Ensign
if you wanted poeple to stop play the game, you could of just turned the servers off it would of been easier! .................................................. ...........................
Lieutenant
# 982
02-16-2013, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
Give 'em time !
Right now they are scrambling to figure out how to give us back our FM in a way that it will appear that they are giving us more but in reality we will get less .

Hmmm ... , last time in the STF gate they gave us back more Dil , but it came with a Rep system that sucked out the Borg Neural Things from that equation .

Let's see if we get some super new "option" that sucks out a ton of FM along with a "we're giving you back more FM's ... -- aren't we just awsome for "listening" " line ?
Anyone who says "yes , but ..." to that "deal" will prolly get a free starship to light his way back to the Dilithium pits of Reemus ... .

"Work slaves ... the greater glory of the Decepticon Empire !!!"
Right now most of Cryptic team is on week-end miles away from something they are not seeing as a major issue with playerbase
Oh and a simple solution would be to simply set it back to foundry...

Even if they raise the marks rewarded on standard events, I here have been bored , tired and disgusted from playing them over and over .

I'm done with that.

Last edited by hussere; 02-16-2013 at 02:08 AM.
Career Officer
# 983
02-16-2013, 02:11 AM
I am a "Small" Fleet leader, we have less than 20 members and I am proud to be in it!

It was not created to do "farming" (aka grinding) at a Starbase and it was not created to do "farming" (aka grinding) at an Embassy. It was created long before you even thought of turning STO into the grinding mess it is today. My Fleet and most others were created back when a group of friends wanted to do things together and have fun!

Does anyone at Cryptic remember when that was?

Well it was back in a time when STO meant playing an online game with people that enjoyed doing missions and events for the content they were playing and the rewards provided by that content.

Does anyone from Cryptic remember what that was like?

It was a time of looking forward to a new season and playing the new missions to see what new ships, weapons, consoles, outfits, etc. The devs had dreamed up for us. A time when we could not wait to play these and have fun!

Does anyone from Cryptic remember what this feeling was like?

Fleets were formed, back in the time of fun, for one reason and one reason only....

So we could enjoy the fun in STO with our friends and feel like we were part of something fun...

Does anyone from Cryptic remember what this feeling was like?

You see the message is very simple. If you use your talents to develop fun and enjoyable content, more people want to play it and enjoy it. That means they spend more of their time and money doing it. And they get more of their friends to do the same.

Does anyone from Cryptic remember what that was like?

Now jump to the present Cryptic and ask yourself if grinding in your "farming" game the entire time you have each day to play reminds you of any of the above feelings!

If you answer that question with yes, then we are all seeing the end of a really good idea in online gaming.

On the other hand, if you answered no, then there is still hope!

PWE/Cryptic Stop the grind, bring back the fun!

Zeus

P.S. We too have our own Teamspeak server (I actually own and run it) and we have our own Fleet chat channel like so many other Fleets do in STO. You don't have to be in a Mega-Pyramid Fleet to get those!
Creator of Olympus - Home of the Gods
"I don't test my code often, but when I do I test it in Production"The most interesting dev in the world

I rather be a fence post in Texas than the King of PWE

Last edited by zeus16nbs; 02-16-2013 at 02:48 AM.
Captain
# 984
02-16-2013, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
A genius wouldn't need so many words, it's simple.

Find out what people find fun, create something that is fun, make money.
Except we are at the : "find a way to keep ppl playing for as long as possible so in that time we can tempt them with shiny's " stage .
Was one lump of Starbase , one lump of Embassy and several lumps of Reputation enough for ya ?
Apparently not , since you keep asking for more Reputation's .

If this were the movies , I'd take a quote from "Meet the Spartans" :

Leonidas / Cryptic : "Let us walk over to that giant pit of death. "

Persian Ambassador / The Players : "Ummm ... ok !"

STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .
Captain
# 985
02-16-2013, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Just listening to the Part 2 Priority one interview with Al Rivera - he seems like the guy calling all the shots and making all the decisions at STO - every thing is I, I, I - my team , my decision, I decide - wow I did not know he was the real man behind the throne.
Wait till you get to the part where he teasingly guesstimates S.8 to be 3-4 times the size of a normal Season .

