Survivor of Romulus
# 41
02-15-2013, 05:57 PM
[quote=tsurutafan01;8097471]The sad part is the thing that excited me the most was the suggestion we might actually get a beagle pet. I'm so easy.

[quote]

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post

I don't think I'll ever understand the developer's obsession with expanding the Mirror Universe. I understand it has its fans, but, surely, its the prime universe which should be the content priority. I worry that if a MU centric FE series was ever created it would send the wrong signal to the devs on how many people played it. I feel we'd all play it because we like any content over no content - and not because we prefer the game to delve into the Mirror Universe instead of primary canon meat and potatoes.
I don't either. But to be honest, I think he's just being poilte about the question. Just like he's being polite about mentioning possibilities for a Borg faction (that imo should never happen and never will), but we all know what is the next in line if there ever is a new faction added. So Stahl is being polite about sth. that might happen when we reach the actual 25th century.
I observe MU centric FEs just like that. Him being polite. I believe they have many other pressing and more important stroytelling content scheduled that that mess.
If this ever comes it'll probably come in pair with the Borg faction, in the 25th century

Oh and that might be actually something I won't play in STO. Not for being pig-headed & stubborn, I just don't relate to it. I used to jump those episodes in ST series.
Besides, since when a Universe is not enough?
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!

Last edited by shpoks; 02-15-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Commander
# 42
02-15-2013, 06:01 PM
I suspect the "interest in expanding the mirror universe" can be explained by the ease and low cost of reusing existing assets. Slap a new texture on a ship, maybe tweak the stats and console slots, done.
Captain
# 43
02-15-2013, 07:03 PM
Spending a few missions as my mirror counterpart could be fun. Though I don't really think a full Terran Empire faction would be a good idea. Federation, Klingons, Romulans and maybe Ferengi/neutral. Nothing else.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Rihannsu
# 44
02-15-2013, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Spending a few missions as my mirror counterpart could be fun. Though I don't really think a full Terran Empire faction would be a good idea. Federation, Klingons, Romulans and maybe Ferengi/neutral. Nothing else.
No, it wouldnt ... also you are pretty much talking about duplicating the entire prime universe in mirror form and despite some fans, there inst much about it.

Also sorry but I rather NOT play as a Fascist in space.
Survivor of Romulus
# 45
02-15-2013, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
No, it wouldnt ... also you are pretty much talking about duplicating the entire prime universe in mirror form and despite some fans, there inst much about it.

Yeah, I mean what's the point of it really?
Don't we have enough content resources in one universe, so we need another?
Meh..
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Career Officer
# 46
02-15-2013, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfmudd View Post
I suspect the "interest in expanding the mirror universe" can be explained by the ease and low cost of reusing existing assets. Slap a new texture on a ship, maybe tweak the stats and console slots, done.
True enough I'd say
Ensign
# 47
02-15-2013, 08:53 PM
I wonder if it might be feasible to add Fleet projects where you can change the architecture style, and maybe even the predominance of the crew to match the architecture. For the Feds it would be nice to see Andorian or Vulcan built bases; and, KDF side, a Gorn base with Gorn personnel as the rule or an Orion base with mainly Orions would be pretty cool.
Captain
# 48
02-15-2013, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYE SYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESand a very happy Valentines day to you too!
Reading between the lines...It all but confirms to me that part of Season 8 is a completed KDF.
Captain
# 49
02-15-2013, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Well, who says we have to win at the end of it? Mirror Archer certainly didn't, and neither did mirror Worf or mirror Garak.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Starfleet Veteran
# 50
02-15-2013, 10:30 PM
All sounds very positive except for this part ...

Quote:
Q: (rifter1969) I know there was talk and rumblings a while ago that Betazed is going to be introduced. I'm wondering when that will be. Also more, IMO, when will we see Tellar? Tellarites are founding members of the Federation and their home world isn't at least depicted?

Dstahl: There is a sector to galactic left of Sol where we would like to add an Alpha Quadrant sector devoted to many founding members of the Federation. It also contains interesting species such as the Tzenkethi and we?ve had some ongoing discussions about how other species, like the Ferengi, might be involved in this sector. At this point, it is a ways out on our radar, but we are discussing this sector internally. We have also considered this a possible starting point for a Foundry authored ?sector?, where the majority of the missions are akin to ?Sector Spotlight? missions, all authored by the community ahead of time. So there is a good chance you?ll see us do something with Betazed, Tellar and the other nearby systems in the years to come.
That is just ridiculous .

Talk about having someone else doing your job.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net