Lieutenant
# 1621
02-17-2013, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
This will probably never be seen by dstahl or anyone else... and if it is, it will likely be disregarded as coming from the "Stupid Customer, Doesn't Know Anything" mentality. (Yes, I know what that is myself, I used to apply the same mental classification to customers too).

Here's an idea.

The problem is that small fleets are struggling - but the only reason why they haven't left their existing fleet to join a "super-fleet" is because they are tied to their RP or language/country fleet.

Someone else said "Why don't we be able to merge fleets". This is a good idea, but the problem is that there will be too many fleets. However, this provides the basis for my proposal.

How about this.

Have the ability for a player to be able to join a maximum of three fleets; however, only one fleet can be set to "primary" fleet.

A person's primary fleet is simply that - the primary. No changes to the fleet system for that person's primary fleet will occur.

Secondary/tertiary fleets will be different. A player CANNOT buy equipment or supplies from secondary or tertiary fleets, but are still able to contribute resources to fleet projects and be able to visit fleet starbases and embassies.

It's not a perfect solution, but it works.

Take no offense but I think you are missing the whole thread line here.

so basicaly what you are suggesting is to multiply the amount of items grinding by a X factor, depending on how many X fleets you join and contribute to? xD

How to say ... Thanks but no thanks
It totally goes against the whole thread wich is :

Too much grind; not enough FUN

Beeing able to join more fleets will result in even more grind and won't solve anything
A Disenchanted player

Last edited by hussere; 02-17-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Captain
# 1622
02-17-2013, 08:42 PM
Best quote that describes this situation...

"Its all going to end now, isn't it? You are going to destroy this world and start a new one. What is the use of me continuing to defend a doomed planet? Can you see the sense in that?" ~ Julian

"No" ~ Sisko (as Noah)

"No. I am an intelligence agent. And, if there is any one thing I have learned, it is there comes a point... when the odds are against you, and there is no reasonable course of action but to quit.

How do you think I managed to stay alive for so long, when all of my compatriots are dead? It is because I have always known when to quit and walk away." ~ Julian

(Deep Space Nine - "Our Man Bashire")

Perhaps that is something that needs to be considered? If Cryptic is not creating something that is entertaining, I can see only one other viable option. Find another game to play.

"Star Trek: Online" will not be the last game, which carries the name "Star Trek". Within five to ten years from now, I bet there will be another MMO based upon "Star Trek".

*shrugs*

As we all know from experience, not every aspect of "Star Trek" is considered successful. Sometimes you have to call a spade 'a spade', so that you can move on to something else.

Something to think about.

Last edited by linyive; 02-17-2013 at 09:07 PM.
Captain
# 1623
02-17-2013, 08:43 PM
I don't fault them for removing Fleet Marks from non-Fleet activities.

I DO fault them for removing Fleet Marks, and not replacing them with an equivalent elsewhere. At the least, all existing "Fleet Events" and "Fleet Actions" should've been given a substantial amount of Fleet Marks as rewards. For that matter, ALL group content (including PVP and STFs) should be given an optional Fleet Mark reward as well.

These Fleet Marks should've been added to the game at the same time as removing them from the Foundry wrapper. It is UNACCEPTABLE to delay adding additional Fleet Marks elsewhere for several days or even weeks. And Mr Stahl suggests we may have to wait several MONTHS ??? That is sooo beyond unacceptable, it just isn't funny anymore.

Season 7 has done alot of rebalancing of where you get various rewards. And not always for the better either. The changes have been made with ZERO community input, before making the changes. And look at all the negative backlash that has been created as a result? First it was the Season 7 Dilithium fiasco, now this... What's next? A response, Mr Stahl?
Career Officer
# 1624
02-17-2013, 08:53 PM
Quote:
This will probably never be seen by dstahl or anyone else... and if it is, it will likely be disregarded as coming from the "Stupid Customer, Doesn't Know Anything" mentality. (Yes, I know what that is myself, I used to apply the same mental classification to customers too).

Here's an idea.

The problem is that small fleets are struggling - but the only reason why they haven't left their existing fleet to join a "super-fleet" is because they are tied to their RP or language/country fleet.

Someone else said "Why don't we be able to merge fleets". This is a good idea, but the problem is that there will be too many fleets. However, this provides the basis for my proposal.

How about this.

Have the ability for a player to be able to join a maximum of three fleets; however, only one fleet can be set to "primary" fleet.

A person's primary fleet is simply that - the primary. No changes to the fleet system for that person's primary fleet will occur.

Secondary/tertiary fleets will be different. A player CANNOT buy equipment or supplies from secondary or tertiary fleets, but are still able to contribute resources to fleet projects and be able to visit fleet starbases and embassies.

It's not a perfect solution, but it works.
Why would anyone join and contribute to a Fleet and not be able to reap any of the rewards?

See my suggestions to revamp playable factions at: FACTION REVAMP: A PROPOSAL TO CRYPTIC STUDIOS
Commander
# 1625
02-17-2013, 08:57 PM
Captain
# 1626
02-17-2013, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
Best quote that describes this situation...

"Its all going to end now, isn't it? You are going to destroy this world and start a new one. What is the use of me continuing to defend a doomed planet? Can you see the sense in that?" ~ Julian

"No" ~ Sisko (as Noah)

"No. I am an intelligence agent. And, if there is any one thing I have learned, it is there comes a point... when the odds are against you, and there is no reasonable course of action but to quit.

