Career Officer
# 21
01-23-2013, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva View Post
I'm sure that will make a lot of people happy. You really create masterpieces.
Thank you, that's very kind.

For Ship Charts and Videos - STARFISH1.CO.UK
Career Officer
# 22
01-23-2013, 10:41 PM
Seriously, Starfish, you have to know how good your stuff is, right?

Already linked previously, but this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wby_4vE7FA

Is just brilliant.
I hadn't seen the Winter Wonderland one until this thread.

Also, simply amazing.

Last edited by hippiejon; 01-23-2013 at 10:47 PM.
Career Officer
# 23
01-23-2013, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
Seriously, Starfish, you have to know how good your stuff is, right?
Hmm...? Not really no.

Obviously I'm pleased enough with them (at the time) to share them.

I think the soundtracks are good, and (for me at least) it's the music that makes them good, not the quality of my visuals. My footage is very jumpy in places (except the newest one), and the graphics on my PC are not so good either. I don't think they do the potential game graphics justice at all.

I'm working on another one at the moment which will be over 5 minutes long, and more like a mini episode. So far, the graphics are much better as I've tweaked my settings, but I have a feeling people won't like it, because it's somewhat different to the others. It's more story driven, with some dialogue, and at a much slower pace. But when it's done, I'll share it to see what people think.

For Ship Charts and Videos - STARFISH1.CO.UK
Captain
# 24
01-23-2013, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish1701 View Post
Hmm...? Not really no.

Obviously I'm pleased enough with them (at the time) to share them.

I think the soundtracks are good, and (for me at least) it's the music that makes them good, not the quality of my visuals. My footage is very jumpy in places (except the newest one), and the graphics on my PC are not so good either. I don't think they do the potential game graphics justice at all.

I'm working on another one at the moment which will be over 5 minutes long, and more like a mini episode. So far, the graphics are much better as I've tweaked my settings, but I have a feeling people won't like it, because it's somewhat different to the others. It's more story driven, with some dialogue, and at a much slower pace. But when it's done, I'll share it to see what people think.
Well you're doing these for free! You have every right to experiment, and no one has any right to complain really.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 25
01-24-2013, 10:23 AM
I definitely look forward to further videos from you.

I am really in awe of people who have the technical ability to pull this kind of thing off. I can do a few things with the Foundry, but video-editing is WAY beyond my skill. Even today I was thinking of how I wish I could pull off a video of the last Literary Challenge story I wrote, and I could sort of "storyboard" it, but beyond that I am absolutely useless.

And I agree with you about the music. That really brings life into a video, sets the tone, and ties the whole thing together. One example is what you did with the Devidians and their attacks in your Spectres video, and how you timed the "revenge" from your captain, using the music to underscore it. I thought that was awesome.
Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM me for more. :-)

Sig by gulberat. Avatar credit to balsavor.deviantart.com
Captain
# 26
01-25-2013, 10:45 AM
Very cool mate. I'm also a bit of a keen movie maker :0

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 01-25-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 27
02-17-2013, 07:01 PM
*Waits patiently for next video.*

This is not a "bump".
Starfleet Veteran
# 28
10-22-2013, 07:59 PM
I have a proposition for you dude. I can't find a contact mail?

I sent you a message in the game mail.
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/246641_323883057709996_347034197_n.jpg

Last edited by chooch99a; 10-22-2013 at 08:07 PM.