Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,223
# 11
02-17-2013, 04:24 PM
You might as well have just pointed to Bethesda. It wouldn't have been any funnier.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,465
# 12
02-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
You might as well have just pointed to Bethesda. It wouldn't have been any funnier.
Could have gone with Obsidian I suppose...
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,329
# 13
02-17-2013, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcademaster View Post
Still Cryptic's QA process is a sad joke.
It's vastly superior to SW:TOR's. which is to ignore all bug reports and delete complaints posted on their forums while threatening people with infractions and bannings if they don't keep quiet.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,465
# 14
02-17-2013, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopwithsnipe View Post
It's vastly superior to SW:TOR's. which is to ignore all bug reports and delete complaints posted on their forums while threatening people with infractions and bannings if they don't keep quiet.
You seem to be ignoring the fact that TOR actually fixes its bugs. It may take awhile (companion lightsabers anyone?) but stuff does get fixed.

In STO it becomes a feature.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,329
# 15
02-17-2013, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
You seem to be ignoring the fact that TOR actually fixes its bugs. It may take awhile (companion lightsabers anyone?) but stuff does get fixed.

In STO it becomes a feature.
If they were so great at fixing their bugs they wouldn't feel it was necessary to adopt a policy of deleting threads reporting them on their forums and punishing people with infractions and threats of bannings.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,092
# 16
02-17-2013, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
You seem to be ignoring the fact that TOR actually fixes its bugs. It may take awhile (companion lightsabers anyone?) but stuff does get fixed.

In STO it becomes a feature.
But I like some of STO's "features".
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 199
# 17
02-17-2013, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
This.


Show me an MMO without bugs and I will show you a Developer team of Gods!
Why are you such an apologist for Cryptic? We all know that MMO's have bugs, but when Cryptic does it, they keep adding content, which adds more bugs they haven't addressed anything when it comes to bugs. They have this entire large new team, where are those that address the bugs? Its getting old and the excuses are becoming older and those like yourself don't do Cryptic any favors in coming in stoking threads.

Cheers,

T
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,092
# 18
02-17-2013, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoncal View Post
Why are you such an apologist for Cryptic? We all know that MMO's have bugs, but when Cryptic does it, they keep adding content, which adds more bugs they haven't addressed anything when it comes to bugs. They have this entire large new team, where are those that address the bugs? Its getting old and the excuses are becoming older and those like yourself don't do Cryptic any favors in coming in stoking threads.
Because.... you just described like every MMO ever made?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 199
# 19
02-17-2013, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Because.... you just described like every MMO ever made?
Well, perhaps it is time to move on. Ive done 3 STF's tonight with no loot drops, lets not also include all the rest of the bugs. I think iam done! Ah, another apologist for the team that is Cryptic.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,036
# 20
02-18-2013, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
Yes, Egosoft games are buggy, but you can really tell how they care about the players of their games. I believe Terran Conflict was even made with the help of some of the main amateur developers who created major mods like Reunion XTended. They also give regular updates on the development of X-Rebirth, and even poll fans on certain design decisions. The modding scene is openly supported and encouraged, and the community bind together to make playing the X-series a great experience.
True, though I'm pretty sure they just knew talent when the saw it in the XTended team and offered some of them jobs. Don't be too sure they listen to their fans more than Cryptic does though; they've made many controversial decisions about the evolution of their games, and have stuck to their guns every time, regardless of how much the community protested.

The modding community is pretty awesome though; there's some first rate fan made stuff available for those games, and Egosoft does go to great lengths to support it. It's probably one of their greatest strengths.
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:02 AM.