Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 860
so yea this isnt a rant thread, the rant thread is the third door to your right.

but no, in DS9 these monsters were about Three to Four times Larger than what we call the Jem'Hadar Battleships, they are Effing huge, I can understand the scaleback for a game, but the Dreadnought is smaller than the battleship in game. I mean at least scale them to the size of tholian tarantulas if anything just make them bigger than the Jem'Hadar battleships.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 248
# 2
02-17-2013, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus304 View Post
so yea this isnt a rant thread, the rant thread is the third door to your right.

but no, in DS9 these monsters were about Three to Four times Larger than what we call the Jem'Hadar Battleships, they are Effing huge, I can understand the scaleback for a game, but the Dreadnought is smaller than the battleship in game. I mean at least scale them to the size of tholian tarantulas if anything just make them bigger than the Jem'Hadar battleships.
The reason it is smaller than the Jem battleship and the Tarantula is almost certainly because its a player ship. While others may correct me here, my understanding is that player ships - regardless of the size of their actual model - are automatically scaled by the game to fit in a certain size range.

So, while I agree it's a little disappointing, I believe in this case the Jem DN is "functioning as intended" - just like the Odyssey, Vo'quv, Catbox, and Bortas.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,850
# 3
02-17-2013, 10:27 AM
question. is the NPC dreadnought currently the size of the jem dreadnought Carrier? if so then i'd say no, since the Dread carrier is based off the NPC Dreadnought, if one got bigger players would want their ships bigger as well, and those things are already the biggest playable ships in game.


And this is from someonw whos engy flies an all polaron (one torp) beam boat with the Mk XII jem set.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 860
# 4
02-17-2013, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkari View Post
question. is the NPC dreadnought currently the size of the jem dreadnought Carrier? if so then i'd say no, since the Dread carrier is based off the NPC Dreadnought, if one got bigger players would want their ships bigger as well, and those things are already the biggest playable ships in game.


And this is from someonw whos engy flies an all polaron (one torp) beam boat with the Mk XII jem set.
actually the NPC dread is in fact smaller, and lacks the 6 pods presumably for the hangars (even though they are in DS9) the NPC dread is as large as the excelsior in length, but the width of the armitage saucer section.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,850
# 5
02-17-2013, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus304 View Post
actually the NPC dread is in fact smaller, and lacks the 6 pods presumably for the hangars (even though they are in DS9) the NPC dread is as large as the excelsior in length, but the width of the armitage saucer section.
then by all means they should make the NPC the size of the dread carrier. seems weird for me to be flying a ship thats the same as the npc's but bigger for some unexplained reason.

in that situation i'd imagine the Jem NPC's to be like "why don't we have that one?" or "Is that the new model?" I mean the two share the same exact model, minus a few things as was pointed out, but if they are essentially the same shouldnt they be somewhat to scale size wise?

im sure if your flying an oddy in the tau dewa sector and run across the enterprise its not much bigger/smaller than yours.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.

Last edited by tenkari; 02-17-2013 at 10:50 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 105
# 6
02-17-2013, 02:35 PM
Try flying next to one when you're in a Defiant class ship.

You'll certainly feel..inadequate.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:22 PM.