks the 4 or 5 times I checked this out. Now it's doing it again. It will probably fix itself again!

Last edited by tsurutafan01; 02-17-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 15
02-17-2013, 01:23 PM
Quote:
I use the current version of Firefox, and yes.

I had this issue before but then it just... went away. I assumed it had something to do with my internet at home being a wireless setup. But it was fine for the last few weeks the 4 or 5 times I checked this out. Now it's doing it again. It will probably fix itself again!
The previous problem was very likely because your IP address changed with the wireless setup. However, we removed the dependency on IP address or anything like that which (should have) fixed the problem. We do use a cookie in your browser, so switching browsers, clearing browsing information, and things of that nature will require a new Account Guard code. But otherwise, it should be good.

I will look into it further.
Captain
# 16
02-17-2013, 01:27 PM
Now I'm wondering if maybe it's my AVG Antivirus setup then, cleansing the tracking cookie because it's identifying it as harmful when it isn't (as does happen). Come to think of it this did start again after the recent large update it had.

That could likely be it. I will keep an eye on scan results and see if I can set it up to ignore that particular cookie. But if that is what is happening I'm not sure how to peg the right one as it lists coookies with very descriptive names like "ACDH2B0.txt" that doesn't tell me much.

Last edited by tsurutafan01; 02-17-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 17
02-17-2013, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Now I'm wondering if maybe it's my AVG Antivirus setup then, cleansing the tracking cookie because it's identifying it as harmful when it isn't (as does happen). Come to think of it this did start again after the recent large update it had.
Perhaps you can tell AVG to allow cookies *.startrekonline.com. Account stuff is at the domain auth.startrekonline.com and the application is gateway.startrekonline.com. Both have cookies.
Ensign
# 18
02-17-2013, 04:30 PM
Just bought a new ship. Retrained a few officers but cannot slot bridge officers even after moving to a new map. Logging in and out again or beaming down to a new location.
Career Officer
# 19
02-17-2013, 05:41 PM
Quote:
You have Encountered an Error
Page Not Found

Sorry, the page you are trying to reach could not be found.

Click here to go to Character Select
I'm using Windows Vista with Firefox 18.0.2 and got this message over the weekend when visiting the login page. The link did take me to my list of Captain's.

EDIT:

Something else that I keep forgeting to report regards switching from Fed Captains to a KDF Captain the first time. The UI drops for about 10 seconds. Gateway text - gray on black - collects to the left of screen. Then the proper, red UI pops into place and everything if fine. Switching back and forth is smooth going forward. Only happens the very first time a KDF Captain is selected. This has actually been the case for me since Tribble.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Where you can also catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Exploring STO Since Pavement.

Last edited by psiameese; 02-17-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 20
02-18-2013, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psiameese View Post
I'm using Windows Vista with Firefox 18.0.2 and got this message over the weekend when visiting the login page. The link did take me to my list of Captain's.
We reorganized some of the URLs in Gateway, so as long as this problem does not persist I think it's expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psiameese View Post
Something else that I keep forgeting to report regards switching from Fed Captains to a KDF Captain the first time. The UI drops for about 10 seconds. Gateway text - gray on black - collects to the left of screen. Then the proper, red UI pops into place and everything if fine. Switching back and forth is smooth going forward. Only happens the very first time a KDF Captain is selected. This has actually been the case for me since Tribble.
Hmmm. We haven't seen that ourselves, but it sounds like the initial load of the Klingon assets (pictures and so on) is slow for you. Once they load up, it redraws correctly. We'll take a look at that; I wouldn't expect then to load slowly.