Republic Veteran
# 911
02-15-2013, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous View Post
Oh Lowe....I pity you for buying the LTS. But I agree on the last bit. They could do so much with this franchise and yet they see us as a captive audience. Not only as Trek fans, but as gamers. There is a double draw there and as such the job of drawing us in is much easier. Pity then, that they take this opportunity and make such a poor job of it. Such potential wasted.

Sod it, I'm off to play skyrim.
Lowe? Olivia? What are your alternatives going to be?
It's becoming more and more clear that maybe some people need to step aside as far as PR goes. Probably even more from the development side as well. They talk so much about balance, yet I don't see any balance in fun vs money spent. It's all about the bottom line. They won't fix bugs like BOFFS not slotting or people not getting the proper reward for doing a spotlight mission, but I bet if the C Store went down, emergency server maintenance.
# 912
02-15-2013, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Oh Lowe....I pity you for buying the LTS. But I agree on the last bit. They could do so much with this franchise and yet they see us as a captive audience. Not only as Trek fans, but as gamers. There is a double draw there and as such the job of drawing us in is much easier. Pity then, that they take this opportunity and make such a poor job of it. Such potential wasted.

Skyrim for me too. Been playing it the last couple of months to get away from the grind here and will be getting the Dragonborn content sooner then I planned I guess, or get Xcom.
Ensign
# 913 annoying changes on sto
02-15-2013, 06:37 PM
the question is WHY,do they have to change all the time the good stuff they give us for a short period,they took dilithium out of stf,did the same in officer report,they keep making it harder to acquire primary item like dilithium and fleet marks,and i am not stating the ridiculus amount of romulan mark they give for doing azura.
they also give us purple duty officer witch fail mission time after time,they make us spent fleet credits on those same doff,but we are getting only the crap ones,the ones we can use to do anything,i have been playing sto every day for the past few years,i saw a lot of good changes,but the goal of the game always has been for me to have fun,and now there is no fun in grinding duff,cost to mutch dilithium,duff mission (all of them) have timer,so do the mission,fail it ,and wait again to try again...what is the point...

Why do sto dev keep doing such a thing to the game, they know the the casual player will
look up to the regular player for advice and tips on the game,if you managed to make me hate the game after almost 3 years of really good playing time (overall),imagine what it will do to the new player. And i am sure i am not the only one feeling that way about sto right now.........please give us the ability to do our duty officer missions,choose the duff we buy with our fleet credit,make it so we dont have to grind endless hours to acquire dilithium,so we can have fun with our fleetmates doing stf and fleet event and all the stuff we have to do on sto.

One last thing,it would be about time for you (dev) to give us the option for the fleet leader,keep track for a player on fleet store acquisition would tell the leader how many provision a player as bought,flag for banned new member that comes to the fleet only to steel stuff and then leave,annoying to the extreme it is.
I am not complaining about the quality of the game here,you (dev) have done a really good job at making sto enjoyable to play,congratulation on that.

Please do give us (all players) a break and give us the means to do our job as a captain of the fleet we are in,and allow us to gain dilithium,fleet marks and romulan marks to a respectable amount so we can enjoy the game.

the opinion of a fleet leader who is thinking seriously about quitting the game if no action is taken by the STO team.
Lt. Commander
# 914
02-15-2013, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia211 View Post
I bet if the C Store went down, emergency server maintenance.
IIRC, that actually did happen once, and on a Sunday...there was an emergency maintenance for that and they fixed it within a couple hours(might have been the ability to buy ZEN, but that's just as 'bad').
____

The o3 - Killed you good
Career Officer
# 915
02-15-2013, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakledgenius View Post
Skyrim for me too. Been playing it the last couple of months to get away from the grind here and will be getting the Dragonborn content sooner then I planned I guess, or get Xcom.
Skyrim is sounding good about now.

That and *shudders* SWTOR
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS
Ensign
# 916
02-15-2013, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blebbington View Post
Hmmmm, I wonder if the Fleet Marks nerf was implemented after the 'special' fleets hit rank 5?
:O

Now that you mention it......... o.0

Reminds me of the old days

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...36-d3jljyy.jpg
Career Officer
# 917
02-15-2013, 06:42 PM
Quote:
It's becoming more and more clear that maybe some people need to step aside as far as PR goes. Probably even more from the development side as well. They talk so much about balance, yet I don't see any balance in fun vs money spent. It's all about the bottom line. They won't fix bugs like BOFFS not slotting or people not getting the proper reward for doing a spotlight mission, but I bet if the C Store went down, emergency server maintenance.
Hehe,

I remember when they put an update out in Season 6 which bugged the pathing for NPC's that made all the Ground STF's impossible to complete broke the very first episode mission in the game and a whole bunch along the way.

Did this game-breaking issue receive immediate attention? nope, it took 7 days. How many new players logged on on those 7 days to find the very first mission unplayable and thought wtf is running this game!?

But yes if it doesn't have a quick buck attached to it, chances are it's not getting fixed
Career Officer
# 918
02-15-2013, 06:50 PM
Quote:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq...yxxoo1_500.jpg
Captain
# 919
02-15-2013, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diotw View Post
They did link to this thread on their Facebook page, but within minutes they deleted it. Presumably they realised just how badly they'd misjudged player opinion on this issue, and didn't want the anger to spread to the Facebook promotional page. XD
That's okay. I took the liberty of linking it.

Taking the week off to continue playing Baldur's Gate Enhanced. Go for the eyes, Boo. GO FOR THE EYES!
All cloaks should be canon.

Last edited by bloctoad; 02-15-2013 at 06:57 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 920
02-15-2013, 06:55 PM
Quote:

I am looking at Scarlet Blade when it's ready to come out. I already downloaded it, but unfortunately was not selected for the beta. I was going to try Tera, but I have heard real horror stories about their community. Accusations that I cannot discuss here have been slung by people in that game and apparently the devs there aren't doing anything about it. I did buy Mists of Pandaria when it came out, then quit Wow 3 days later so I could go back to that and it will all be new to me. I have something like 200k gold. Not sure if that's a lot now, but it's still a nice chunk of change.

All that or I could just redevelop a treatment I wrote a couple of months ago and talk to one of my clients about scripting it out.

And to sort of stay on topic here...to find out if it was real or just people raging, I did one of the spotlight missions. It's true. We're not getting the ec OR the extra Dilithium. Really, do they not have people testing these things before they release them? Never saw problems like this from Blizzard.