Republic Veteran
# 1 The Kar'Fi and upgrades...
02-17-2013, 01:42 PM
I was taking the time...thinking about stuff...thinking about KDF carriers and all.

Thinking about the Vo'Quv...she is a hearty tank/support ship...lots of sci abilities which can support, heal, or help tank...along with a lt cmdr eng. She has the strongest hull of any playable ship. Has powerful fighters in the BoPs which we will see only get stronger when the fleet version comes.

Then there is the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought...she is heavy...almost as strong a hull as the Vo'Quv. Definitely won't get the same level of support from it as the Vo'Quv but can do some decent things with a lt cmdr eng and a ens and lt sci. She could make a decent tank and such. But unlike the Vo'Quv she can pack a punch with 4 tac consoles, a cmdr and lt tac, and a fourth forward weapon slot.

Then we have the Kar'Fi...she used to be the *tactical* carrier. She has a extra forward weapon slot and tac console above the Vo'Quv...not to mention a lt tac and definitely a bit more agile than though not overwhelmingly. For this she gave up a nice chunk of hull and lost the SST that all other full carriers enjoy. Her fighter options were unique and could be fun with the likes of the Firgates...they weren't the highest damage but they have some nice support abilities. I don't know if the tricobalt nerf affected the Frigates mines and torps, since I haven't flown mine in a while but if they are affected this hurts the ship even more.

What I'm here to say isn't it time the Kar'Fi got some love? I'm not saying it should have the hull strength of the two other carriers above...but doesn't it deserve something?

What I'm thinking is maybe give the Kar'Fi SST and a fleet version, a little more hull above the 10% would be nice but its not required. I know a while back I said I kinda wish it would get a third Eng console slot...but no matter which gets the +1 I would love to see her get some love!
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
02-17-2013, 01:51 PM
I love my kar'fi but it needs some love.
Bone1970 & Bone trader don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac's. BNE Fed Sci.
Bag of Bones & Bone Ugly don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Rom/Fed Tac. Bone & Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng's.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
Lieutenant
# 3
02-17-2013, 04:10 PM
on my fed i have the jem dread. on my klink i have both flavors of teh vo'quv and the kar'fi

all three ships when you don't count pets are competitive dps wise and will do similiar dps under similiar circumstances and setups. it will be jem > kar > vo due to tac consoles for most stuff, but not by a massive margin even with that.

what sets them apart are the carrier pets, and unless you also have the jhas the vo'quv wins hands down. the kar'fi sku fighters and fer'jei frigates can't touch the b'rotlh bop's in sheer damage both burst and dps. the jem can't use either and i have yet to see a parse of the jhas.

from my parsing over a couple of days, fer'jei frigates average 1.7k dps on their own. b'rotlh average 3.9k. this alone is more than equal to another ewapon slot and two tac consoles assuming you aren't without all 4 for an extended period. of all of the carrier pets, only the b'rotlh will solo a borg cube on elite with no help from you needed and kill it quickly.

feds have jack-all for carrier pets.

none of my chars are t5 romluan so i dont have elite scorps to parse

IF they were to beef up the offensive capability of teh vo'quv it would be pretty op in pve (note: i dont pvp. i was doing a warzone daily and ate an 81.5k quantum torpedo crit from a fed tac. how many of you have a combined hull and shield of 81.5k? pvp is broken in this game).

the fer'jei frigates are still not favoring their forward arc, hardly ever use aceton beam and the nerf to tricobalt damage hurt them as well. they use their ap dhc's only 10% of the frequency that the b'rotlh do on average, and their ap turret does teh same dmg shot per shot as the disruptor versions on the b'rotlh which should not be the case - they are antiproton.
Republic Veteran
# 4
02-18-2013, 08:58 AM
Not really concerned with the Vo'Quv...its in a nice place IMO. Its the Kaf'Fi and the Frigates since Tricobalts were nerfed that I worry about.

The Kar'Fi has given up so might nice stuff that other full carriers enjoy just to be a tactical carrier, no SST and has the hull strength of more around the level of a raptor.

I'm just thinking since we see a ship such as the the Dreadnought which enjoys everything a full carrier enjoys and then some, what would be wrong with giving the Kar'Fi SST?
Lieutenant
# 5
02-18-2013, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
Not really concerned with the Vo'Quv...its in a nice place IMO. Its the Kaf'Fi and the Frigates since Tricobalts were nerfed that I worry about.

The Kar'Fi has given up so might nice stuff that other full carriers enjoy just to be a tactical carrier, no SST and has the hull strength of more around the level of a raptor.

I'm just thinking since we see a ship such as the the Dreadnought which enjoys everything a full carrier enjoys and then some, what would be wrong with giving the Kar'Fi SST?
regardless of it's role - this is a 25 dollar ship. far as i know, it's the only c-store ship that is truley underperforming for it's role.
Captain
# 6
02-18-2013, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixa1 View Post

from my parsing over a couple of days, fer'jei frigates average 1.7k dps on their own. b'rotlh average 3.9k. this alone is more than equal to another ewapon slot and two tac consoles assuming you aren't without all 4 for an extended period. of all of the carrier pets, only the b'rotlh will solo a borg cube on elite with no help from you needed and kill it quickly.

This is the impression i got from when trying Fer'jais and why I went back to voquv, it just did so much more dps with the pets. have you tried comparing other pets to the Ferjai also like advanced skuls or advanced to'duj?

I'm trying to find a better dps option for my Karfi without having to use elite scorpions too, not sure if there is one.