Captain
# 1011
02-16-2013, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crownvic2door View Post
You keep botching the system, changing things, creating "bugs" then ignoring them to go on to botching some other part of the game, this game is NOT fun anymore, ever since the 3 yr event has been over you guys really screwed it up for us...great way to start out your new year...
This has been Cryptics "politics" since STO went F2P and even before, if i remember correctly.

What bothers me most is how inconsequent they do things, starting with STOs ship mechanics where ships only look like Star Trek ships but work completely different, going to constant Fleet Mark changes at the Foundry daily and other dailys not even working. I don't want to start thinking about pressing Star Trek ships into a Stone/paper/scissor mechanic....
Abilities getting constantly changed which can suddenly make your ship build completely useless from one day to another, in the worst case.

Apparently they want to give us more opportunities to get Dilithium, fine. But don't they remember they installed a 8000 Dilithium cap per day a long time ago?
I wouldn't care for it if they wouldn't decrease the amount of Fleet Marks per mission at the same time. Everyone i know (including myself) constantly needs more Fleet marks, not Dilithium, at least not that much.
Sometimes i think they don't even care to play the game by themselves from time to time, i know if it where a Star Wars of BSG game they would be much more enthusiastic and careful about it...

I too have the impression everytime they release a new patch, the game fails to work on some other area, if it's some technical thing or game mechanics.

Things like that don't raise confidence about their competence when it comes to making games in general. I wonder why companies keep giving them their IPs to make games, don't they even bother to look what they do with their product?

Really, i just don't get it...

Honestly my confidence in them is at a new low point.

Sorry if this has gotten off topic a bit.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-
T6 Guardian Class design / A 25th century Ambassador refit
Career Officer
# 1012
02-16-2013, 07:42 AM
My sentiment is one of no compromise on this one. Undo this patch.

Restore FM to the foundry missions.
At least 960 Dilithium for 15 min missions.

This "patch" which is meant to improve the game has decreased the dilithium/minute (not that dilithium is a big deal); and removed an enjoyable means to earn fleet marks without doing the same missions over and over and over again - or for those who may have preferred the Battleship Rumble - so what if they did that mission over and over and over again - maybe they were doing something like....having fun?

STO has become decidedly less fun for my small fleet since S7. One person in my fleet simply responded with: "So... They don't want us doing Officer Reports anymore? Okie Doke. "

As a well-paying customer here I will not spend one more dime on STO until the FM is restored and 960 dilithium is received for 15 minutes of Foundry missions.

No compromise is acceptable; I don't care if they add FM somewhere else; I don't care about some shriveled-dried carrot they'll hang in front of us.

You want me to spend money here again; then ADD content instead of taking it away.
There are Four Lights... say no to ARC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fleet: 1st Order of Role-Players' Guild - gaming together since 2004
Lieutenant
# 1013
02-16-2013, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Reality is they have a monoploy - there is nowhere else to get your Star Trek fix at present.
Indeed!! I'm geting my fix right after i post ths

About Foundry FM problem: I get my FM from doffs, (pls dont take that away or nerf it), so i realy dont care about taking FM from foundry.
But i do agree incresing FM for fleet events and actions!! 17FM for 20min in Fleet Alert!?

Last edited by kriss257; 02-16-2013 at 07:46 AM.
Ensign
# 1014
02-16-2013, 07:45 AM
Quote:
They should just add FM packs to the C-store.

Ranting will stop and everyone will be lining up to give them their money!
Well not everyone is a 12 year old child that wait for mom and dad to give them money so everyone dont have alot of money to give PWE. That is part of the problem of this game you have to work your butt of to get anything in this game and you have to hard work on a job too. Then they want to only give you a small amount of reward (fleet marks) for your time like in starbase fleet alert most you can get is 22 FM with rep bonus, also you have to have 4 more peole that dont suck to get that. If you dont take a stand you will never be worth anything.
Republic Veteran
# 1015
02-16-2013, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Reality is they have a monoploy - there is nowhere else to get your Star Trek fix at present.
Dad: Son you have a problem you're addicted to Star Trek.

Me: What about you DAD!!! I found those tribbles under your bed...and I saw the pictures with the ears, That's why MOM left you for that guy dressed as a Wookiee. I got it From YOU!!!

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Starfleet Veteran
# 1016
02-16-2013, 07:53 AM
David Gerrold, author of, "The Trouble With Tribbles" - "Star Trek fans are not a sleeping dragon that you want to poke"
Career Officer
# 1017
02-16-2013, 07:54 AM
Personally, I think Fleet Marks should apply as a reward for any event that requres five players or more. To encourage teaming, I would like to see bonus Fleet Marks as rewards to any 5 person team that complets any mission in the game with. Have it work with the following formula or something similar.

1 FM for every solo mission done.
2 FM's for every 2 person run of any mission.

5 FM's for every 5 person run of any mission.

It's easy to fill in the blank there between 2 and 5. The only requirement for these bonuses would be is your toon would have to be in a fleet.
Captain
# 1018
02-16-2013, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordagamemnonb5 View Post
I'm surprised they haven't tried to smooth this over with a President's Day Weekend sale.

Not even an attempt at appeasement, just a flat out burrying of heads in the sand.
One could argue the Kumari reveal and Ask Cryptic were attempts at diverting attention.
Starfleet Veteran
# 1019
02-16-2013, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cratchmaster View Post
David Gerrold, author of, "The Trouble With Tribbles" - "Star Trek fans are not a sleeping dragon that you want to poke"
I actualy enjoy poking dragons, never tried to poke a sleeping dragon though.....probably easier......
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Starfleet Veteran
# 1020
02-16-2013, 08:23 AM
You can rest assured that Cryptic will not make any comment on this issue in the immediate future. First off, long weekend. But secondly and perhaps most importantly, this isn't the first time they've upset the player base. Generally, their damage control strategy seems to be to go silent, knowing that eventually the unwashed masses will turn on each other, blaming player sub-groups for causing this. That's already happening so their strategy is working. In a few days Cryptic will offer their assistance with a half-hearted solution and players will accept it because, well Cryptic didn't cause this! By then, in our minds, it was the fault of PvPers, RPers, Foundry creators, Klingon players, basically ANYONE besides Cryptic. It's basic Business Ethics without morals, yet we blindly still support them.
Closed Thread