Empire Veteran
# 11
02-18-2013, 06:25 AM
All that logic and reasoning doesn't change the fact that 17% of people who go to Star Trek conventions dressed up like a Klingon so it doesn't make sence to cater to them.
Well according to cryptic it doesn't.
Empire Veteran
# 12
02-18-2013, 06:40 AM
I agree with you fully my KDF brother. Though being the pessimist that I am with regards to Cryptic's ''promises'' and anything KDF related I will believe it when I see it.
toDuj 'oS rol.
Captain
# 13
02-18-2013, 07:59 AM
Some things you says are true, and I agree the KDF need some love, but many of them are simply not true or rumors.
Ground vehicle ? Map are too small, and not designed for them. Imagine a ground vehicle in the academy, it would simply be pointless.

Colors ? Red and black are KDF colors, while blue and white are feds. Feds may complain they don't have a lot of red and black.

New faction ? Nobody is sure about it. As far as I know, it will probably be some romulan based missions with Sela's return.

NOT ALL KDF IS KDF ? Gorn where invaded by the Empire. They are now vassals. I fail to see how some species may "don't like Klingons" while still working with them in the missions. All the Empire races are either part of the Empire, or allies, alien not included. But yeah, I agree they lack costumes, including the mercenary costume.

Science vessel ? I think there is several reason why they are not available for klingon. If they where, they would have cannons, because all klingon ship have cannons. It would make vesta-like ship available for free for klingons, while feds have to pay for it. Or you may remove cannon, but Klingons will complain because that would be the only klingon ship without cannons.
Also, the Klingons have no love for scientists and science vessel. Maybe add them as part as another faction, but not klingon.

Finally, even if the feds have more ships, Cryptic already said several of the KDF ship didn't sold enough to make it for the cost. This is a problem to see more KDF ship. They are sure to make money with feds ships, while they are not with KDF.
Empire Veteran
# 14
02-18-2013, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
Finally, even if the feds have more ships, Cryptic already said several of the KDF ship didn't sold enough to make it for the cost. This is a problem to see more KDF ship. They are sure to make money with feds ships, while they are not with KDF.
This argument lacks any substance b/c your conveniently forgetting that the Bortasqu' used to be amazing and then the devs nerfed it to hell-despite the mass protests of people that tested out the nerfed version on tribble. So Cryptic in direct defiance of the protests of the klingon playerbase, released a nerfed whale bundle and then acted surprised when it sold poorly. Go figure. I think you've been drinking too much Kool-aid.
Empire Veteran
# 15
02-18-2013, 08:22 AM
Well This Romulan Expansion seems promising! (Edit)
R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!

Last edited by blagorm; 03-25-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 16
02-18-2013, 08:26 AM
Another of the things that bothers me is the fact that there is never any KDF special promotions like the Fed side gets.

Why was there not a KDF equivalent to the Fed Steamrunner included with the Steam Runner pack?

When can the KDF expect a special promotion that offers us a new ship and gives nothng to the Federation, I doubt that will ever happen

The next update needs to right a lot of wrongs that the KDF player base has had to suffer with over the past 3 years.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-18-2013, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
All that logic and reasoning doesn't change the fact that 17% of people who go to Star Trek conventions dressed up like a Klingon so it doesn't make sence to cater to them.
Well according to cryptic it doesn't.
But what about all the closet Klingons? I've heard estimates that as many as 60% of all Trekkies occasionally dress up as Klingons in secret. While I would personally never do such a thing, it's obvious that people do like to pretend being a Klingon.
Career Officer
# 18
02-18-2013, 09:17 AM
Dressing up like a Klingon means investing a good amount of $ if you want to look right.

Dressing up like a Fed means $30 on Amazon and a pair of black dress shoes.

Not that some convention statistic translates into anything useful here...
Empire Veteran
# 19
02-18-2013, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstamo01 View Post
Dressing up like a Klingon means investing a good amount of $ if you want to look right.

Dressing up like a Fed means $30 on Amazon and a pair of black dress shoes.

Not that some convention statistic translates into anything useful here...
That was awesome
Career Officer
# 20
02-18-2013, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
Science vessel ? I think there is several reason why they are not available for klingon. If they where, they would have cannons, because all klingon ship have cannons. It would make vesta-like ship available for free for klingons, while feds have to pay for it. Or you may remove cannon, but Klingons will complain because that would be the only klingon ship without cannons.
Also, the Klingons have no love for scientists and science vessel. Maybe add them as part as another faction, but not klingon.
Take a look at the descriptions for the Federation and Klingon scientists on character creation and you'll notice they have little to nothing in common.
The same would be true for the application of a Klingon science ship: there's no need to think of it exclusively in the sense of "research".
There are more military-focused terms that can easily be used in this context like "electronic warfare", "military intelligence"...or in short "military scouts".
I made a thread with an (admittedly very long) list of pros and cons along with a propsal how such a thing could work here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=429791