Ensign
# 1521
02-17-2013, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captw View Post
Missions are fun... after about the first go around, try 10 times on the Fed and 3 on the KDF, it get's repetitive. Been here since OB yes the game has changed... slightly, mostly graphically, content not so much. Only a hand full of mission have ever been edited for "new" approach. Mostly Doomsday was redone the best... ohh Sthal still waiting on a KDF side of that mission like you mentions ohh so long ago. To quote Scotty, "I know this ship like the back of my hand". I left for about three to six months and I know the missions still.
Yeah I agree the missions can be repetitive and samey but it would take a major redevelopment of the mechanics of game to implement a more varied mission system. It's the same for every game I've played tho, from XCom to uncharted - prebuilt missions are very similar - which is why so many choose DEATHMATCH lol

Although I have limited PvP exp on STO at the moment those challenges are the way to go imho, for real variety and unpredictability.
Ensign
# 1522
02-17-2013, 09:43 AM
I did not read every single post in this thread. But I am frustrated with this change and just want to add my voice to the discussion.

I have played MMO's since 1994 and have played STO intermittently since open beta. And while developers have had to make unpopular decisions in all the games I have played in almost all cases it was handled better than this has been. I have seen a lot of very good suggestions posted in this thread and I really do hope some of them are considered and whatever is ultimately decided is implemented as quickly as possible.

I am in a very tiny fleet and have no interest in joining a larger fleet. I fully expected it to take years to reach the final tier of star base advancement. But with this change I do not see how we will continue to progress at all. Dilithium has rarely held up our advancement over the past months. As of late it has always been the marks to get filled last and at this moment all our fleet projects are holding on marks alone. I cant imagine we are the only small fleet in this predicament but perhaps we are due to our play style.
Captain
# 1523
02-17-2013, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moze View Post
Here you have to take a look again in how the buissness works with these templates.

WoW have a big player base and that gives alot of money to work with, this gives the posibility to have more helpers to sort out these things.

Not that it shouldent be done here, but I simply thing that from the buissness end of this, its about profit. And yes that sucks, but the playerbase vs the profit in it, I belive is calculated and not thought as a gamer to a gamer would.

Just my opinion
Who is generating the profit? The playerbase. Don't upset those who foot the bill.
All cloaks should be canon.
Survivor of Romulus
# 1524
02-17-2013, 09:47 AM
how about there add a mission like the 3 pvp reward missions, e,g play any 3 stf/pvp team missions get 50 fleet mark put it on a half hour/hour cd so it does not get miss used. that way we could do it as a fleet or pug it

still
Welcome to bugs online were we only fix the bugs you like, and will ignore the ones you hate.
These are the voyages of the USS Farmville. Her 5 year mission is to boldly farm where no one has farmed before.
Say No to ARK
Career Officer
# 1525
02-17-2013, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsitsalot View Post
...Neverwinter is their next cash cow. And they've got D&D fanatics lining up and even now spending $60 and $200 on pre-beta founders' perk packs. It's still PWE. It's still their business policies that will apply over there. Just like many of us who lined up to play an MMO set in the Star Trek universe, these people are fresh meat for the grinder.

The house will win.

Then perhaps we should take their business practices to the interweb and let people know exactly who is running that next cash cow, and how they've run their previous ones into the ground.

I have to admit, Neverwinter looked really good, until this last patch left a bad taste in my mouth towards anything Cryptic and PWE. I've already told my friends, both online and off, to take a wait and see approach to Neverwinter before investing any money.

I just have this funny feeling low levels will be a breeze, with pre-built missions, to suck you in, then they'll hit you with the same grindfest STO has become later on at higher levels.

