Career Officer
# 21
02-17-2013, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloctoad View Post
The funniest part about this is he expects us to believe he actually saw 19 Klingons anywhere. Visit Kerrat almost any time of day and you're likely to see at least half a dozen Federation ships, not Klingon ships, parked at the spawn point. But if you insist on firing upon me at the respawn point, I'll insist on ramming your AFK buddies and killing them with a warp core breach. So go ahead and help me send your friends to Grethor.
Gee let me list the names for you and you go look them up...

CryoX
Kaine
Red Laurence
Misdemeanor
Emo Joe
Tunguska
Eiybot
Stardagger [currently banned]
Grim Death
Sibok
Dirty Old Man
Hannibal
Nightwish
Ombji
Kempek
Deathstroke
Baltazar
Djinn
Motar

Most of these are with tthe ISC fleet and yes they do meet in Kerrat for 1-vs-1 sessions to test equipment. My toon "Grimsey" is one of thier favorite targets. So yes I do know what is like to face 19 klinks.
Captain
# 22
02-17-2013, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumstar View Post
I agree Kerrat needs to be for lvl 50's only. But it isnt only the KDF who does the sort of thing youre talking about. I recall several times playing my Klink at the Capt lvl and being spawned killed over and over by Fed admirals camped at the respawn point. Make sure you use both hands when pointing fingers so you can include both factions.
Yes I agree except there is a big difference that Fed cant cloak and hide until your KDF low-level is engaged with 2 spheres and a cube. Also the KDF trainee can cloak before restart and will respawn hidden, which makes them immune to startup ganks.
Survivor of Romulus
# 23
02-17-2013, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
And before you go ahead and gloat too much, you might want to dig around the forums a little... There are significantly more KDF than Feds crying over Ker'rat.
I haven't actually gone that much through forums, so I might be wrong, but I suspect the KDF ones mostly whined about respawn farming.

When I think of that, I had the funniest encounter few weeks ago with respawn farming. I pulled in the Tactical Bortasqu' and there were four ships farming, but i had the lol moment as 2 were straight infront of me. Needles to say those 2 were instantly slapped on the Cube and not long after the other two were sent there to scrape them off. I think they expected a BoP and had "Oh ****!" moment.
Then one of them was quite persistent of buzzing around me and trying to blow me up 1 on 1 without the others (they were caught up fighting other KDF) with a Star Cruiser.

Anyway my point was that because the Fed. starts at level 1, and therefore has much more players, you can expect their number of unexperienced or ignorant players to be larger. And those who don't understand the game mechanics are the ones that usually whine.
Remember, every one of us was a noob in his/hers own time.
But this is nothing we should generalize around, I for one had my share of lolz with the Galaxy of all ships against confused & inexperienced KDF. Comes back to the person, not the whole faction. And even that person can learn and then it's payback time.

P.S. I believe the other player ment the 1000 day veteran ship (Chimaera/Peghgu') as it is for now only availible for veterans & lifetime subscribers.
Captain
# 24
02-17-2013, 04:08 PM
I invite all the QQ'ers to play kdf and see for themselves first hand, how easy it really is. I bet most of you are farmers and you would like nothing better than to be left alone so that you can farm the borgs in peace for some easy EC.
Empire Veteran
# 25
02-17-2013, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokersmith1 View Post
I invite all the QQ'ers to play kdf and see for themselves first hand, how easy it really is. I bet most of you are farmers and you would like nothing better than to be left alone so that you can farm the borgs in peace for some easy EC.
Gotta get dem purplez. I love it when you're sitting on a feds ass, adding additional windows with disruptor fire and they still wont target you as they need to get all the borg repair hulk kills.
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Empire Veteran
# 26
02-17-2013, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnthebard View Post
Gee let me list the names for you and you go look them up...

CryoX
Kaine
Red Laurence
Misdemeanor
Emo Joe
Tunguska
Eiybot
Stardagger [currently banned]
Grim Death
Sibok
Dirty Old Man
Hannibal
Nightwish
Ombji
Kempek
Deathstroke
Baltazar
Djinn
Motar

Most of these are with tthe ISC fleet and yes they do meet in Kerrat for 1-vs-1 sessions to test equipment. My toon "Grimsey" is one of thier favorite targets. So yes I do know what is like to face 19 klinks.
Also I dont know if I'm kind of annoyed for not being on that list or a little relieved that I'm not haha
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Empire Veteran
# 27
02-17-2013, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
Yes I agree except there is a big difference that Fed cant cloak and hide until your KDF low-level is engaged with 2 spheres and a cube. Also the KDF trainee can cloak before restart and will respawn hidden, which makes them immune to startup ganks.
Except for that Defiant, right?
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Rihannsu
# 28
02-17-2013, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
thats one of my big issues with that place. i understand that is a point of a place but there should be some respect from players that if you see someone fighting the borg that you dont wait untill they are hurt the most by the borg then decloak and finish the job the borg couldnt that is just dishonorable.
Captain
# 29
02-17-2013, 05:39 PM
It is my own observation that there are two kind of players at Ker'rat, those that, after the initial group-respawn don't camp the spawn, and those that, if there are enough of their faction present, will spend the entire instance camping the spawn point hoping to gank players before their controls unlock.

From play on BOTH sides (Fed and Klink) I have to state this observed behaviour;

Feds are most often in the second group-after the initial group spawn, it's FEDS that set up a cordon with mines and warp plasma to 'git' anyone dumb enough to hit "restart." I actually ran a few experiments, (as in more than once) observing how long it takes the average fedball to move on when they don't have klingon targets.

Takes about an hour-or until the instance restarts enough times that the numbers balance shifts away from them.

After the initial 'break' (where, tbh, everyone's firing at close range and nobody's holding back), it is VERY rare for Feds to NOT try to camp the spawn-point if they have enough guys.

at least most Klinks will let you start your engines before applying GW3 and EWP, Tractor holds, Tric mines and BO/target subsystem/Torp spread, and most of the time een a Klink in a Kruiser isn't laying mines on the spawn-this might have something to do with the blue side's respawn moving to the other end of the map, of course...
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

I play KDF, because being a genocidal maniac works better with Klingons, than explaining it as a member of Starfleet.
Commander
# 30
02-17-2013, 05:59 PM
Meh, there are plenty of places in STO for carebears to grind/lvl their characters. Kerrat is like the one place where your not 100% safe. I spend most of my time attacking whoever I see. When I don't see anything I'll go after borg stuff. Its not like there is a penalty for dying. I can't loot your dead corpse like some other games. I do this with both KDF and Fed characters. I think of Kerrat as a good place to make sure my toon is equipped correctly by being able to respond to unexpected events like getting jumped by BoPs. I'm also usually waiting in queue for pvp action and if you want to complain about gankers, then feds need need to queue up in pvp.

Now I try not to attack anyone in spawn until they move aggresively after the initial furball. In fact I try to move away from the intial furball. But I'm not perfect, I have moments Also if you pulled a cube solo thats your problem, not mine. Its not my job to keep the carebears safe and cozy.