Ensign
Would we be able to make it so Starbase and Embassy personnel uniforms can be changed, to fleet uniforms so it seems more like a "Fleet Area" instead of another ESD?
Captain
# 2
02-15-2013, 08:07 PM
And on our personal ships?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Commander
# 3
02-15-2013, 10:02 PM
I'm amazed they don't use the "Fleet Uniform" that are provided to all fleet members and something that fleet leaders can change. Never did understood the top dog and alpha cat titles that are given to them though.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2013, 10:24 PM
This can even already be done with unofficial mods... this has been requested many times and I can't ever recall it being answered.
Captain
# 5
02-16-2013, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprcheese View Post
This can even already be done with unofficial mods... this has been requested many times and I can't ever recall it being answered.
Firstly, is that sort of thing even allowed in this game? And secondly, if it is, how? I would love to have the random NPCs wearing the uniform I chose as standard for all my characters.

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-17-2013, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diotw View Post
Firstly, is that sort of thing even allowed in this game? And secondly, if it is, how? I would love to have the random NPCs wearing the uniform I chose as standard for all my characters.
I don't know whether it's officially allowed, as they're unofficial and nobody's asked of yet.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
02-17-2013, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprcheese View Post
I don't know whether it's officially allowed, as they're unofficial and nobody's asked of yet.
Plus, if it were possible, it's against the TOS to even discuss it here on these forums.
Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
The Armada
www.thebikinibottomarmada.com
Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
Captain
# 8
02-17-2013, 08:01 PM
It's against the TOS to use mods to try and improve the game?

(I am in no way saying I endorse it or use it, on the contrary. I am just offering another perspective.)

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-18-2013, 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
It's against the TOS to use mods to try and improve the game?
Wouldn't surprise me. Anyway, simple Google searches should be used to find out more information.
Career Officer
# 10
02-18-2013, 12:23 AM
Cryptic should have learned from past mistakes when designing the fleet system (in multiple ways).

Certainly, tweaking the NPCs in all the old interior ship maps is a job best kept for a time when a complete interior ship revamp can be put onto the table.

However, their lapse in exercising good foresight when not providing an NPC uniform toggle on these new maps speaks to their continued demeanor of undervaluing legitimate community requests for what should be obvious inclusions in a Star Trek game. Uniforms are important. Not as important as fixing ship bugs or mechanics, but surely they deserve consideration, inclusion, when designing new features and new maps.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*

Last edited by nynik; 02-18-2013 at 12:25 AM.