Captain
# 11
02-17-2013, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcasualtyrate View Post
As far as I know you can get at least 1 human for Klingon, through maxing the Marauding Doff tree. End reward lets you pick a Boff from the enemy faction, I chose a Human female Tac with Leadership trait.
Sorry for sounding ignorant. But are we talking about doffs. Or boffs. The thread post mentions Bridge Officers and Boff Abilities?
Captain
# 12
02-17-2013, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Sorry for sounding ignorant. But are we talking about doffs. Or boffs. The thread post mentions Bridge Officers and Boff Abilities?
From the Doff system you are rewarded a cross faction Boff when Marauding hits 100k(Diplomacy for the Feds). So, KDF can get at least 1 human Boff this way. There maybe a way to transfer more via maxing alts, but they maybe bound in such a way this isn't possible. Eitherway, the do stack too strongly and not just for the repair, but also the high resists they add to subsystem disables et al.

Also, this isn't just an issue for Human Boffs, the Romulan cloaking Boffs stack too strongly and so do the CritH Romulan Boffs. Efficient Boff ability was nerfed heavily w/the skill system revamp, so I don't see an issue w/those Boffs. What if anything will be done, idk.
Captain
# 13
02-17-2013, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
From the Doff system you are rewarded a cross faction Boff when Marauding hits 100k(Diplomacy for the Feds). So, KDF can get at least 1 human Boff this way. There maybe a way to transfer more via maxing alts, but they maybe bound in such a way this isn't possible. Eitherway, the do stack too strongly and not just for the repair, but also the high resists they add to subsystem disables et al.

Also, this isn't just an issue for Human Boffs, the Romulan cloaking Boffs stack too strongly and so do the CritH Romulan Boffs. Efficient Boff ability was nerfed heavily w/the skill system revamp, so I don't see an issue w/those Boffs. What if anything will be done, idk.
2x of my KDF hit 100k and I never got any option for boff?
Captain
# 14
02-17-2013, 02:57 PM
Fleet Assault Cruiser Refit. I currently run 3 human BOffs on it. The hull repair is so powerful that a critical plasma burn from a Borg plasma torp is healed up almost as quickly as it deals damage. That's a 600 per tick burn. Love that Leadership actually works now XD.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 15
02-17-2013, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
2x of my KDF hit 100k and I never got any option for boff?
There's a Boff store near the Boff respec guy on Qo'nos. Try there.
Captain
# 16
02-17-2013, 03:44 PM
Yeah. Some times things in the game aren't made obvious. Like a free cross faction boff, or the fact you can make photonics doffs via the replicator.
# 17
02-17-2013, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Fleet Assault Cruiser Refit. I currently run 3 human BOffs on it. The hull repair is so powerful that a critical plasma burn from a Borg plasma torp is healed up almost as quickly as it deals damage. That's a 600 per tick burn. Love that Leadership actually works now XD.
Just be careful groundside, since klingons do more damage in ground! MBUAHAHAH!!! sweet, sweet revenge for not having anything fed-unique.
Captain
# 18
02-18-2013, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
Just be careful groundside, since klingons do more damage in ground! MBUAHAHAH!!! sweet, sweet revenge for not having anything fed-unique.
As a tactical officer, I much prefer the Romulan tactical BOFFs on my Fleet Defiant.

I have 3 Romulan Tactical, 1 Saurian Engineer, and 1 Human Science. Maybe I might switch the Engineer back to a Human, since I'm only getting 1 extra power to my Aux system with the Saurian.

On my KDF character, I fly a B'rel Retrofit and intend on using all Romulan BOFFs (2 Tactical, 1 Engineering, and 1 Science). Hopefully they will fix the perma-cloak bug, so I can see how well the BOFF layout works out.

Last edited by shookyang; 02-18-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Career Officer
# 19
02-18-2013, 03:46 PM
When did they fix Leadership?
Republic Veteran
# 20
02-18-2013, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammers19 View Post
When did they fix Leadership?
1/17 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=516551