How do you think I managed to stay alive for so long, when all of my compatriots are dead? It is because I have always known when to quit and walk away." ~ Julian

(Deep Space Nine - "Our Man Bashire")

Perhaps that is something that needs to be considered? If Cryptic is not creating something that is entertaining, I can see only one other viable option. Find another game to play.

"Star Trek: Online" will not be the last game, which carries the name "Star Trek". Within five to ten years from now, I bet there will be another MMO based upon "Star Trek".

*shrugs*

As we all know from experience, not every aspect of "Star Trek" is considered successful. Sometimes you have to call a spade 'a spade', so that you can move on to something else.

Something to think about.
I'm going to point out here that Bashir proceeded to nuked the world (well technically he death-rayed the world, but that's neither here nor there) in order to save his fleet-mates in that episode. He didn't walk away or quit (the line is a play on a conversation he had earlier with Garrack), he took a tack that nobody expected, and ended up winning.
Lieutenant
# 1627
02-17-2013, 09:04 PM
Quote:

How about this.

Aside from stated and obvious problems with that idea, it just wouldn't work. The reason I am not in Mega Fleet X is none of those reasons and a fair portion of small fleets are there for similar reasons. Politics, friends, family.

I was in Mega Fleet X, 500 members. I donated some across my alts but my main place in the fleet was to help build the fleet through training new captains, ship builds and captain specs. This could not be measured with the 'Leaderboard' in fleet donation so I was demoted when the fleet leader went on a demotion parade (tirade?).

I was there BEFORE the leader joined the fleet (we started fleet because of 'political' issues from previous fleet) and we gave him fleet control believing he will lead us as before. That was a wrong assumption.

I will NEVER be part of a fleet that isn't comprised of people like minded. I do NOT want to be in Mega Fleet X. I do NOT want to give up my identity (nor expect someone else to) and join/merge with their fleet. I will NOT give up my identity to be a faceless number in someones else's vision for a fleet. Fleet mergers are NOT the answer, forced or otherwise.

Again the fleet mark/star base issues aren't the prominent concern in this thread. Yes this thread may have started with that topic, but having read every post, the main concern is the forced grind and lack of fresh content. For a game that is three years old it still has a pitiful amount of content.

Changes brought about with S7 have changed working content to forced grind. Borg space weapons were NOT removed because they failed to work. On the contrary I have seen them work perfectly. They were removed because they didn't work in minor instances (Assimilated KDF Ships and Borg gates) and they were too easy to acquire. I personally would rather have a weapon that works 90% of the time than no weapon at all.

Anyway...Power to the people! Keep up The Good Fight!

(Guess I should figure out how to do a sig. I have never been so passionate about an idea to post on any forum so personal sigs have never been a concern.)
Lieutenant
# 1628
02-17-2013, 09:08 PM
I totally agree to this;

I don't want either merge my small but friendly made fleet into some unpersonal swarm.
A Disenchanted player
Ensign
# 1629
02-17-2013, 09:17 PM
Keep the faith Comrades!

I didn't play one second of Star Trek online this weekend either. I downloaded Lord of the Rings online instead, on a lark, and love it so far. Old Republic is still going to take another 2 days (at least) to download, really wish Bioware would put it on steam.

And wow, I'm having fun playing a game again! Really almost all my complaints about STO don't exist there, things run smoothly, there's no grind, there's a story, and a soul, things aren't half broken, and unfinished. It really hits home how much better a game then this Roddenberry's legacy deserves.

But you know what? I'd still rather being playing Star Trek Online.

When I logged out a few days ago, my hope was that a week at most would go by, and they would correct this grievous mistake they have made, and I'd come back to STO like nothing ever happened, and go back to grinding merrily away until May.

Now though, I don't know. I'm really having fun with LOTR, so even if things get fixed here, I'm going to be splitting my time between them. And if I enjoy the Old Republic even more so. Right now, even if things were fixed, I think I'd be playing more of LOTR... but that could just be because it's new and fresh.

In the unlikely event Dan Stahl is paying any attention to me or anyone else in this thread, I hope he looks at my case as an example. Not because of my own ego, or narcissism, or delusions of importance. But because 7 days ago he had me as a totally devoted and dedicated customer. All my time and money for video gaming went to his game, and nothing, nothing at all went to anything else.

Now at best, he's going to get half my time, very likely only a third of it. Maybe none of it. Maybe they'll address the problems here and I'll still be happier just playing something else.

And thing is, that loss of my support was totally unnecessary. I would have stayed on, playing like I was, without interruption, never bothering to check out his competitors, if he hadn't done this. It was senseless.

If it could happen to me, then it could happen to other customers too. That's what I hope he pays attention to, not for my sake, but for the sake of this game. They've crossed a line, I'm not ever going to be that loyal again. I don't matter much though, I'm just a number, right? But when enough of us are pushed over that line too, well then you start seeing different numbers. I hope lessons are learned here, because otherwise this is all going to happen again somewhere down the line. And again. and again. Just like it's happened before. Each time losing customers, generating ill will towards the studio and bad word of mouth about the game itself.

But hey, what do I know? I don't have any metrics.
Captain
# 1630
02-17-2013, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
I'm going to point out here that Bashir proceeded to nuked the world (well technically he death-rayed the world, but that's neither here nor there) in order to save his fleet-mates in that episode. He didn't walk away or quit (the line is a play on a conversation he had earlier with Garrack), he took a tack that nobody expected, and ended up winning.
If you stop the quote where I did, you will get the gist of what I am saying. Please do not be that evil. We already have enough sensationalism from politics and mainstream media.
Closed Thread