Rihannsu
# 41
02-16-2013, 10:51 AM
Lol another nerf klingon thread. I'm not surprised.
Captain
# 42
02-16-2013, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Sometimes you have to give them more help than that - take off any armor consoles, any gear that might passively help your hull regen, etc, etc, etc.

Though, it can be funny - I can get deaths faster by slapping the Reman shields on a Vo'Quv than by running no shields on the T3 Norgh. That big shiny target - they focus fire.
This has given me the best idea, flying a shuttle in Ker'rat. It shall be called... I.K.S Kamikaze.
Ruzhe - KDF Engineer - 12th Honour Guard
Captain
# 43
02-16-2013, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbmoney View Post
Lol another nerf klingon thread. I'm not surprised.
With the cloak bug in effect for years, the nerf klingon threads just don't have any teeth. Not like that first couple of months post-launch. Man those were some serous nerf klingon threads.

This? This is just a thread that assists people new to PVP.

Of course the color coding of equipment blinds too many new and veteran players to equipment scaling in this game. The difference in DPS between a common MK XII tetryon beam array and a very rare Mk XII tetryon beam array comes only in the percent chance affected by the modifiers. It's minimal when compared to a common max level weapon and a raid drop max level weapon in one of those fantasy based MMOs.

Heck, when this game launched, Mk X was the top tier of gear. Get this, the damage of the common beam array your starter ship comes equipped with and the top tier Mk X beam array you got at the then end-game was simply double the damage. That's it. The dichotomy from fresh out of the tutorial starter item and the end-game item ... double. That's it.

Gear progression in this game is slow. And was designed to be tiny increments.

Sure, keep upgrading. Make your gear every little bit better that you can. But realize that if you're getting popped fast in PvP, it's NOT because you have a blue covariant shield array and a green Mk 8 positron deflector.
Empire Veteran
# 44
02-16-2013, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krypter3 View Post
it seems to work very well in PVE
First mistake.

Quote:
along with my heavy Antiproton turret
Second mistake. It sucks in pve and pvp.

Quote:
and scorpion fighters
Third mistake, what a waste of a device slot.

Quote:
So I diverted my power to shields
Fourth mistake. A cruiser in tanking mode will divert power to aux to max out the effectiveness of sci heals (you have a Hazard Emitter and a Ttransfer Shield strengh right?). Two emergency power to shields will do the rest.

Quote:
I have my shield buffs.
And what about a pair of tactical teams?

Quote:
Is it just that I'm a terrible player or what because I just felt like a pinata to this little ship that in canon star trek, would not even put a dent on a Sovereign class starship.
You're not not ready for pvp yet. Fed ships are actually superior to KDF ones in most cases.
Starfleet Veteran
# 45
02-16-2013, 12:37 PM
If Fed ships are better why can't we Feds get a non faction BoP with the "broken" Battle Cloak.

Bet a lot of Feds would buy that!

I'd still have to use a Science captain thou.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Career Officer
# 46
02-16-2013, 12:42 PM
Hey,

Have a read over the Hilbert Guide. Its specifically for PVP. The same for the STO planner, and have a read over some of the basic boot camp threads. Overall PVP is just developed differently to PVE and unfortunately ship builds purely for PVE wont last a second in PVP. This may be annoying and non canon, etc, etc but this is a game, and that is just the way the cookie crumbles.

Sorry if this has already been suggested. Don't despair though, I was in the same situation as yourself in the past. Inevitably, it isn't hard nor would it take much effort to get you to PVP level. As for the Klingon, despite playing mainly Fed, I LOVE the Klingon players for their EXCELLENT team work and ingenuity. We could learn a lot from them and after having my a$$ handed to me by them in PVP (which is Freaken always!) I try and ask them questions. They are very helpful and kind. Its as much about team work as it is about build and if I didnt have so much time and money invested on my Fed character I would be a full time Klink player simply because of the comradeship that I find often lacks on the Fed side (ironic, isn't it, given that this is Star Trek).

Best of Luck
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
Empire Veteran
# 47
02-16-2013, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
If Fed ships are better why can't we Feds get a non faction BoP with the "broken" Battle Cloak.

Bet a lot of Feds would buy that!
Because the kdf will never get:
- the Vesta
- the Armittage
- interesting fed consoles in lockboxes

What the KDF still needs:
- a raptor version of the defiant with 5 tac consoles; we've been asking for this for MONTHS. There's new fleet ships, but still NO 5 tac console one.
- ~20 different ships to make the balance, including science ones.
Starfleet Veteran
# 48
02-16-2013, 12:52 PM
If it were up to me I'd trade ALL the Fed ships for a non faction BoP with Battle Cloak and I would still come out way ahead.

The only thing bad about the BoP is I can't use it with all the Fed content.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.