Republic Veteran
# 1191
02-16-2013, 12:29 PM
What is the Matrix? Control.

As long as we are a part of that system (or they are), things like this will always happen. They will always use our love of Star Trek in this game to force things like this on us.

Often it feels like the game is directed by a former football player or former coach and not someone who loves the Star Trek for what it is. It feels like we are at the whim of someone who cares more about numbers and not about enjoyment and fun. I've been to the mountain top and yes, it can be very exhilarating. I am sure that is the ultimate goal financially for Cryptic. They may even get there. But when you look back and see all the bridges you had to burn to accomplish that goal, was it really worth it? Was it worth bastardizing a franchise loved the world over?
# 1192
02-16-2013, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulberat View Post
Let your DOFFs do the work for you. If you get your CXP maxed, all you have to do is go to your fleet starbase every time a category hits 110,000 and turn in a commendation report. That will net you a minimum of 75 FM per report and if you get a critical success, 150 on a report. (You cannot fail a Commendation Report assignment, so you won't lose anything.)

An investment in your DOFFs will relieve you, for the most part, of FM-related time sinks. And your DOFFs can be working on it for you, while you do more interesting stuff. Personally, I always found--even before the changes--that I did much better on fleet marks through Commendation Reports, when you consider the yield gained versus the amount of time and effort put in.
Because you get oh so many marks daily for this. Please... when you have something that's equally viable I will be open to listening. It's perk if you've gotten there but it is certainly not a replacement.
Career Officer
# 1193
02-16-2013, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
*snip* one that understands and respects that different people want different things out of STO.
That's the problem, they don't. It has nothing to do with them being foundry authors, but it does have something to do with riding in here on a high horse saying "YEAH, told ya so!!! Foundry is only for stories you nubcakes!!!!"

Of course thats a paraphrase and not a quote, but it clearly demonstrates the vibe they give to me and apparantely a lot of other people.
Career Officer
# 1194
Quote:
This post has been edited to remove any content central to the premise of the post. ~BranFlakes
Yes, respond to a full scale uprising by editing it out.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 02-16-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Lieutenant
# 1195
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebumble View Post
In defense of Bran, he has very little control over what gets put into the game, and whats taken out.

He can make suggestions and provide input, but ultimately he works for PWE and not Cryptic. Cryptic makes the call on content.

Although I wonder if he got warned about the s**tstorm that was approaching...
Quote:
Originally Posted by horgahn View Post
I love how Brandon hid this Tweet from our fleet's Twitter account. So classy.
While I feel sorry that BranFlakes catches a lot of crap being the community rep (and I've certainly given him enough too), he eggs it on by sticking his head in the sand and pretending a problem doesn't exist. Heck, I've been Twitter blocked by him because I had the gall to call him out on promoting the Armatage when it was bugged and couldn't enter an STF, a fact he omitted from every promotional post and tweet he made about it. A class act through and through.

Anyway Brandon, I fail to see how coming in and saying "yes, I'm reading this, I hear your complaints, and I'm taking your concerns Dan next week." could make things worse. That is unless all you're going to say is "added to my list of feedback." Because this is more than general feedback. This is a clusterfrak of epic proportions.

The playerbase is already hauling out the pitchforks for next week. Short of coming in here and saying "stfu, we don't care" there's precious little you could do that would actually make things worse. At the very least you could prevent things from getting worse than they already are.

But go ahead and ignore the fact that there's a raging problem...seems to be the norm when there's a significant problem that demands a response.
Career Officer
# 1196
02-16-2013, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chyexrsa View Post
Brandon has said on twitter to someone that they will not reply to this unless something changes. But won't say it on the forums cause it will enrage the players

https://twitter.com/PWE_BranFlakes/s...61806165180418
Well, honestly unless something does change, he doesn't really have anything to say officially. His opinion in the matter may or may not be different from the official position, but you can't expect him to risk his job and the well being of his family by expressing it.
Career Officer
# 1197
02-16-2013, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclark09 View Post
While I feel sorry that BranFlakes catches a lot of crap being the community rep (and I've certainly given him enough too), he eggs it on by sticking his head in the sand and pretending a problem doesn't exist. Heck, I've been Twitter blocked by him because I had the gall to call him out on promoting the Armatage when it was bugged and couldn't enter an STF, a fact he omitted from every promotional post and tweet he made about it. A class act through and through.

Anyway Brandon, I fail to see how coming in and saying "yes, I'm reading this, I hear your complaints, and I'm taking your concerns Dan next week." could make things worse. That is unless all you're going to say is "added to my list of feedback." Because this is more than general feedback. This is a clusterfrak of epic proportions.

The playerbase is already hauling out the pitchforks for next week. Short of coming in here and saying "stfu, we don't care" there's precious little you could do that would actually make things worse. At the very least you could prevent things from getting worse than they already are.

But go ahead and ignore the fact that there's a raging problem...seems to be the norm when there's a significant problem that demands a response.
You know what the truth is this isn't even really about Fleetmarks this is something that has been brewing for a very long time and comes down to two different visions for what people want this game to be, the Developers turning it into a horrid grindfest and the players wanting a game they can actually have fun playing.

This has a long standing undercurrent to it that has boiled over at the first opportunity it's actually a lot more serious than people being upset about this change alone.

Indeed since Season 7 my apathy for the game and it's developers has only increased, whilst my playing time has decreased. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone there.
Career Officer
# 1198
02-16-2013, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr4v1t4r View Post
That's the problem, they don't. It has nothing to do with them being foundry authors, but it does have something to do with riding in here on a high horse saying "YEAH, told ya so!!! Foundry is only for stories you nubcakes!!!!"

Of course thats a paraphrase and not a quote, but it clearly demonstrates the vibe they give to me and apparantely a lot of other people.
Hey you

They can argue that until they're blue in the face but as of right now, a two-hour pewpew grindfest rewards the same Dilithium as a two-hour Wuthering Heights-in-Space.

Cryptic's made its position clear - "it's not what you do we care about, it's how long you do it for."
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Republic Veteran
# 1199
02-16-2013, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horgahn View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
When I post, I use the snipping tool and use that to capture what I posted. If any of my posts ever get edited, I would capture that as well and tweet them and save them for another video.

If your emotions boil over here and you slip and break the forum rules, just SS it and tweet about it or use another medium to get it out there. They can edit stuff here, but they can't edit your facebook, twitter feed, youtube, etc.

The youtube video I did got a bunch of hits pretty quickly and I do not intend to ever bring it down. You all can do the same.

Last edited by syberghost; 02-17-2013 at 08:01 AM.
Career Officer
# 1200
02-16-2013, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
You know what the truth is this isn't even really about Fleetmarks this is something that has been brewing for a very long time and comes down to two different visions for what people want this game to be, the Developers turning it into a horrid grindfest and the players wanting a game they can actually have fun playing.

This has a long standing undercurrent to it that has boiled over at the first opportunity it's actually a lot more serious than people being upset about this change alone.

Indeed since Season 7 my apathy for the game and it's developers has only increased, whilst my playing time has decreased. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone there.

This is actually a very accurate post. There's always been something wrong since they made the big changes to the rep system. I guess a sort of undercurrent of frustration. Then the dilithium debacle inflamed that to a smoldering anger that really never went away.

And in all honesty, how many can say they've had as much fun as they did BEFORE the changes were made? The new contents decent, but they could have used the old model and still gotten the same effect. I miss the old Omega store. I don't think I've been to DS9 since they did change to the rep system...
Click here to see the true story of the KDF and Cryptic!

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
Closed Thread