Captain
# 1 Leadership... Wow
02-15-2013, 05:38 PM
I can see why an all human cruiser might get up the nose of some PvP players now...

Back when I heard rumors that leadership meant never saying boom, I deleted my Ferengi Sci captain and replaced him with an all Human ship. I made it a Sci as well because in my experience, that's who blows up the quickest once the shields drop. I wanted to test things.

My first mistake was making an energy drain/ shield boost build. I pretty much never got to the point of taking hull damage. And over the three weeks it took to get to VA I kind of forgot about the reason why I did it in the first place.

Then I got nailed by the Jem'Hadar (BTW: How cool is it that "Jem'Hadar" is in the iPhones dictionary?) and their repulsors.

Hull went to 80%. It was back to 100% in roughly one second. I didn't need to use a single hull repair skill thanks to the power of this passive.

I'd ditch the Engineering Team skill but I want something there for when this gets nerfed.
# 2
02-15-2013, 05:53 PM
sounds godly. I may try this on my Atrox for fun.
# 3
02-15-2013, 07:38 PM
Hmmm... now that Leadership actually works... what to do, what to do. WTF do I do with these Saurians that actually worked in the first place? Guess it's gonna be a 3 Saurian / 2 Human split now.

A proud member of Sinfully Sexy. Join us.
Career Officer
# 4
02-15-2013, 09:11 PM
Hmmm, sounds like my efficient Saurian crew might get a vacation.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Career Officer
# 5
02-15-2013, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperthumper View Post
Hmmm... now that Leadership actually works... what to do, what to do. WTF do I do with these Saurians that actually worked in the first place? Guess it's gonna be a 3 Saurian / 2 Human split now.
I use a 2S/3H split... Luv it.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Captain
# 6
02-16-2013, 09:23 PM
Tacs = Covert
Engineer = Efficient
Science = Leadership

For my crews! For my sanity!
STO has a diverse group of players with a wide range of expectations and playstyles. To that end the STO team should endeavor to create a variety of content with a diverse set of difficulty levels and challenges. Cake for everyone!
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
02-16-2013, 10:27 PM
with my Alien Tac captain on fed side i have 7 human and 1 jem boff....at any one time i have 4 and 1 for active boffs....my hull healing IN COMBAT with the +10% rep passive is 65%+ at full crew. this is before i add on hull repair consoles for my LRSVR...the thing is really good in normal settings like story missions that im rushing through (repeating) or DSEs that im farming for kills (just because i can lol)

I read somewhere that the KDF has a race that is something similar....just cant find anything on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
# 8
02-16-2013, 11:40 PM
It seems to be a really cool and powerful passive. I wish that there was something for the KDF.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 02-16-2013 at 11:47 PM.
Career Officer
# 9
02-17-2013, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
It seems to be a really cool and powerful passive. I wish that there was something for the KDF.
As far as I know you can get at least 1 human for Klingon, through maxing the Marauding Doff tree. End reward lets you pick a Boff from the enemy faction, I chose a Human female Tac with Leadership trait.
Captain
# 10
02-17-2013, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcasualtyrate View Post
As far as I know you can get at least 1 human for Klingon, through maxing the Marauding Doff tree. End reward lets you pick a Boff from the enemy faction, I chose a Human female Tac with Leadership trait.
..Got to love the kdf/starfleet cloning vats, eh? (My Klink chose a human engie female to go with my Orion lady engie...needless to say my Fed will get the Orion or a Lethean (letheans if I recall have efficient)