Lieutenant
I've recently tried using the /Exchange chat and no one really pays attention to it. I could risk getting labeled a spammer by asking in Zone at ESD or DS9. My question, is why there is not a Trade Thread or section for this?

So I guess I'll ask for one; if it doesn't violate any of Cryptic's or PWE's policies I don't see why not.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
02-17-2013, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan6526 View Post
I've recently tried using the /Exchange chat and no one really pays attention to it. I could risk getting labeled a spammer by asking in Zone at ESD or DS9. My question, is why there is not a Trade Thread or section for this?

So I guess I'll ask for one; if it doesn't violate any of Cryptic's or PWE's policies I don't see why not.
Good point, I've been wondering this too.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2013, 12:24 PM
I really don't understand why people feel the need to post what they are selling in chat. When I want to sell something, I put it up on the exchange. First, I check other prices for the item I want to sell, then price it accordingly. Once the item is put up it doesn't take very long to sell. Then I take the EC an buy whatever else I may need.
Captain
# 4
02-17-2013, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erocker View Post
When I want to sell something, I put it up on the exchange.
This. A feature already exists to satisfy your buying and selling needs. The things that can't be sold on the exchange e.g. fleet marks or starbase access, are things that Cryptic implicitly does not want you to sell.

Now, I do believe that the exchange needs a barter feature where goods can be traded instead of only working in EC.

If it were up to me, I would make it so that you could submit a "bid" of items to trade. The exchange would look at the prices of items that other people are selling to figure out what your offer is worth. So if you were trying to offer 100 contraband and 5 keys as your bid, the exchange would look at the price of the 100 cheapest contraband and the 5 cheapest keys, and that's what your bid is worth. If your offer is way lower than the asking price of the item, then your bid is rejected. If the offer is worth approximately the asking price (or more), then your bid bid is accepted and the player actually selling the item would receive it in the "Offers" tab of their exchange. The exchange would point out what the offer is currently worth in EC compared to the asking price of the item, and the player could choose to accept or reject it.

And that would take care of the all the "legit" trading needs.