Career Officer
# 31
02-17-2013, 05:20 PM
Ha ha love this thread. Both sides are as bad as each other, both sides gank and camp and both sides have people that QQ in the zone chat. I rarely respawn without an Assimilator already present or respawning into a tric mine field from some comic klink who thinks it's funny making you lose 20 sec of your play time, I rarely see the fedball move off and do the things they are supposed to do instead of ganking the one remaining BoP.

It's a fun zone, it's a game, it's one of the best parts of STO and if they screw with it they will be taking a massive gamble.

And for the record BoPs are my breakfast when flying my Wells, they die very very quickly with a subnuc, VM and assimilated tractor beam whilst being hit with a 15K BO2 and a Breen Cluster F**K torp and having their guts pulled out by a GW, by far and away the best fun there is, BoP hunting in Kerrat, waste your time at the spawn if you are a useless warrior of either side, go hunting, that's where the fun is.....mm I smell blood, must be on the wrong faction LOL.
Captain
# 32
02-17-2013, 08:20 PM
Ehmm... no. Klingons hardly ever camp, because there is always fresh meat getting tenderized by the borg out there. I'm not saying they don't. I'm saying they mostly don't.
Empire Veteran
# 33
02-17-2013, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnthebard View Post

CryoX
Kaine
Red Laurence
Misdemeanor
Emo Joe
Tunguska
Eiybot
Stardagger [currently banned]
Grim Death
Sibok
Dirty Old Man
Hannibal
Nightwish
Ombji
Kempek
Deathstroke
Baltazar
Djinn
Motar

I know those warriors. A credit to the KDF they are.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
# 34
02-18-2013, 04:46 AM
Here is the simplest solution to Kerrat create multiple random respawn points. That alone fixes the fed ball and klingon spawn camping. Then they could actually fix the BORKED Borg who hide inside the soft walls and shoot you but you cannot shoot them. Wait! That would be logical....
Career Officer
# 35
02-18-2013, 05:12 AM
4 deaths in a row it's good when you go up against a good fed player, Ohh and please don't spawn camp it's takes away the fun this goes for both sides.

Getting 'stick', moaned at whined at etc etc....

Got the heavy bop, it's the fleet bops worth the expense for an extra console?
Captain
# 36
02-18-2013, 05:15 AM
Love Ker'rat on both sides. As my fed cruiser, I get a sick perverse pleasure in watching BoPs banging away on my shields all day and not leaving a scratch (except that one time I got tric bombed by a b'rel... hit me with a THY3 and then a DPB3... sufficed to say, I am so glad my brace and Aux2SIF are on a hair-trigger). Granted, I usually die to the ganks eventually, but it's fun.

And as the KDF... well let me just say, my usual time in Ker'rat is about an hour or so, and I always pick up around 80 kills in that hour... and I still have as of yet to fill my first "die 25 times" mission. I love the decloaking ambushes you can pull off, and I love the raging that occurs in chat after... it's a credit to the wonders of PvP.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Empire Veteran
# 37
02-18-2013, 05:32 AM
I love Ker'rat, I remember many a time where a bunch of Feds have tried to spawn kill the KDF only to have the tables turned on them by the excellent skill and knowledge of their own ships the KDF seem to display. That and when you are getting hammered only for someone to heal you up so you can finish off the feds.

After that the whining usually starts which makes it even funnier.

Qapla'!
toDuj 'oS rol.
Commander
# 38
02-18-2013, 05:37 AM
I love Ker'rat too. But warping straight into mined warp plasma is not fun. Getting mined and plasmed on zone reset is even less.

Now, sneaking on some poor unsuspecting Klink busy killing Fed PvEr - that is fun.
Republic Veteran
# 39
02-18-2013, 05:38 AM
As a BoP I have never had a problem with spawn campers, just hit evasive, pop BFA and RSP, use your Subspace Modulator and make like a Banana. You can get out of range and cloak before anyone has the sense to use a Sensor Scan. If you have 1 or 2 buddies, you can generally turn the tables pretty easily.
Career Officer
# 40
02-18-2013, 05:44 AM
Remember that there are a lot more feds than Klinks, about 5 times more, and that many have never been in Kerrat before and don't realise what's waiting for them. Most of the klinks in there hang around taking on easy targets as there is little esle for them to do in the game. This is why you see a disproportionate amount of QQing from Fed players. The klinks soon change instance when 5 or 6 SRS members turn up on TeamSpeak, then they are the ones who start QQing or just going where the pickings are easier.

At the end of the day it's a free for all, we all love it, those that for some reason don't can go elsewhere, it's a war zone, anything goes, anything and there are great guys on both sides that will help you with builds and tactics. I learnt tons from yoda and Lady when I started PvPing a couple of years ago and have a ton of ingame mates from each faction.

Kerrat is one of the best things in STO and I hope they leave it be.