Captain
# 1911
02-14-2013, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
If it were BioWare re-writing Kotor 2? Probably.

Obsidian? I'm running the hell away.

Arguments about the F2P setup aside, the stories in TOR are very well done. IA, Warrior, Trooper and Knight would be, individually, worth the price of admission for most games. Bundled together, especially tacking on the class stories of the other four classes, make it a very worthwhile investment for folks who actually want some story in their MMO.
A true remake of KoTOR 2? Puh-lease, the gaming gods aren't that kind.

As for TOR, I can't imagine having anything to do with it any time soon. The F2P set up is crap, and the art style makes my eyes bleed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
Lol, there was a funny thread on the forums started today, where a former subscriber tested if he could access the forums, saying "sdafsdf", and one of their community managers said

Imagine what'd happen if it happened HERE. There was a ton of funny posts there.
That depends on who get's to the thread first. A lot of mods are no fun here, but some Devs have senses of humor.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Survivor of Romulus
# 1912
02-14-2013, 02:24 PM
*Awaits Mod Zombie Hunter intervention.*
Starfleet Veteran
# 1913
02-14-2013, 03:16 PM
STO is much better

and will be

and it is doing great. Nuff said
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Lt. Commander
# 1914
02-14-2013, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjs View Post
STO is much better

and will be

and it is doing great. Nuff said
Actually, its not. STO is a fun game, but its not as well made as SWTOR. It doesn't have as much content as SWTOR, discounting user made content.

I know die hard trekkies won't like to hear that (at least the ones that feel some sort of rivalry with Star Wars) and its at its heart, a matter of opinion.
Captain
# 1915
02-15-2013, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post

As for TOR, I can't imagine having anything to do with it any time soon. The F2P set up is crap, and the art style makes my eyes bleed.

That depends on who get's to the thread first. A lot of mods are no fun here, but some Devs have senses of humor.
Yeah, Tumerboy (now known as tacofangs) and Brandon are pretty good at it.

I'm still trying to figure out that thing where 4 devs said the same thing with no intervening posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnurntumber View Post
Actually, its not. STO is a fun game, but its not as well made as SWTOR. It doesn't have as much content as SWTOR, discounting user made content.

I know die hard trekkies won't like to hear that (at least the ones that feel some sort of rivalry with Star Wars) and its at its heart, a matter of opinion.
TOR's art feels a bit wrong at times - there's not a lot of stuff that I feel comfortable wearing in any specific class (Drelliad Jacket and Classic Conservator's Robe are good for smuggler and the Jedi classes respectively, but...), and I don't like ANY of their weapons.

But yeah, the F2P models aside, TOR is much better than STO in almost every respect. Now if only you could choose your flight path in space combat... or, you know, have access to something vaguely resembling the tailor... (or even the Foundry! )

Edit: There's just ONE thing I can think of that I like about TOR's F2P model: you can buy almost EVERY subscription perk with credits. Emphasis on "almost", as a credit cap isn't among those things.

Re-edit: Well, okay, and the fact that you're not spammed with lockboxes everywhere. Then again, the problem is probably in the fact that TOR is far more subtle - it's just as bad in its own way. <.<
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.

Last edited by dalolorn; 02-15-2013 at 07:19 AM.
Captain
# 1916
02-15-2013, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Obsidian's honcho just pitched a new Star Wars RPG to Lucas/Disney if I'm not mistaken...

I'm cringing already.
Career Officer
# 1917
02-15-2013, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnurntumber View Post

I left TOR for this game simply due to the massive lack of end game content in it, STO has way more stuff to do at end lvl.
Empire Veteran
# 1918
02-15-2013, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcastleton View Post
I left TOR for this game simply due to the massive lack of end game content in it, STO has way more stuff to do at end lvl.
Yeah SWTOR gets repetitive a little quicker then STO. Oh lets not forget that space combat in SWTOR is nothing more then a poorly implemented mini-game. Still play though
Republic Veteran
# 1919
02-16-2013, 02:27 AM
I joined TOR when the released their Trial Account program. I was thoroughly enjoying the game. In fact, I was spending more time over there then here. It was more out of TOR being new then anything with STO....a change of pace if you will. I came back to STO with S6 to check out the new stuff. I liked Nukara. I went back to TOR after their F2P model went live once and have not been back since. Why? As a free player, I lost 2/3 of my crafting skills, most of my inventory space, and the titles I earned in game. It was bad enough that I did not have access to mail or a bank before hand. I may go back to dabble a little more but, their F2P model is too restrictive......and people are complaining about STO monetizing things.

So from what I have experienced

F2P: STO > TOR
Customization: STO > TOR
Space Combat: STO > TOR
Ground Combat: TOR > STO
Story Content: TOR > STO
End Game: ? (Did not get any where near there)
Microtransactions: STO > TOR (You can get anything from the C-Store through in game means. Cartel Market is real life money only)

In the end, I will definitely be sticking to STO for the foreseeable future and beyond.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Survivor of Romulus
# 1920
02-16-2013, 02:51 AM
I just wonder why this thread seems to be immune to the forum rules and policies, what is the secret and how do we apply this immunity to our more important threads please?