Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Commander
# 71
02-17-2013, 09:11 PM
The comment on Malformed Childern is disgusting and lacking in compassion.

Disable kids deserve to be loved and cherished like other kids. Don't be so shallow.

I'm having plenty of fun playing as KDF, but I'll show solidarity and wear the disenchanted title if someone tells me how to do so.
Lieutenant
# 72
02-17-2013, 10:36 PM
Hey Kaz, I dunno if this has been brought to the table yet but why not extending the title to fed side as well.
Even if they dont have the title at disposal, it could be a forum sig or something

Not only would that be even more supportive for Kdf but also show as a unity people agaisnt the recent counter measures cryptic has done lately.

)
A Disenchanted player

Last edited by hussere; 02-17-2013 at 11:16 PM.
Ensign
# 73
02-18-2013, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgyor View Post
Disable kids deserve to be loved and cherished like other kids.
Amen!!!

I am not going into the game at the moment... but you should be able to bring up your character screen and there is an Edit Record button or something similar to that under your portrait. That should bring up a little screen where you can see your list of available titles and change out which one you want displayed.
Captain
# 74
02-18-2013, 03:17 AM
Sorry, some of us can't take part as we don't have disenchanted title and probably never will. We only PvP to rank up and won't stray from our doctrine, no exceptions.

This also has a whiff of Feds after being literally a-holes to KDF playerbase all this time having to eat humble pie and beg for our help.
KDF Future with Cryptic. Fact.

What Cryptic should consider before releasing anything.
Ensign
# 75
02-18-2013, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitzh View Post
Sorry, some of us can't take part as we don't have disenchanted title and probably never will. We only PvP to rank up and won't stray from our doctrine, no exceptions.

This also has a whiff of Feds after being literally a-holes to KDF playerbase all this time having to eat humble pie and beg for our help.
All I can do is speak for myself here but I am definitely not getting the sense that this is the intent here. I play Fed and I am starting to play KDF more now (or WAS starting to) but I had zero negative emotion toward the KDF side even before beginning to shift over. This game absolutely needs both sides and I have always felt that way. Regardless, ALL players are suffering right now. According to a lot of people ALL players have been suffering the grind at least since Season 7. This is not some single change that is forcing Fed to beg KDF help because it seems to me that KDF suffers more from this change than Fed does. Which is a shame because I am beginning to see what KDF players have been talking about in terms of being a less-developed faction.

Well... I can't know your experiences within the game and I am sorry if that has been your experience. It doesn't take a Trekkie to know you need two sides to a coin. Feds need KDF and so it shouldn't be that way. I am sorry if you have been mistreated by Fed players. All I can say is that both my Feds and my KDF will be wearing the titles in game and it will be in solidarity with ALL players.

Last edited by smallrouge; 02-18-2013 at 04:12 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 76
02-18-2013, 03:38 AM
Done... a dozen or so times...

I rarely log in, but I'll log in for this.....

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
Career Officer
# 77
02-18-2013, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitzh View Post

Hi vitzh! I respect that you play the game solely for PvP and also the fact that you stopped by to see if you can help - perhaps you could help in other ways by mentioning the campaign to you PvP'ing friends and fleet-mates?

Also, I'd point out that my requests for increased transparency from the Devs include a dedicated community manager for the PvP'ers and a Dev assigned specifically to deal with PvP issues - as a lapsed PvP'er myself I'm aware only too well of the issues there.

Lastly, whilst its true, for the first two years of playing STO, I played solely Fed-side with a single character, I'm rarely seen there this days - my KDF Sci and Engineer are far more fun to play and as I mentioned earlier in this thread, the KDF bring contrast and character to a game that would be sterile and bland without them.

Thank you for commenting!
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012

Last edited by weylandjuarez; 02-18-2013 at 04:24 AM.
Career Officer
# 78
02-18-2013, 04:13 AM
Quote:

Disable kids deserve to be loved and cherished like other kids. Don't be so shallow.

I'm having plenty of fun playing as KDF, but I'll show solidarity and wear the disenchanted title if someone tells me how to do so.
Olivia's comment was unfortunate but I suspect (hope) that she's not really that lacking in compassion (tact perhaps). If she reads these comments, perhaps she'll edit her post so as not to upset or offend anyone else.

And as someone that used to work with autistic children, I agree completely - all children deserve to be loved

Thank you for joining us in showing Cryptic our disenchantment! To get the title you have to complete all the Fek'lhri missions (which is well worth it since it shows how good dedicated KDF content *could be*)
Career Officer
# 79
02-18-2013, 08:06 AM
I wrote this for the fleet leader of one of the larger KDF fleets, but please feel free to forward it on to any fleet leaders you might know

Dear Fleet Leader,

I'm writing to you out of concern for the path STO has taken since this game went F2P. Revenues are up, the player-base is up and more Devs than ever before are working on STO - myself and my associates are glad of this and wouldn't wish any differently.

But as Cryptic's fortunes have risen, so have they become less accountable to the players - long-standing issues continue to go unresolved (for both the KDF and the Federation) and far-reaching decisions regarding the in-game economy are made without consultation or regard to the impact upon the player-base.

The latest of these ill-considered changes, the removal of Fleet Marks from the IOR mission has created considerable outrage amongst the community (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=552391) but this in itself is merely a symptom of a greater issue - a lack of direct communication and transparency with the players.

In response to this, in the hope that we can reverse this worrying trend, myself and others have taken to using the 'Disenchanted' title awarded by the Fek'lhri mission chain. It is our hope that if we can show Cryptic just how many of their KDF players are 'disenchanted' that we can engage in direct and productive discussions with the Executive Producer and the developers.

So, I appeal to you to consider our cause - if you think that an honest and frank discourse between the community as a whole and Cryptic Studios can only benefit this game, its players and its owners then I'd ask you to bring this matter to the attention of your fleet-mates.

Not as an official position or mandate, but simply as a choice - their choice - as to whether they wish to be counted amongst the disenchanted KDF of STO.

Faithfully yours,

Kazra Lex.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=555601

Last edited by weylandjuarez; 02-18-2013 at 08:09 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 80
02-18-2013, 08:24 AM
Quote:
I agree with this comment whole-heartedly.

As for my one and only Klingon toon, it too is "Disenchanted".

Great idea...signed!
Closed Thread