Empire Veteran
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,121
# 11
02-17-2013, 01:56 PM
It could use the ability to access and send mail.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,875
# 12
02-17-2013, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
When will this be accessible for Holodeck? Seems a bit pointless to have it accessing Tribble when there aren't many players on it compared to Holodeck. I mean, this Gateway has been out for nearly 1/2 a year, if not longer, and its still only for Tribble. Would be cool to have access for it on Holodeck.
It is accessible for holodeck. Just don't type the "test" in the adress.

http://gatewaytest.startrekonline.com/: This is for Tribble.
http://gateway.startrekonline.com/: This is for Holodeck.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 731
# 13
02-17-2013, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticpoz View Post
Fleet information is considerably restricted for non-members. We left in the basics that would help in recruiting.

Non-members can see: fleet name, creation date, MotD, description, website, member count, minimum rank, recruiting message, and those in the roster that are allowed to invite new members. They can't see rank and file members of the fleet, fleet events, calendar, or activity logs.

Do you think we should also restrict the MotD (message of the day) and general description? Or maybe just the MotD?
In my opinion there's nothing you listed there that needs to be restricted. If anything, I'd welcome more information in terms of the fleet starbase and embassy.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Cryptic Studios Team
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 41
# 14
02-17-2013, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
When will this be accessible for Holodeck? Seems a bit pointless to have it accessing Tribble when there aren't many players on it compared to Holodeck. I mean, this Gateway has been out for nearly 1/2 a year, if not longer, and its still only for Tribble. Would be cool to have access for it on Holodeck.
It's out for Holodeck: http://gateway.startrekonline.com and has been for a while.

The Tribble version is a similar but different name: http://gatewaytest.startrekonline.com
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 423
# 15
02-17-2013, 06:15 PM
I have been able to access it for my holodeck toons?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 445
# 16
02-17-2013, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticpoz View Post
Fleet information is considerably restricted for non-members. We left in the basics that would help in recruiting.

Non-members can see: fleet name, creation date, MotD, description, website, member count, minimum rank, recruiting message, and those in the roster that are allowed to invite new members. They can't see rank and file members of the fleet, fleet events, calendar, or activity logs.

Do you think we should also restrict the MotD (message of the day) and general description? Or maybe just the MotD?
Just an oddity, the fleet roster is very nice but there seems to be some sorting issues. For example, the ranks are sorting alphabetically and not in the progression order they are for fleets. So the name of the rank needs to be displayed but it needs to sort on the rank order number.

I also seem to be getting a large number of "timeouts" when moving around the screens. Something does not seem to be optimized and it takes a long time to load in captain images. I imagine this is a content driven system?

Last edited by commodoreshrvk; 02-17-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Ensign
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 28
# 17
02-18-2013, 01:02 AM
Also in the roster there seems to be a weird issue where the table starts out with all column optimized for width (according to content) and then suddenly they all revert back to the same width.

I second the ingame mail suggestion. Also:
  • Fleet chat access
  • View and contribute to fleet assets
  • DOff assignments*
  • View upcomming events (Mining, Academy, etc.)

For the DOff suggestions I see two problems: being limited to just the region you logged off in, and where to put rewards if your inventory is full.

It would be nice if the gateway could provide access to the assignments in all the accessible locations but I am aware that this would need to be protected against misuse. If it's too powerful/convenient it would compete with the actual game. Obviously as a first step it would already be very cool and useful to just have access to the current location, ship and department assignments. Later there could perhaps be an option to change the current location but that would block the gateway DOff interface for an appropriate amount of time to simulate travel.

As for the full inventory issue there could be an overflow area to hold things until the player logs in again. Naturally the overflow would be "take only" as to prevent misuse as additional storage
Great! Only three left. Now all I need is for one of them to leave the room and then there will be only one left...
Wait, where I come from three minus one still leaves two!
Where I come from is a far more interesting place.
Cryptic Studios Team
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 41
# 18
02-18-2013, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodoreshrvk View Post
So the name of the rank needs to be displayed but it needs to sort on the rank order number.
Good catch. I put on it on the list to be fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodoreshrvk View Post
I also seem to be getting a large number of "timeouts" when moving around the screens. Something does not seem to be optimized and it takes a long time to load in captain images. I imagine this is a content driven system?
As you can imagine, Star Trek Online has a lot of data in it, so we added a timeout screen to catch overly long waits. We may have it set too short. I will investigate. Which browser are you using?
Cryptic Studios Team
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 41
# 19
02-18-2013, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kempeth View Post
Also in the roster there seems to be a weird issue where the table starts out with all column optimized for width (according to content) and then suddenly they all revert back to the same width
Which browser are you using?

Thanks for your ideas regarding future directions for Gateway. We've definititely been thinking in those directions as well.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 744
# 20
02-18-2013, 10:24 AM
How often does it pull info? I have changed my costume and added a BO a couple days ago, but my character still reflects the costume and set of BOs of last week.
Join Date: July 29 2008
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:37 AM.