Career Officer
# 21
02-18-2013, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
This.

Show me an MMO without bugs and I will show you a Developer team of Gods!
Is there a time limit on that?
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Non stop crashing and epic lagging are helpful in telling me it's time for bed or to go outside and get a life.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-18-2013, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdragon View Post
Is there a time limit on that?
Ah, No they just will keep adding and adding and ignore the massive bugs.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-18-2013, 01:36 PM
My point has still been ignored. A game made in 1999 is still getting support from its own producing team, so it will still run on the latest systems. Not even just Windows, Mac and Linux.

However have you all had that nice NEW SHINY BUG yet?

Its great, its the one that gives all your ships powers a 2 minute cool down! No serious and it does not just happen in STFS it also happens in PVPS also.

Another new bug that will never get fixed correctly. Or it will get fixed and something else will get broken, when they fix it.

The thing is EGOSOFT 1 : CRAPTIC 0

www.EliteDefenseStarfleet.com
Best fleet in Star Trek Online...
We even have our own merchandise!!! Come join us today...
www.cafepress.com/elitedefensestarfleet
Captain
# 24
02-18-2013, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkryder View Post
My point has still been ignored. A game made in 1999 is still getting support from its own producing team, so it will still run on the latest systems. Not even just Windows, Mac and Linux.

However have you all had that nice NEW SHINY BUG yet?

Its great, its the one that gives all your ships powers a 2 minute cool down! No serious and it does not just happen in STFS it also happens in PVPS also.

Another new bug that will never get fixed correctly. Or it will get fixed and something else will get broken, when they fix it.

The thing is EGOSOFT 1 : CRAPTIC 0
So what if they still support a game from 1999? What's that got to do with a new bug appearing in STO? You think Egosoft's updates never introduce bugs? They do. You think Egosoft fixes every single bug they introduce? They don't. In fact, the X3 games (the first of which was released 8 years ago) have bugs that are apparently unfixable and so will never be resolved (which is one reason they are building a whole new engine for X-Rebirth).

If you can reliably recreate this bug, then stop raging and provide Cryptic with step by step instructions on how to do it so they can nail it down quickly. If you can't, then they probably couldn't either, which makes it the kind of random and unpredictable thing that can show up in any game made by any company; and you'll just have to wait while they find and fix it the hard way. Do so with patience; stress is bad for you.
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-18-2013, 03:45 PM
They fix bugs quicker and better then Cryptic ever will... THIS IS A FACT!

Anyway dont worry. soon we will all be playing this!

http://www.indiedb.com/games/star-tr...space#imagebox

As it is soon to be released this year

Thats how a space battle should be!

http://www.indiedb.com/games/star-tr...ation#imagebox

BTW I have the test version of this and its amazing...

Last edited by kirkryder; 02-18-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-18-2013, 03:51 PM
This is how the Enterprise A should look

http://www.indiedb.com/games/star-tr...ate-3#imagebox

Enterprise D leaving space dock.

http://www.indiedb.com/games/star-tr...prise#imagebox

BTW this is in game graphics, I know because I have the basic test version of this. Notice how all the ships are the right sizes. And not just the same size.

Notice how the ships fly, like a ships should in space.

More then this, no bouncing off rocks you hit a rock in space you will get damage. You crash into another ship you will lose systems and possibly a warp core breach.

This is what we should be saving our money for. This is worth paying for, these guys who are doing this, need a real pat on the back, as they are just fans like you and I.

I will try and get a release date soon, however I know this is coming out in 2013.

Now what are you going to play?

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...psd32047a4.jpg

Above is a picture showing my Alpha version of the test download. You can see the shields taking a hit from the warbird. The detail is fantastic. The ship flies so true to the films, it really is so good, also look at the defiant, its the right size. All ships are not the same size, you can see the defiant is much smaller.
I hope you all join me and get involved with these guys, support them and keep on at them to release this soon. Then we can all be happy Trek fans and have a game without bugs

Last edited by kirkryder; 02-18-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Captain
# 27
02-18-2013, 04:21 PM
Send me your stuff then, kirkryder. I could do with the extra EC

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Career Officer
# 28
02-18-2013, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai View Post
Send me your stuff then, kirkryder. I could do with the extra EC
damn was just about to say this

SUUUMGHAAAAAIIIII!

Kirk, go play X then, it is infact the superior game after all.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-18-2013, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerashari View Post
damn was just about to say this

SUUUMGHAAAAAIIIII!

Kirk, go play X then, it is infact the superior game after all.

You really dont get it do you... Im trying to make Cryptic see the big mistakes they are making before its to late. I enjoy this game also, however the latest bug, just seems to have soured it a little to much for me. Sitting there for 2 minutes while you cannot do a thing.

Its very very frustrating.

Career Officer
# 30
02-18-2013, 07:22 PM
Word on the street is that the 2 min bug is caused by using engineering team... and here are the patch notes from today's TRIBBLE server.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=558291

So unless something crazy happens that bug will be fixed when the patch hits HOLODECK this Thursday.

O and although I agree that there is still a lot of work to be done.... it is actually pretty dang impressive imho when you figure that this game has been owned by...what...three different companies in its short lifetime? Not to mention the key turnovers of several major devs in the last two seasons. Getting the new people up to speed takes time and it looks like we'll see that investment in more staff come to fruition in May for season eight.

I'm excited for that and season eight imo will be more indicative of the future of STO than anything we've seen so far...
|William@wmcarson|Starfleet Reserve|www.StarfleetReserve.com