Career Officer
# 1531
02-17-2013, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagasensei View Post
Please do NOT give in to any whining and rage attacks in this thread. Your plans concerning Fleet marks and Dilithium MAKE SENSE!!!

Now you also have to make fleet bases viable social zones, i.e. NOT closing down their instances after you leave, causing a player to spawn at his/her last location BEFORE entering the fleet system after relogging. This causes the awesome fleet bases to be constantly deserted, even in the largest fleets!
Unleash the Krakens!

I'm sure they could set aside a server for you so your starbase is always available..

Lord knows, your about their only supporter on this thread. They should do something nice for you...
Click here to see the true story of the KDF and Cryptic!

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
Career Officer
# 1532
02-17-2013, 10:11 AM
please don't start a flame war, we don't need one, with how intense this topic is going. It's something that PWE and Cryptic both need to know that majority of the player base is not pleased with the game in it's current state and possible future state.

STO Open Beta member since 2010.
Career Officer
# 1533
02-17-2013, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Please do NOT give in to any whining and rage attacks in this thread. Your plans concerning Fleet marks and Dilithium MAKE SENSE!!!
So, the removal a large source or Fleet Marks without the promise of possibly thinking about putting in more sources in the future makes sense? Saying that characters are in need of dilithium while at the same removing dilithium rewards and keeping a stifling dilithium cap in place makes sense? Forcing people to grind the same stale content makes sense? Removing any incentive for using the Foundry makes sense?

Did I wake up in the Mirror Universe?
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS
Lt. Commander
# 1534
02-17-2013, 10:14 AM
Quote:

Now you also have to make fleet bases viable social zones, i.e. NOT closing down their instances after you leave, causing a player to spawn at his/her last location BEFORE entering the fleet system after relogging. This causes the awesome fleet bases to be constantly deserted, even in the largest fleets!
No, there are a lot of constructive posts outlining ways to make the game more enjoyable without leaving it open to exploitation and there is clearly an issue as even Mr. Stahl's own data shows this to be the case. They knowingly created the shortage of Fleet Marks. This is indefensible. It makes 0 sense whatsoever as I pointed out(and have many others) quite a few pages ago the decisions made/pointed out in Dan's post make no benefit to anyone at all, period - not even from a profit standpoint. Make a valid argument to the contrary, if you can.

I do agree Fleet bases need some sort of 'reason' to be in existence at all....maybe have 'sieges' that can take place on your Fleet's star base system, say during Wednesday, Friday or Saturday at a specific hour in the evening or something. Everyone knows it's coming so you could plan a group for it and then when it goes live you are engaging in defense of your own Fleet's base in the star base system itself. Fleet Marks can be given out along with regular drops, DIL, and maybe there could be the 'big boss' of the siege can have a chance to drop a Fleet level piece of gear at the end. The FM reward could scale based on placing, i.e. 1st is 100 FM's, 2nd is 75 FM's, 3rd 50 FM's and every other place below gets at least 25 FM's plus the DIL reward, etc...combine this with upping the rewards for the already in place Fleet events and on a weekly basis could still do really well for Fleet Marks and be playing 'in a group' for them at least until we get some better/newer instances rewarding them.
Captain
# 1535
02-17-2013, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjexcimer500 View Post
Keep the customers happy; happy customers keep paying.
Make the customers unhappy; unhappy customers go somewhere else.

Here is what will keep us happy:
Forget the metrics that warn you that your year old additions to the game might be achieved this year by many gamers who worked diligently to obtain them; and instead concentrate on creating new missions and new content for us.

Eliminate the different marks - take the Omega/Romulan/FM and make just one mark.

Reduce the grind! Increase the fun!
Every mission, including the episodes should earn marks and dilithium. You've already created some awesome missions - which can be played by a fleet (that's what my fleet does) - if you truly want us to have more and less grind - give us marks/dilithium for completing them.

In short - give us more across the game grid.

We are your customers. We are the ones spending our money for the product you produce. We are not metrics.

Improve the product and improve your income.

I agree with this.. this is what I feel STO has lost. It is just to much grind, .. I don't mind the idea of the reputation system.. but the cost are really HIGH. I struggle a lot with this. I am not to happy with grinding,.. this is not why I joined STO. I joined STO to be a Starfleet Officer and do experience a story (episodes). STF and other can be a nice side activity but should not be what STF is all about.. which it is at the moment.
Lieutenant
# 1536
02-17-2013, 10:21 AM
As much as I love star trek and the memories the universe brought to me as a child and teen, this game has in many ways butchered that memory.

