Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Captain
Really am puzzled as to why Cryptic decided to put the Temporal Ambassador mission in to be started at Level 25. That's halfway though the point where the Ambassador and Kamarag ship rewards (the tier 3 versions) would be useful?
__________________________________________________ __
For those of you who have complimented me on my Avatar, I'm wondering what you're talking about. I don't have one.

SILENCE WILL FALL....................Why the hell did I just say that
Captain
# 2
02-16-2013, 09:40 AM
I was wondering the same thing. Assuming players won't already be Captain or above by the time they reach it, even at level 25 they'll have gotten used to their "standard" Commander-level ship.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Lieutenant
# 3
02-18-2013, 02:36 AM
What IS the new level requirement? It can't be 25 KDF side, I have a character I want to run it with who's 29 and he can't pick it up.
Captain
# 4
02-18-2013, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crappynamerules View Post
What IS the new level requirement? It can't be 25 KDF side, I have a character I want to run it with who's 29 and he can't pick it up.
KDF is 25, and I think Fed might be as well now, but I think it's over now, or it's close to it, it's not being advertised in the launcher anymore
For those of you who have complimented me on my Avatar, I'm wondering what you're talking about. I don't have one.

Starfleet Veteran
# 5
02-18-2013, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildthyme467989 View Post
KDF is 25, and I think Fed might be as well now, but I think it's over now, or it's close to it, it's not being advertised in the launcher anymore
It's not over.

I have a character on the federation side that has already done the mission that can get it again, no problem.

The character that I am playing that I want to get the mission now, though, can not.

Not at level 25, not at level 26... But otherwise I agree and think that level 19-20 would have made more sense.

It just doesn't matter when you can't get the mission to work, though.
Captain
# 6
02-18-2013, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrosnomore View Post
It's not over.

I have a character on the federation side that has already done the mission that can get it again, no problem.

The character that I am playing that I want to get the mission now, though, can not.

Not at level 25, not at level 26... But otherwise I agree and think that level 19-20 would have made more sense.

It just doesn't matter when you can't get the mission to work, though.
Fed side it falls between the missions Preemptive Strike and Hunting the Hunters.
KDF side it falls between the missions Keep Your Enemies Closer and Skirmish. If it doesn't show in the Missions list try in the hailing contacts list, if that doesn't work I don't know what's up with it, might be worth submitting a bug report if you haven't already

Captain
# 7
02-19-2013, 01:58 AM
The ship reward will be taken out, as I have understand, when the anniversary event is over. And if that is the case, there is no issue to do this mission at level 25.
Captain
# 8
02-19-2013, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fovrel View Post
The ship reward will be taken out, as I have understand, when the anniversary event is over. And if that is the case, there is no issue to do this mission at level 25.
Considering the XP dries up and the leveling slows down and you can't do it on missions alone once you hit the Romulan arc, I'll be happy for something else to be tucked in there.
# 9
02-19-2013, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fovrel View Post
The T5 ships are no longer available, but the mission still rewards the T3 versions.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
02-19-2013, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildthyme467989 View Post
Fed side it falls between the missions Preemptive Strike and Hunting the Hunters.
KDF side it falls between the missions Keep Your Enemies Closer and Skirmish. If it doesn't show in the Missions list try in the hailing contacts list, if that doesn't work I don't know what's up with it, might be worth submitting a bug report if you haven't already
Yeah, it finally clicked with me what they were saying. I have been away for a long time.

I was hoping to push a new character through and to get there for the anniversary, but I was a step behind... I made the character right after they put this mission into a mission chain, and I only just got to the mission today, too late for the anniversary rewards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
The T5 ships are no longer available, but the mission still rewards the T3 versions.
Which makes so little sense to me.

The tier 5 was, to me, the best reward.

They have moved it to level 25, minimum, which means that the tier 3 reward is already of limited value, but in my case, and I doubt that I am alone, I didn't get the mission until I was already level 30, and hit level 31 when I turned it in.

I have already outleveled the reward ship.

I would really like them to either put the tier 5 in as the reward or give the player a choice between the tier 3 and the tier 5.