Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 363
# 21
02-14-2013, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
When it comes to CE, like said on the other page, it would be best if there are two versions.


The Original one, which even the average PuG can do without requiring massive amounts of teamwork.

And a second (the revamped CE), that's only available in Private Queues, which requires a high degree of teamwork to pull off.
This. This. This. This. This. This. This.

I find repetition effective on getting a point across, Ok devs? Do this. Do this. Do this.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,660
# 22
02-14-2013, 03:29 PM
I may be wrong so PLLLLEASE CORRECT ME

You need a minimum of 2-3 teams at about 5-8 km from the CE.

Team 1 consisting of mainly escorts fires AoE attacks at the SHARDS (Aim to be a big team)

Team 2 Consisting mainly of Cruisers and sci ships are firing at the CE

Team 3 is a mix of the above and more, mainly consisting of Cruisers and sci ships. These ships goal is to heal team 1 and 2 while providing fire on anything they can.


When it starts firing large shards, do not destroy the ones near to the CE, as the small shards then fly back if they are not targeted quickly enough. Aim to destroy all small and medium sized shards. Mines are fine , but be aware, they may destroy a large shard ... but in this level , you ought to be alert anyway. Boarding party's are fine ... if they can even reach the desired target, but probably will not do anything. AoE attacks are good (Torp spread etc) because they destroy many shards.
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 363
# 23
02-14-2013, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjs View Post
I may be wrong so PLLLLEASE CORRECT ME

You need a minimum of 2-3 teams at about 5-8 km from the CE.

Team 1 consisting of mainly escorts fires AoE attacks at the SHARDS (Aim to be a big team)

Team 2 Consisting mainly of Cruisers and sci ships are firing at the CE

Team 3 is a mix of the above and more, mainly consisting of Cruisers and sci ships. These ships goal is to heal team 1 and 2 while providing fire on anything they can.


When it starts firing large shards, do not destroy the ones near to the CE, as the small shards then fly back if they are not targeted quickly enough. Aim to destroy all small and medium sized shards. Mines are fine , but be aware, they may destroy a large shard ... but in this level , you ought to be alert anyway. Boarding party's are fine ... if they can even reach the desired target, but probably will not do anything. AoE attacks are good (Torp spread etc) because they destroy many shards.
Everyone running TBR. Low partical gen High Repulse TBR, u can push the LArges away without killing them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 239
# 24
02-14-2013, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djconcentus View Post
CE wasn't just Hard. It was an exercise in frustration and a lesson in why you should never believe anyone when they say "I know how to do this!
I loved it when people yelled for two completely incompatible tactics.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 803
# 25
02-14-2013, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenmirror2012 View Post
Talking about the mission, I could care less what it looks like

I assume that you mean "could NOT care less". Otherwise, you are saying that do, in fact, care.

That aside, why name it after a 'Star Trek' enemy and not have it look like said enemy? If the mission is going to be redone, no reason not to fix its appearance.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,742
# 26
02-14-2013, 05:13 PM
move it out of newbie space and make it give fleet marks
Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 363
# 27
02-18-2013, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
move it out of newbie space and make it give fleet marks
I agree. You need coordination to do it, it is by all means, a fleet event.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 516
# 28
02-18-2013, 02:31 PM
I would LOVE to see the Crystaline Entity brought back, but it does need some changes. I would much prefer it to be a random event like the Red Alerts. Have it roaming the different sector blocks. Would be nice to have more random events in STO other than the usual Borg encounters or the Tholian one in Tau Dewa (which I've yet to finish beacuse of bugs). Would at least make travelling through sector space a little more varied and entertaining.
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Terrell-STO.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 363
# 29
02-18-2013, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufpterrell View Post
I would LOVE to see the Crystaline Entity brought back, but it does need some changes. I would much prefer it to be a random event like the Red Alerts. Have it roaming the different sector blocks. Would be nice to have more random events in STO other than the usual Borg encounters or the Tholian one in Tau Dewa (which I've yet to finish beacuse of bugs). Would at least make travelling through sector space a little more varied and entertaining.
That would never work. It would be impossible to organize a team of 20 in such a small time-gap.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 272
# 30
02-18-2013, 08:03 PM
Crystaline Entity encounter was a travesty. I hope it stays gone.
These forums suck. ~Omega X
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:19 PM.