If you also think about the possibility of 3-4 times the bugs being introduced , you may think that S.8 has the power to destroy STO as we know it (taking into account their current QA quality/capability) .
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .
Career Officer
# 986
02-16-2013, 03:01 AM
I've voted where it hurts with the latest changes, gold canceled.
Ensign
I've read about half of the posts in the 99 page monstrosity...I imagine the other half are about the same. Something confusing me though is this: If it takes 5 people to form a fleet but a fleet can be 1 to 500 members... then what's the issue with 1 player fleet missions? I mean I get a fleet is supposed to be a "fleet" not a fleet of 1, but if by definition a fleet can contain 1 member, then why are there no 1 person fleet missions? Seems to me that the only way a 1 person fleet could earn fleet marks ( if they didn't want to team up with others in a PUG) was to do the Foundry missions, since there are no actual "game" missions for 1 person fleets. I know it may sound silly that someone would have a 1 person fleet, but if it's allowed, then why not make it fair for all size fleets? While I'm on my soapbox, seems to me while I've been reading these posts, there's a lot of people with their noses turned up against smaller fleets. I've been in this game over two years now. I've been in big fleets, medium fleets and small fleets. Big and Medium fleets (100 to 500) seem to have alot of personal issues going on. Small fleets seem to me that they know it's them against the Universe and seem to keep their eye on the prize. Still, I'd like to see a way for the little guy to earn a decent amount of fleet marks on their own. I've seen some really great ideas here...too bad they probably won't be initiated. Eh, if it was me, I'd just allow the 1 person to get say 200 marks a day max, from any source, even if it was a clicker. Clickers, for the little guy, serve a purpose. It allows the little guy to get his marks, and then spend his (or her) time running the missions they want to do, instead the ones they have to. Eh, whatever..not like anyone is gonna listen anyway...Peace...

Last edited by johnsteele1; 02-16-2013 at 03:16 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 988
02-16-2013, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus16nbs View Post
I am a "Small" Fleet leader, we have less than 20 members and I am proud to be in it!

*snip*

PWE/Cryptic Stop the grind, bring back the fun!

Zeus

P.S. We too have our own Teamspeak server (I actually own and run it) and we have our own Fleet chat channel like so many other Fleets do in STO. You don't have to be in a Mega-Pyramid Fleet to get those!
Seems to me that your problem is that you and your fleet simply lost it's focus. That is the same way my fleet was created and the same way my fleet continues to operate. We play to enjoy the game and socialize. The Starbase and Embassy is merely a bonus to work on. Yes progress is slow but, we are not burning ourselves out by mindless daily grind to reach an unrealistic goal.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Captain
# 989
02-16-2013, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
Option C: Scale fleet project costs with fleet sizes. Large fleets have proportionally large requirements, small fleets have proportionally small requirements. Do not touch project rewards... so projects will still reward the same XP no matter what fleet sieze fleet you are in. Do not mess with project time limits. Projects will still take 20 hours-7 days to complete. Minimum fleet size set at 5 accounts. Can not scale below that. Based on accounts within the fleet, not characters.

I came up with that in 2 minutes... so you guys didnt think that hard now did you?
They have thought of this. Others have also presented this. This is exploitable.

Large fleet kicks everyone but the bare minimum needed until the Starbase is fully built and equipped with the desired elements, then they invite everyone back. Maximum results for minimum cost. The only way to make this fair is if the game tracks how large a fleet has ever been and uses this as the cost. This way, even if a fleet of 500 kicks everyone but five, the cost in both Dilithium AND fleet marks would reflect 500 players.

This way, the scaling costs benefit small fleets who start small and intend to stay small.

Granted a fleet of five could form, build the starbase at minimum cost in FM and RD, then recruit up to massive numbers. A way to make it where a fleet may only grow by 5 new characters per day from its current roster size. That means it would take 100 days to grow to 500 characters.

And yes. it should be characters that count towards fleet membership, not accounts. If it was accounts, then five accounts each with five alts can all generate the Dilithium and Fleet marks of 25 people towards a cost based on five people. No EASY BUTTONS! You wnt to factor your alts into FM and RD production for your fleet, then they must be part of the fleet, thus increasing the fleet size and therefore, the cost of advancing fleet holdings. UNLESS the system were to look at how many characters of the faction the fleet belomgs to each account has on it and increasing the impact to cost of projects whenever more alts are added. This way, characters or accounts, the result will be the same.

And remember. The fleet population footprint will only increase. NEVER decrease. So like I said, even if a fleet of 500 drops down to 5 when a new holding gets released, it would still require RD and FM costs reflecting 500 members.

A non-decreasing population footprint is the only way to make it fair for small fleets in a way that large fleets cannot cheat the system by droping members to cut costs. A limited increase to fleet population is the only way to prevent pre-meditative cheating, as in, we'll start with five, build it and then jump right up to 500.

If you can live with restrictions like that, then you really care about small fleets. If you cannot live with restrictions like that, then you are only pretending to bemoan the victimization of small fleets and are really a large fleetist looking for a way to play the system to your favor.
I personally want a Star Trek game that is actually Star Trek. On a qualitative level that could be a lot of different things for a lot of different people. But on a quantitative level, if the developers were to watch star trek and make the game like what they see, then at least it will be a shot in the right direction, as far as I am concerned.
Career Officer
# 990
02-16-2013, 04:17 AM
I did not read the last 99 pages so its most likely been suggested, Add fleet marks to fleet actions, not just the daily....... ALL fleet actions.. Or add a daily for every fleet action so we can do them each day, that's 250 marks a day ad 50 marks per fleet action.
Closed Thread