I'd say more, but I'm still waiting for my invite to beta for being an STO Lifetime Member. If that ever happens...
Career Officer
# 1526
02-17-2013, 09:56 AM
This game as change from when it first launch i will admit i have not been as active as i used to be since around season 5 i was here when it went live and it was fun back then even with all the bugs. Most of my friends i knew from then are now gone the fleet i am with has die out and i have no interest in changing fleets i am content to run around in my X and Vet ship.
As for the current up roar on this thread i will agree that it is all the problems people have had for a while with the game this just happen to break the camels back. The grind is crazy here and this game is now very alt unfriendly. I would agree with the posts i have read bring the fun back and start fixing things and odds are you will make more money.
Commander
# 1527
02-17-2013, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

I'm receiving many requests for someone to post to this thread -- as I've said elsewhere, there have been no further posts from dStahl or anyone else because there are no further updates to provide at this time. Daniel created the thread to let you know some of the "why" behind the change, and even made a few comments after that elaborating more, along with letting you know some of our plans.

If there are more updates that I can pass along, I will most certainly do so -- you have my commitment to that. You also have my commitment that I will continue reading every single post made in this thread (and I have been since it was created). I am passing along your feedback from this thread directly to the decision makers, but I have no involvement in the decision making.

Also, a few of you have made comments about moderation taken in this thread. Posts that break our forum rules will be moderated, as well as the users who posted them. I suggest everyone takes a look at our forum rules here and keep them in mind. This is a friendly warning as I would hate to see anyone banned for breaking them. It's okay to be upset, it's okay to post how much you hate the change, it's okay to feel the way you do, but it's not okay to break our forum rules. As you can tell from the many constructive, yet highly negative posts in this thread, the only posts that have been and will be moderated are those that don't follow our rules. Lastly, discussing moderation taken on the forums is against the forum rules as well. If you have a question about any moderation actions taken by the mods or myself, please reach out to me via the instructions in my forum signature.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Please do NOT give in to any whining and rage attacks in this thread. Your plans concerning Fleet marks and Dilithium MAKE SENSE!!!

Now you also have to make fleet bases viable social zones, i.e. NOT closing down their instances after you leave, causing a player to spawn at his/her last location BEFORE entering the fleet system after relogging. This causes the awesome fleet bases to be constantly deserted, even in the largest fleets!
STOWiki admin.
Captain
# 1528
02-17-2013, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captshadowxv View Post
This game as change from when it first launch i will admit i have not been as active as i used to be since around season 5 i was here when it went live and it was fun back then even with all the bugs. Most of my friends i knew from then are now gone the fleet i am with has die out and i have no interest in changing fleets i am content to run around in my X and Vet ship.
As for the current up roar on this thread i will agree that it is all the problems people have had for a while with the game this just happen to break the camels back. The grind is crazy here and this game is now very alt unfriendly. I would agree with the posts i have read bring the fun back and start fixing things and odds are you will make more money.
thats the thing , they dont seem that interested in fixing stuff just adding new stuff that breaks other things that was not broke before . look at the cloak issue for instance
Career Officer
# 1529
02-17-2013, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagasensei View Post
Please do NOT give in to any whining and rage attacks in this thread. Your plans concerning Fleet marks and Dilithium MAKE SENSE!!!

Now you also have to make fleet bases viable social zones, i.e. NOT closing down their instances after you leave, causing a player to spawn at his/her last location BEFORE entering the fleet system after relogging. This causes the awesome fleet bases to be constantly deserted, even in the largest fleets!
Could you please provide any arguments as to why they make sense? Seriously, I would like to know why you think they do.
Captain
# 1530
02-17-2013, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbormite View Post
Just my 2 cents but isn't it better for everyone if the game is long lasting?

And the plain fact is you don't ever have to spend a penny in STO (unless you want things immediately, stamp, stamp), there are loads of ways to make mases of dil, ec, etc. In fact the only restricting factor I've found is the 8k/day dil conversion cap - i could do 5 times tha/day - hint, hint
Superior features, gameplay, and customer service creates longevity in a game not artificially gated content the extend by staunching the flow of resources. Cryptic had a massive head start here. An IP with decades of history and a fanatical fanbase. Yet still they managed to flub it up. The length of this thread alone stands testament regardless of the past three years of ever festering quality issues.
All cloaks should be canon.
Closed Thread