If it wasn't my love for the universe I might not even be playing it as I have left like many other mmos over the years that have done similar things in management(note not hte first time I have walked away from STO before).

All of them I might add ended up closing out to poor management and corporate greed in the end very much like this game is doing.
I won't get into the details but I have seen much added since beta but outside of the once in a blue moon featured episodes added every 6 months or so most of the additions t the game have been nerfs or new grinds.

The continue desire to make this heavier in grind is just another reason I think I am going to move on for the time being, but if history is any lesson this games life span won't outlive the errors that the management and PWE of this game are taking it.

Like any other star trek fans I hate to see this game go but at the same time I am tired of the nerfs, and with the constant effort to even try to get end game gear.

To think less then two weeks ago I finally got two of my mains to join a tier 3 starbase just to have the rug pull from out of me with another nerf is about the last straw I will have for the time being .

Seeing as the game lack of content was already a issue to go and make foundry missions even far more undesirable instead of more desirable with this move is just another example of greed and forced vision overriding common sense from a happy customer standpoint.

I wish STO the best of luck but for the time being I am going to watch from the side lines to see if the developers get a hint as me logging in does nothing to make it clear me and many others like me are very unhappy.
Career Officer
# 1537
02-17-2013, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trellabor View Post
No, there are a lot of constructive posts outlining ways to make the game more enjoyable without leaving it open to exploitation and there is clearly an issue as even Mr. Stahl's own data shows this to be the case. They knowingly created the shortage of Fleet Marks. This is indefensible. It makes 0 sense whatsoever as I pointed out(and have many others) quite a few pages ago the decisions made/pointed out in Dan's post make no benefit to anyone at all, period - not even from a profit standpoint. Make a valid argument to the contrary, if you can.

I do agree Fleet bases need some sort of 'reason' to be in existence at all....maybe have 'sieges' that can take place on your Fleet's star base system, say during Wednesday, Friday or Saturday at a specific hour in the evening or something. Everyone knows it's coming so you could plan a group for it and then when it goes live you are engaging in defense of your own Fleet's base in the star base system itself. Fleet Marks can be given out along with regular drops, DIL, and maybe there could be the 'big boss' of the siege can have a chance to drop a Fleet level piece of gear at the end. The FM reward could scale based on placing, i.e. 1st is 100 FM's, 2nd is 75 FM's, 3rd 50 FM's and every other place below gets at least 25 FM's plus the DIL reward, etc...combine this with upping the rewards for the already in place Fleet events and on a weekly basis could still do really well for Fleet Marks and be playing 'in a group' for them at least until we get some better/newer instances rewarding them.

What a great idea! This would help in several ways...

A) Provide an enviroment for the Fleets to have some really good PvP and get the members looking forward to some good old FUN again!

B) Provide a reason to be at the Starbases that the Fleets have spent some much time and money on.

C) Get more players interested in doing things as a Fleet that are FUN!

D) Generate interest in getting the top qear, weapons, and ships to defend your Fleet's Honor!

All of the about should give the exec's at PWE and Cryptic some insight into what their customers (aka the Players) are looking for as well as provide a new avenue to generate more profit without making it into "grinding on a farm"!

PWE/Cryptic Stop the grind, bring back the fun!

Zeus
Creator of Olympus - Home of the Gods
"I don't test my code often, but when I do I test it in Production"The most interesting dev in the world

I rather be a fence post in Texas than the King of PWE
Ensign
# 1538
02-17-2013, 11:17 AM
I dont think they know how to change the game not much changed since the begin. Only real change is they made it so you had to grind your self to death to get anything . They might as well turn it back into the first year so at least you want have to kill yourself to do something.
Career Officer
# 1539
02-17-2013, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathstalker89 View Post
I dont think they know how to change the game not much changed since the begin. Only real change is they made it so you had to grind your self to death to get anything . They might as well turn it back into the first year so at least you want have to kill yourself to do something.
I liked the beginning the way it used to be. Most MMO's take much longer to get to end game. I liked it better when it took a few months to level up a character to 50 and you had to play ALL the content to progress your character. I remember having to do patrols and story and some deep space encounters to make sure my character was leveled properly as I trekked through the various sector blocks. All we do now is play through to about romulan space and now your level 50 with no need to play any further except to grind your life away on a handful of missions to further your character through obtaining commodities that the rest of storyline doesn't provide. There has to be some middle ground to put all the old content to better use.
Survivor of Romulus
# 1540
02-17-2013, 11:33 AM
Closed Thread