Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lieutenant
# 51
02-12-2013, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfmudd View Post
You could try using your imagination. Or were you released without that feature, and haven't had it patched in yet?
You mean..... think for yourself? But... aren't others suppose to do that? They get paid the big bucks to do the THINKING! I am not sure where you are going with this Mr. hfmudd, but thinking is not what I come here to do!!!
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html

"Maybe space is not the final frontier," - Luke Minhere
Captain
# 52
02-12-2013, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lady0mystery View Post
Okay, I made my own flowchart too...

only thing, is... I might had made a mess out of it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ps7e49994b.jpg

tell me what you think.
Took me a while to follow all the colored lines, but yeah, looks interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
sumghai wins the thread.
I can haz cookie?

Joint Dev/Community discussion on customizable and gameplay-relevant ship interiors:
Proposal Document // Feedback Thread
Ensign
# 53
02-12-2013, 04:44 PM
I've been thinking a bit about this due to the challenge of playing a Betazoid captain and not doing either Deanna Troi (primarily active listening) or Lwaxana (intrusive, god-modding, and likely unethical.) Her compromise is generally to only call people out on their internal thoughts if she thinks it's relevant to operation of the ship. She expects her bridge crew to speak directly with honesty and candor, and will interrupt and ask questions if she's not getting it.

On the romance front, she's notorious for openly dressing down a junior officer for fantasizing about multiple members of the bridge crew. She pointed out in no uncertain terms that she was legally married (if separated), that for her to give him that kind of reputation would unethically harm his career, and that his imagined sexual prowess was likely exaggerated. The resulting ship-board rumor that she's unavailable and a stickler for rules in this area has worked well to keep those problems out of her office.
Starfleet Veteran
# 54
02-12-2013, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai View Post
I think a diagram would best describe the relationship between the senior officers and crew of my ship:

http://sumghai.deviantart.com/art/Do...hart-353600847

I liked this diagram.

As for my Main Takeshi Yamato's Bridge Crew, he's married to his Security Chief, Linda Allster (actually Linda Allster-Yamato now). He's also good friends with his XO, a Klingon named Brok'tan, and knows the rest of his Senior Officers pretty well. And his Tactical Officer, a laid-back prankster named Kevin Maxwell, always calls Takeshi 'Boss' instead of 'Captain'.

I'd probably need to come up with a diagram like yours in order to display it all, though.
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld

Last edited by takeshi6; 02-12-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Career Officer
# 55
02-12-2013, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Sometimes. The problem I have is that as good as the character creator is, there are a lot of weird limitations that prevent me from fully appreciating my Boffs. Not being able to use off-duty outfits, the Videk robes, and the M.A.C.O./OMEGA Force outfits on Boffs, not to mention the fact that you can't really make young/adolescent characters or females with chests smaller than a B-Cup, or fat people really well.

There's supposed to be three adolescent characters, one of them in robes/a dress, a fully armed M.A.C.O. unit for warzones (my captain ain't no dummy), as well as a few species that aren't in the game yet. The decided lack of those options kind of ruins the fun.
You can make adolescent Gorn: scale them on the shrimpy side, set stance to "creature" and leave off the head spines.

My KDF main is a deeply conflicted Gorn who yearns to free his people from Klingon oppression but is unwilling to give up the power and prestige that comes with being a celebrated general in the KDF. The one thing he hates most about Klingons is the way that they press-gang Gorn children to serve in their military, either not realizing or not caring that Gorn mature at about half the rate that Klingons do. (A 14-y.o. Klingon is a full adult, but at that age a Gorn is a pre-adolescent.) So he has rescued and adopted several young Gorn who now serve on his crew. He is extremely protective of them, but he gives them some responsibilities and even brings them along on some less-dangerous away missions.

My Fed main (human tac) had a relationship with his Andorian security chiefbut he had her reassigned when things got too hot. He hasn't allowed himself any further personal relationships with his crew, although his replacement security chief is his adopted (alien) brother.

The two of them (Ssharki and LaRoca) were close friends before the war. (Ssharki spent some time on Earth and served briefly in Starfleet as part of a cultural exchange.) They remain in close correspondence, and have arranged an informal officer exchange by swapping junior security officers.

I'm still working on developing RP for my other toons.

"Freedom is just a pretty idea unless it's backed by Force."

An Introduction to the Gorn (RP guide) / Ten Forward Fanfics

Last edited by sander233; 02-14-2013 at 05:30 PM.
Career Officer
# 56
02-13-2013, 09:50 PM
My first captain ever created was Corbin Grais. He advance all the way to Vice Admiral. IN that time he met and secretly married his security officer Ashlyn Welso. Also, his best friend from the academy, Gavock, a Vulcan, joined him and eventually served as his number one. Unfortunatly, during the recent mission "temporal agent" I think it was called, Vice Admiral Grais was lost forvever. He was sucked out into space after a hull breach fighting off tholians. But, a new Captain has emerged named Jon T. Pierce. Hopefully he can hold my crew together.
Career Officer
# 57
02-17-2013, 02:17 AM
i made my chief engineer into my partner so in my mind both my main and him are married.

i really did love the job i did with my Andorian first officer i had her since the tutorial all the way up to lvl 50 and liked her so much i saved her look deleted her and made a alt with her own command.
Ensign
# 58
02-17-2013, 02:31 AM
My character, as a concept, has a problem with skin contact - she's a mnemonic vampire who involuntarily drains and consumes memories when skin touches skin. Those memories are literally consumed - they exist in her mind for a time, like food in the stomach, before being broken into component emotions and digested. There is a quicker, and more selective way to do this by attaching a tentacle of brain matter extruded from the top of her skull, lamprey-like, to the spine of a willing or subdued victim, but skin contact does it all the same. As such, she's covered completely in clothing, and will likely never pursue a romantic relationship due to the severe physical handicap. However, she 'knows what its like' to be in such a relationship, as she ate people who loved or desired others. Good enough. It'll have to be.

There's another alien on the crew, a red-skinned, orange-haired ensign who I imagine as coming from a very hot world (high vulcanism AND closest to its parent star). Both are orphans, in their way - Mnemophage is the only one of her kind that she knows of, and Seichu, despite being very religious by Starfleet standards, is the closest thing her world has to an atheist due to having even a moderate interest in the sciences. While Mnem doesn't love-love Sei, there is something of a mentor relationship working itself out in my head. Both know what its like to be outcast, even monsters, and while Mnem envies Sei for her continuity of existence (given as Mnem continuously eats her own past), she is also further advanced in both scientific pursuits and Starfleet rank due to the fact that she can osmose knowledge out of peoples' heads and effectively grow neurons at will. It may grow into mother-child, depending on how many fires Sei sets.
Captain
# 59
02-17-2013, 03:48 AM
My first officer abandoned me on my way to Epohh tagging. I'd reprimand him, but I can see his position on it.