Republic Veteran
# 11
02-18-2013, 12:23 PM
INTRODUCING [console -- CTD] Clicking on this console will cause an illegal stack-transfer recursive buffer feedback overflow pointer re-segmentation assignment back-call exception.... causing your game to end catastrophically and force you to wait 30 min while the patcher verifies all files!

For just 150 Lobi you can purchase [console -- Divide By Zero]! This new console will corrupt all your game files forcing you to wipe and reinstall! When combined with [console -- CTD] you will unlock new power: BORK OPERATING SYSTEM. Be sure to have your Windows DVD handy and an up-to-date activation key before clicking this power!
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
02-18-2013, 12:23 PM
I may just have to actually spend money to get this one. Kudos!
---------------------
DeltaFox
Captain
# 13
02-18-2013, 12:24 PM
Would you rather have an awful MMO where they lock 90% of the game content behind a pay wall, or a game where a bunch of shiny ships you don't actually need are behind the pay wall?

I'm pretty content to choose the second any day of the week.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Republic Veteran
# 14
02-18-2013, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
Would you rather have an awful MMO where they lock 90% of the game content behind a pay wall, or a game where a bunch of shiny ships you don't actually need are behind the pay wall?

I'm pretty content to choose the second any day of the week.

Yes but there is a disconnect here: We're paying in, and we're not getting useable content out. Instead we get grinds, unlock-stores, more grinds and then we are told we are grinding THE WRONG WAY -- and they smack our hands.

I would almost rather pay per freshly developed story arc going forward... than pay $50 for ships that are "slightly different" and that you need all three to unleash the "special power."

$20 for a set of three high quality FE-length missions and two repeatable support missions... now that's an unlock I could get behind!
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Captain
# 15
02-18-2013, 12:30 PM
Suit yourself. Charge-content games are pretty much the absolute antithesis of an entertaining game as far as I'm concerned. It's pretty much destroyed console gaming for me with this trend of releasing 70% of the game then charging you a second time for the other 30%. This is one area I actually think Cryptic have got it right (regardless of what I think of the pricing of things in this game).
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
02-18-2013, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarie View Post
Yes but there is a disconnect here: We're paying in, and we're not getting useable content out. Instead we get grinds, unlock-stores, more grinds and then we are told we are grinding THE WRONG WAY -- and they smack our hands.

I would almost rather pay per freshly developed story arc going forward... than pay $50 for ships that are "slightly different" and that you need all three to unleash the "special power."

$20 for a set of three high quality FE-length missions and two repeatable support missions... now that's an unlock I could get behind!
You nailed it. I'm just at a loss as to what they're using the money for except to make things we have to pay for anyway.

EDIT - I guess we'll find out come May.
Commander
# 17
02-18-2013, 12:35 PM
i thought we will have exact specifications about the ship today, but instead, we just had this little nothing about it's appearence... i guess it won't be avaliable for purchase this week... but i want it NOW
Rihannsu
# 18
Keep in mind, I'm just talking about look, and this is IMHO.

Am I the only one who doesn't like these? Heavily inspired, why not just copy the old Kumari? Its what you did on the Vulcan ship. Maybe its the chrome that bothers me so much, either that or the giant wing guns, maybe both. Don't get me wrong, its a good looking ship, it just doesn't look like an Andorian ship to me, or really a Star Trek ship either.

Oh well, one less ship for me to think about.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Empire Veteran
# 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
So will all C-Store ships be stupid MACROtransaction bundles now? If this doesn't say "This game is doing poorly, we need moar moneyz!" I don't know what will.

And what about the Klingons? Nothing for the KDF again? Wow...
If something's successful, then why change it? (just look at how many Odyssey's are flying around) I highly doubt that's a sign of needing money (and besides, the lockboxes are bigger money-makers)

And why do we need 'nothing for the KDF' posts in every single new ship annoucement? I'm primarily a KDF person myself now, and you don't see me being that low
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
02-18-2013, 12:38 PM
I'd like to see a picture next to another ship. The Kumari sorta looks like a BoP, but from those window lines I'm getting the feeling of a much larger ship than I'd assumed, more Armitage if not Chimera size.