Lieutenant
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 57
# 21
02-15-2013, 10:05 PM
Thanks! found it (I feel dumb now)
Then started it and got disconnected from the server, lol.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,383
# 22
02-16-2013, 12:02 AM
I would play it till Monday, but the most recent update has effected the mission at the end where myself and others can not reassign BOFFS on completion of the mission I don't want to go wasting my time queuing up a fleet mission in order to reassign BOFFS.
Live long and Prosper
Ensign
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2
# 23 Confused
02-16-2013, 01:24 PM
I attained Level 6 and I want to do the mission to get the free ship. I thought it was extended through the weekend. I am confused as to how to get the mission to get the free ship.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,047
# 24
02-16-2013, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinjaw View Post
I attained Level 6 and I want to do the mission to get the free ship. I thought it was extended through the weekend. I am confused as to how to get the mission to get the free ship.
It's now in the mission journal. Here are the patch notes http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...wpost&t=550321

-The episode is now level 25
-In the Federation mission Journal, the episode falls between Preemptive Strike and Hunting the Hunters.
-In the KDF mission Journal, the episode falls between Keep Your Enemies Closer and Skirmish.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Ensign
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2
# 25
02-16-2013, 03:30 PM
Well, that stinks.

"-The episode is now level 25"

I don't know who would call that extended. In my understanding of the word extended, it means that only the date is pushed out. If I was able to get it and now I can't, that is not extended. That is ended.

I spent my evening playing with some friends that got me into STO. Now I am punished for thinking that extended meant extended instead of ended. That certainly has left me with a bad feeling about STO.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 366
# 26
02-16-2013, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinjaw View Post
Well, that stinks.

"-The episode is now level 25"

I don't know who would call that extended. In my understanding of the word extended, it means that only the date is pushed out. If I was able to get it and now I can't, that is not extended. That is ended.

I spent my evening playing with some friends that got me into STO. Now I am punished for thinking that extended meant extended instead of ended. That certainly has left me with a bad feeling about STO.
they extended the amount of time people can claim the Tier 5 ships.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 64
# 27
02-16-2013, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
It's now in the mission journal. Here are the patch notes http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...wpost&t=550321

-The episode is now level 25
-In the Federation mission Journal, the episode falls between Preemptive Strike and Hunting the Hunters.
-In the KDF mission Journal, the episode falls between Keep Your Enemies Closer and Skirmish.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
The really ridiculous part of that is the change in level requirement to attain the mission! Any lvl 6 Fed character who had completed the mission prior to the maintenance and patch that changed those level requirements can quite simply repeat the mission without any trouble. Yet any lvl 6 Fed character who missed out for whatever reason can no longer acquire the mission and will therefore miss out on the free ships and "uniform"! That really does not seem very fair now does it?

I posted in this thread on the 14th Feb about this "oversight" and, as expected, there's been no response.

I was able to complete the mission with 6 of my 7 characters, unfortunately the 7th missed out due to Cryptic's poorly planned maintenance. If I'd had just one more hour before that maintenance my 7th character would also have completed the mission but it seems that's not going to happen now.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 64
# 28
02-16-2013, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedarky View Post
they extended the amount of time people can claim the Tier 5 ships.
They've extended the event's duration so they should have also extended the availability of the mission in it's original state, because that was a large part of the event's celebrations.

If they can do this once without any complaints from the players and fans then they'll surely do it again!
Ensign
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8
# 29
02-17-2013, 11:17 AM
I call bull****. I can still access it on my level 20, so the 25 requirement doesn't apply, but for some reason I can't get it to load with my second captain who I just got up to 6. I smell a rat.

Edit: It looks like I can replay it with the character I used before because it's already finished under that profile. So, yes, it would seem as though they haven't "extended" a ******n thing except for getting that piece of **** balloon gun. One is left to assume that Q is actually calling the shots behind the current and future development of the game. For the sake of us all, let's pray that isn't true. That would be a really ****ty game.

Last edited by thequinby; 02-17-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 64
# 30
02-17-2013, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thequinby View Post
I call bull****. I can still access it on my level 20, so the 25 requirement doesn't apply, but for some reason I can't get it to load with my second captain who I just got up to 6. I smell a rat.

Edit: It looks like I can replay it with the character I used before because it's already finished under that profile. So, yes, it would seem as though they haven't "extended" a ******n thing except for getting that piece of **** balloon gun. One is left to assume that Q is actually calling the shots behind the current and future development of the game. For the sake of us all, let's pray that isn't true. That would be a really ****ty game.
This is what I've been complaining about since the 14th Feb, so far no-one at Cryptic has given any sort of response so I'm left to conclude that PWE and Cryptic have decided that they will simply ignore any and all complaints in regards to this fiasco!
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:17 AM.