Captain
# 11
02-17-2013, 09:37 PM
Giving my past self a copy of Grays Sports Almanac, along with some pointers on places to avoid being in the future.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Career Officer
# 12
02-17-2013, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxalpha5 View Post
Well, nothing at all. Why? The act of time travelling will loop around and undo the reason you went back in the first place, meaning you never time travelled at all.
No, you actually create an alternate timeline in which you'd have no recollection of why you wanted to go back in time, but when you stepped out of your time machine in your original timeline you'd still remember everything. But only you would remember.
"Everybody Chill Out!"

"I'mma cold-blooded killer... Ha ha! get it?"

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Captain
# 13
02-18-2013, 02:48 AM
I had the wierdest dream this morning about having gone back in time 10 years. I'm sure it's because of reading the latest LCs, and a conversation on FB where I said that if I could go back and do things differently, I would... So what would I do differently...

1. I would have the cojones to ask out the girl who used to come into the videostore where I worked who was definitely interested in me (I was just too chicken**** to act on it)

That would put me in a relationship at the time when I was single, so I would behave differently on a tattoo forum, and likely then not get glandular fever. That would mean that I would continue working in an office for a bit longer (although that company would still eventually close) so I would take up the offer to learn how to tattoo, which would mean that when the office closed, I would simply become a tattoo artist. If life was then to be 'stable', I would likely remain in my home town with Laura (can't remember her surname, but that's probably for the best, as it prevents facebook contact) with a stable career, and all my friends around me...

Yes, I would willingly give up my current life/family/relationship to have that alternate life. The last 10 years would have been much easier...
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
02-18-2013, 03:24 AM
Mission 1 send back combat team to eliminate JJ verse entirely

Mission 2 Send back team to force Shatner to wear a shirt more often

Mission 3 send back elite special unit to ensure no member of the mickey mouse club EVER becomes a singer

And then the important one

pop back to the Bronze age and Give my Ancient ancestors Sten Guns
Just in time for the Persian wars

No Persians = No Wars EVER
Career Officer
# 15
02-18-2013, 03:36 AM
Stop JJ from making the Trek movies.

Damn...........someone beat me.

Go back and stop THEM stopping JJ from making the new Trek universe, and I'll stop JJ and get all the credit. =3

LTS Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currenty unsupervised, anyone who knows me will inform you that his will mostly lead to trouble.=3
Dragons go RAWR!
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
02-18-2013, 03:40 AM
You can lead the team

on condition you ensure that NO trace remains of that stupid sword fight
Captain
# 17
02-18-2013, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
No Persians = No Wars EVER
Persians are to blame for WWI and the Vietnam War

Welcome back, my friend, I'd started to think that something had happened to you, so hope life's treating you well
Survivor of Romulus
# 18
02-18-2013, 04:44 AM
I had a fall in the bad weather so I was unavailable

and yes there is a strong possibility that removal of the Persian empire from history would create lasting global peace

its only a theory of course

Another popular one is that to prevent wars you have to prevent the Existance of the concept of nation
Captain
# 19
02-18-2013, 04:51 AM
Quote:
I had a fall in the bad weather so I was unavailable
Sorry to hear that, I hope you're recuperating well

Quote:
and yes there is a strong possibility that removal of the Persian empire from history would create lasting global peace
By removing the historical precedent which gave others the idea? I can see the logic behind that...

Quote:
Another popular one is that to prevent wars you have to prevent the Existance of the concept of nation
But I think this would be the primary route. Only problem is that Humans are clannish and tribal by nature, with a seemingly inbuilt dislike of 'otherness', so that might be a much harder tendency to engineer out of the species, rather than 'simply' erasing an empire by changing the outcome of a major battle...
Survivor of Romulus
# 20
02-18-2013, 05:04 AM
yep recovering well

and yes the idea is to remove the template

almost all later wars were people copying the Persians

personally I have often thought the best way to bring world peace would be to spread us out so wide we almost never saw each other