Empire Veteran
# 161
02-15-2013, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heissenburg View Post
Heads up, that time is 3am for me (Currently doing a masters at University of Nottingham Ningbo China). I cannot gaurentee I'll make it for the meeting, but planning sessions like that can be hard to schedual around me.
Hi bud - what time zone are you in
Rihannsu
# 162
02-16-2013, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Let's all meet:

Time convertor

New York (U.S.A. - New York) Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 2:00:00 PM EST UTC-5 hours

Cape Town (South Africa) Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 9:00:00 PM SAST UTC+2 hours

We can get together on the chat on the website. Is this good for all?

I will set-up a channel later after the meeting
I guess that would be 1 pm where I am?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Empire Veteran
# 163
02-16-2013, 08:01 AM
Hi all,

My sincere apologies!

I need to please request that we hold this meeting tomorrow? I have another meeting for PvP Boot Camp that slipped my mind!

Again - I feel terrible for giving you such short notice.

I hope that this time will be convenient for all?

Sorry the China time zone is a bit difficult

Cheers,
@drkfrontiers

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 02-16-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Ensign
# 164
02-16-2013, 08:15 AM
Actually putting it at 11pm is pretty darn convinent as most nights I turn in close to midnight (so you'd be catching me shortly before bed instead of while I seept).

I hope that works out for everyone else.
Commander
# 165
02-16-2013, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
Changed my mind again... withdraw me from the Undine Campaign... I'll take the Terran Empire until someone wants to claim that.

Ask;kaar = royal blue plox
I'll dibs the Undine then, as its soo linked to my UFP one anyway!
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Rihannsu
# 166
02-16-2013, 09:23 AM
um, ok, when?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Empire Veteran
# 167
02-16-2013, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
um, ok, when?
Is this ok for you?
Rihannsu
# 168
02-16-2013, 12:41 PM
Not really. 1-2 ish(CST) would work. Or earlier.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Career Officer
# 169
02-16-2013, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Let's all meet:

Time convertor

New York (U.S.A. - New York) Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 2:00:00 PM EST UTC-5 hours

Cape Town (South Africa) Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 9:00:00 PM SAST UTC+2 hours

We can get together on the chat on the website. Is this good for all?

I will set-up a channel later after the meeting
Okay, good that this is being moved around. I was working till 5pm today (EST) so I would have missed it. It's been a long week.
Check out my Foundry Missions: Click Here!

Last edited by vexravus; 02-16-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Lieutenant
# 170
02-16-2013, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Hi Foundry authors,

I would like to create a new series "Dark Frontiers", but one with a slight twist to it.

Let me start by introducing the concept.

First off, in order to design a truly epic arc I am looking at this point to "recruit" spotlight authors that would be interested in collaborating with me.

What I would like to do is have each of the authors adopt a faction whose story line they will endeavor to bring to the fore. They will have 100% autonomy of decision in regards to their story or how their faction would respond to events.

Now, while I understand that the authors would be unable to create true factional story as there are only two playable factions in the game. Although the primary story line will still focus on the U.F.P and the Klingon Empire, the story told will be from the perspective of the faction they represent.

The factions represented will be:

United Federation of Planets (rickysmith1)
Klingon Empire (drkfrontiers)
Dominion (stardestroyer001)
Cardassian (vexravus)
Romulans (markhawkman)
Borg (heissenburg)
Ferengi (fu11ofstars)
Undine
Ask'kaar Republic (thay8472)

(Depending on the response, I am also open to your own faction you would like to use e.g. Vulcan, Andorian, Marquis)

Once I have found willing authors to fill the above, I will begin the story from Qo'noS (my home town!)

Each author when then respond to my mission with their own, or they could engage with each other's story lines, thus creating an intricate and connected series on ongoing stories.

A very interesting suggestion was made here (pendra3780)

Requirements:
  1. The heroes of your faction will either be U.F.P or Klingon Empire
  2. The "villians/ or heroes" of the faction you represent will be their opponents. So try not to kill off the cast in the first mission
  3. The only real limitation is that these two groups of characters become iconic representations throughout the series much like in the shows, that need to be properly conveyed through the other authors content.

I really hope that I will receive a positive response

I would also be looking to members of the community that enjoy creating trailers to really show their story telling skills

I have created a site where we can brainstorm - Persistent Foundry. All are welcome!

Cheers
@drkfrontiers
This sounds kind of fun.. I'd like to do the tholians if that's ok..

"You won't win.. I'm a psycho!.."