Lt. Commander
# 931
02-15-2013, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomictiki View Post
I'm returning to GW2. Anet atleast knows how to treat their players. No spaceships, but I can still pew pew withmy engineer.

Anet is pretty dang good with communicating with the player base for sure. They are also pretty delicate in making their changes, rarely pulling knee jerk reactions like Cryptic does oh so too often. PWE/Cryptic is more EA esque...milk the cash cow till it dies. Anet seems to really care a lot about GW2 and its players. May have to fire up GW2 and take a whirl again on my Ele, Warrior or Guardian. Isnt there a big update coming in March?
Captain
# 932
02-15-2013, 08:19 PM
Just listening to the Part 2 Priority one interview with Al Rivera - he seems like the guy calling all the shots and making all the decisions at STO - every thing is I, I, I - my team , my decision, I decide - wow I did not know he was the real man behind the throne.
Captain
# 933
02-15-2013, 08:21 PM
If we are talking about taking time away from STO to play other things, how about Minecraft with the Tekkit mod installed... We could spend a week building a world together. And at the end of that period we can come away feeling like we accomplished more than STO has allowed us to accomplish in three years.

Anyone game?
I'm glad you like this game.

As for me... I like games that I can play, not games that try to play me.

Last edited by sirsitsalot; 02-15-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Ensign
# 934
02-15-2013, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordagamemnonb5 View Post
This is what happens when you have a near 100 page thread of legitimate complaints that goes ignored by the devs. Sad thing I'd dstahl started the thread but can't be bothered to respond to the legitimate arguments. It's like he doesn't care about the players.
This is nothing in comparison to the player council debacle and erm....generally every 'bombshell' the devs would drop before going home for the weekend during the first 6 months of the game going live.....

Ahhhhhhh you could almost taste the discontent in the air as the devs prepared to patch the game......still at LEAST they give us patch notes and engineer reports now......back then they just dropped it on us all from the top floor of their building
Lt. Commander
# 935
02-15-2013, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Just listening to the Part 2 Priority one interview with Al Rivera - he seems like the guy calling all the shots and making all the decisions at STO - every thing is I, I, I - my team , my decision, I decide - wow I did not know he was the real man behind the throne.

Hes always been like that. Did the same thing last time he was on STOked as well. Some of the Devs are ok people, but the only one I really had A LOT of respect for was Heretic. He was definitely interactive with the players.
Captain
# 936
02-15-2013, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucebleo View Post
This is nothing in comparison to the player council debacle and erm....generally every 'bombshell' the devs would drop before going home for the weekend during the first 6 months of the game going live.....

Ahhhhhhh you could almost taste the discontent in the air as the devs prepared to patch the game......still at LEAST they give us patch notes and engineer reports now......back then they just dropped it on us all from the top floor of their building
Indeed... Just like SOE just dumped the NGE on the Star Wars Galaxies playerbase. I have HAD it with MMOs and the development teams who are so intent on shoving their vision down their customers' throats that they have totally lost sight of what games are supposed to be about... Providing a fun experience for the players.

There is not a single corporate-developed MMO in production or live at this moment that REALLY has my attention. I have a 3-year-old Alienware i7 machine that still swallows up whatever I want to run and begs for more. And instead of running high-end graphics intensive games, more often than not I find myself playing minecraft with its vanilla graphics. Show me an MMO that grants as much freedom to explore and build as Minecraft offers in single player mode... No story. No questing. Just a vast world and a new experience every time...

If Mojang ever figured a way to make Minecraft into an MMO, I'd pay a subscription to play it. As for Cryptic? there is nothing in any of their games that even tries to inspire me to spend money. Before yesterday's patch, I was considering going gold. Not LTS, but gold as in regular monthly income from me. I was starting to have fun. But after yesterday, I don't even have a desire to log in.

Cryptics internal metrics can tell them almost anything they need to know, except whether or not those playing are actually having fun. To know that they need to actually read and pay attention to what players are saying. I do not feel that they are.

Dammit... I'm getting that acid reflux feeling again...
I'm glad you like this game.

As for me... I like games that I can play, not games that try to play me.

Last edited by sirsitsalot; 02-15-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 937
02-15-2013, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordagamemnonb5 View Post
This is what happens when you have a near 100 page thread of legitimate complaints that goes ignored by the devs. Sad thing I'd dstahl started the thread but can't be bothered to respond to the legitimate arguments. It's like he doesn't care about the players.
I am sure a very matter of fact answer would be he doesn't get paid to care about people. he gets paid to deliver results to corporate. If he doesn't, they'll find someone who will. Still, I would hope that they would at least acknowledge that this was a bad move. If you at least admit that you were wrong about something, I can respect that. They responded by saying that this was always part of the game plan, yet we were completely left in the dark about it. How hard is it to toss out a forum post a few weeks in advance and say this here is what is going to happen. Not very hard at all, yet they refuse to do such things.

I know i keep bringing up Blizzard, but it's very true what I say about them. At least they were honest with us. Heck, the very few times they did screw up we got an apology and even in one instance a few days of free game time. There is too much pride in that office in California. Humility can be a good thing. Not a single time have I heard "Ok, we screwed up. Let's get this fixed. Our bad." The times they do come back and make a change that helps the players they act like they are doing us a favor.
# 938
02-15-2013, 08:43 PM
Thanks for a reply, my 8cents is only this : Season 8 should be all about fixing the many systems not working in game instead of adding new untested content.

Last edited by cptniteuser; 02-15-2013 at 09:01 PM.
Career Officer
# 939 What's wrong ith this...
02-15-2013, 08:56 PM
Here we go,
I'm 30's full time job have kids and limited me time.
I get maybe an hour alone to play on the PC a night.

The FM, dill 30 min mission was great I could and did do a farmer for EC. Then do a SFT, or rom mission for marks then do another foundary mission for fun, not dill not fm but fun.

Why because I felt with the dill and FM from these would help my fleet,

I enjoyed playing as although I was grinding I saw progression in my fleet. Now I've lots of dill that I can't convert but no fleet marks for my fleet.
Yes I can repeat the same fleet missions but I play for fun not to repeat the same task all day that's work!...

Simple fact I believe me and my age groups disposable income will vanish from this game because I, we like the fact that in an hour we could make a difference in the game. So I
I've paying to help that.

Now the grind is back, I don't have 2 or even 3 hours each night to play I live in the real adult world whe this game is an escape from MY daily grind. Please revert your changes and give me back me escape from the daily grind.......deaf ears I know!
Captain
# 940
02-15-2013, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeknow View Post
Anet is pretty dang good with communicating with the player base for sure. They are also pretty delicate in making their changes, rarely pulling knee jerk reactions like Cryptic does oh so too often. PWE/Cryptic is more EA esque...milk the cash cow till it dies. Anet seems to really care a lot about GW2 and its players. May have to fire up GW2 and take a whirl again on my Ele, Warrior or Guardian. Isnt there a big update coming in March?
big update on the 28-29th of this month iirc, they're pretty good with updates every60 to 90 days andstarting a world storyline event soon..probably starting a storyline forJormag to the north.

(sudden closing of CoH aside) it seems that even though NCsoft iskorean, they have a very light touch on their western studios. Stark contrast to PWE and Cryptic, unfortunately. Ireally,really want to like STO, but dang Stahl and the chinese moneymen just make me want to scream.
Leave nerfing to the professionals.
Closed Thread