Career Officer
# 1241
02-16-2013, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous View Post
Bah, I'm off to play Skyrim. A game that can actually be *fun* from time to time as well as being free after the initial payment.

I shall not line the pockets of our Chinese overlords if I can help it.

*waits for censorship*
at least you know what to expect from a bethsoft game. I still play fallout 3 and New Vegas.

STO Open Beta member since 2010.
Career Officer
# 1242
Quote:
Originally Posted by captw View Post
we hear that excuse a lot these days. that horse has been bludgeoned to death. You have to say he still making the same mistakes he did the first go around.
All I'm saying is that calling for Dan's head might get you a new figurehead EP but the same old Cryptic/PWE.

Telling them why the game's not fun any more and why you're not spending money any more might actually get you a better game (and who knows - possibly a new EP as well).
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Commander
# 1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by captw View Post
I was glad when he left the first time.
At least people knew where they stood with D'Angelo.

I'm still surprised that no one pushed more on DStahl saying before he left, that he's playing the new FE and it's great, yet D'Angelo wanted to know what people were talking about and where had we heard about "this" new FE...

*cough* almost as good as "nope, we aint' going free to play" or "were doing well" ( no cups in the kitchen).

Teflon should be renamed methinks...
From the man himself - "And as far as Season 7 being "grindy" - welcome to the MMORPG genre"

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under..."Grind is good".
Career Officer
# 1244
02-16-2013, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomictiki View Post
his "take" is flashy and visually overwhelming, but ultimatelyhollow
I feel the complete opposite of this actually, but might be best to discuss that in another thread.
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS
Career Officer
# 1245
02-16-2013, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordagamemnonb5 View Post
I get the feeling I'm the only one that likes the new take on Star Trek from JJ.
Seriously, I think it was the nuking of Vulcan that did it.

The ship wasn't bad, its the original, if he does a few more, maybe we'll see a good refit. If you put your sunglasses on you could get through the lensflares. Even the characters were decently portrayed.

But...

They...nuked...Vulcan. How many Vulcans are stationed on bases and ships in normal Star Trek vs JJ version? Yep. Exactly. Now their an endangered species. How many vulcan characters won't make it to the future in JJ's version? Like Tuvok. Will Voyager make it back because he might be dead? Which means he's never on the Excelsior with Sulu. What about Savek? Without her involvement in the attempted assassination, maybe this time they succeed...

Bleh..JJ, you made my brain hurt...
We are now in a gaming paradox created by Cryptic/PWE...

"You cannot win because you cannot get the rewards and

you cannot get the rewards because you cannot win."
Commander
# 1246
02-16-2013, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordagamemnonb5 View Post
I feel the complete opposite of this actually, but might be best to discuss that in another thread.
Tinfoil hat time (not that I need it to be honest) but I would take JJs over films 3,4,5,7,9 and 10 anytime...

Did I just admit that. Well my 0.2 forum credabilty went down to 0.1...

Well to some it was always a minus figure but hey...
From the man himself - "And as far as Season 7 being "grindy" - welcome to the MMORPG genre"

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under..."Grind is good".
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1247
02-16-2013, 01:38 PM
Hi Captains,

I'm receiving many requests for someone to post to this thread -- as I've said elsewhere, there have been no further posts from dStahl or anyone else because there are no further updates to provide at this time. Daniel created the thread to let you know some of the "why" behind the change, and even made a few comments after that elaborating more, along with letting you know some of our plans.

If there are more updates that I can pass along, I will most certainly do so -- you have my commitment to that. You also have my commitment that I will continue reading every single post made in this thread (and I have been since it was created). I am passing along your feedback from this thread directly to the decision makers, but I have no involvement in the decision making.

Also, a few of you have made comments about moderation taken in this thread. Posts that break our forum rules will be moderated, as well as the users who posted them. I suggest everyone takes a look at our forum rules here and keep them in mind. This is a friendly warning as I would hate to see anyone banned for breaking them. It's okay to be upset, it's okay to post how much you hate the change, it's okay to feel the way you do, but it's not okay to break our forum rules. As you can tell from the many constructive, yet highly negative posts in this thread, the only posts that have been and will be moderated are those that don't follow our rules. Lastly, discussing moderation taken on the forums is against the forum rules as well. If you have a question about any moderation actions taken by the mods or myself, please reach out to me via the instructions in my forum signature.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Survivor of Romulus
# 1248
Kaz, it comes to mind that instead of a simple boycott, we should hold a mass sit in on the servers. Simply sitting there, effectively AFK in one zone. Say, ESD.

It would at the very least cost the powers that be some more money.

New sig btw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
ARC: A way to Redeem Codes
Career Officer
# 1249
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
All I'm saying is that calling for Dan's head might get you a new figurehead EP but the same old Cryptic/PWE.

Telling them why the game's not fun any more and why you're not spending money any more might actually get you a better game (and who knows - possibly a new EP as well).
just to let you know I'm not gunning for you cool with fellow player bad with Dan.

STO Open Beta member since 2010.
Career Officer
# 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebumble View Post
Seriously, I think it was the nuking of Vulcan that did it.

The ship wasn't bad, its the original, if he does a few more, maybe we'll see a good refit. If you put your sunglasses on you could get through the lensflares. Even the characters were decently portrayed.

But...

They...nuked...Vulcan. How many Vulcans are stationed on bases and ships in normal Star Trek vs JJ version? Yep. Exactly. Now their an endangered species. How many vulcan characters won't make it to the future in JJ's version? Like Tuvok. Will Voyager make it back because he might be dead? Which means he's never on the Excelsior with Sulu. What about Savek? Without her involvement in the attempted assassination, maybe this time they succeed...

Bleh..JJ, you made my brain hurt...

Well, being that it's an alternate reality, they have alot to play with.

You'd think Star Trek fans of all people would get the "Alternate Reality" angle.

It's like complaining that the Mirror Universe is different. Well no crap, it's supposed to be.
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS

Last edited by lordagamemnonb5; 02-16-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Closed Thread