Empire Veteran
# 81
02-18-2013, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daiouvegeta2 View Post
Except that their handling of the FM situation is in direct conflict of many peoples' desire to purchase a ship like this. Until a resolution is reached, many people, such as myself and others will not be buying another ship.

Also, seriously? Releasing the Andorian ship just days after the FM strike down in the Foundry? It's like you guys knew you were going to take serious heat for it and decided "We'll release this ship they've been clamoring for to shut them up" so it can be swept under the rug and forgotten about.

Oh and the ship looks nice, too bad it couldn't be what it was supposed to be. Battlecruisers don't fly circles around other ships and use pew pew cannons. The original from Enterprise was over 300 meters long, had some of the first deflector shields, and used 5 energy beam weapons. I thought this would be followed, should have known better.
Well, it shouldn't Things you want and things you don't want happening shouldn't be connected, as it's pointless conflict

And see my post on the 6th page: we can't just assume that 'a new shiny a few days after the FM removal means they're intentionally trying to distract us', in a nutshell

Also, the 'original' was used as a battlecruiser. Now hundreds of years later, even with the same general design but new parts, obviously some things wouldn't be the same
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Career Officer
# 82
02-18-2013, 04:16 PM
You've got to make sense people! Andorian ships were coming way before this, it was said way before the FM disaster. Please stop trying to say this was a coverup, they follow a schedule (albeit a very predictable one.)

DStahl, and numerous other devs have even said that this was coming.

Also maybe known as "SFC3"

Last edited by nakedsnake001; 02-18-2013 at 04:19 PM. Reason: grammar suck
Captain
# 83
02-18-2013, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
One player's payment loss isn't gonna change much, sorry.

And btw, I don't see this as screwing us over, and I'm as affected by the FM removal as anyone. (And another btw, respond to the FM issue on it's own thread: don't drag it into others)
This isn't just an FM issue. This is a cumulative problem of horrible QA and questionable decisions dating back over three years. Everyone is effected by this loss and if you deem your oppressors worthy of throwing more money at to continue their oppression, then by all means that is your prerogative. Enjoy beta testing your ship on the holodeck's ever broken "content."
All cloaks should be canon.
Career Officer
# 84
02-18-2013, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuskin67 View Post
You need all three to use all the parts. You can only use the parts of the ones you own. So if you buy only one of them, you can only use the parts of the one you own. You own only two, you can only use the parts of those two.
Thank You.
Empire Veteran
# 85
02-18-2013, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloctoad View Post
This isn't just an FM issue. This is a cumulative problem of horrible QA and questionable decisions dating back over three years. Everyone is effected by this loss and if you deem your oppressors worthy of throwing more money at to continue their oppression, then by all means that is your prerogative. Enjoy beta testing your ship on the holodeck's ever broken "content."
The only thing I've spent real money on this game was the LTS (worth it) That, plus no issues with how QA works and no problems with any of the 'questionable' decisions, equals I have nothing to be mad at.

I simply don't see it as an oppression, personally, and not because of a lack of understanding.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Captain
# 86
02-18-2013, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
The only thing I've spent real money on this game was the LTS (worth it) That, plus no issues with how QA works and no problems with any of the 'questionable' decisions, equals I have nothing to be mad at.

I simply don't see it as an oppression, personally, and not because of a lack of understanding.
You must have enjoyed playing with broken toys as a child. Certain other gaming companies all began in a humbled manner but blossomed into the the mammoth corporations they are now. Why? They produced a superior product with superior customer service. If not for the fanatical fan base this IP enjoys, this game would have died on the table as it should have. Mediocrity is simply not acceptable anymore.
All cloaks should be canon.
Empire Veteran
# 87
02-18-2013, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloctoad View Post
You must have enjoyed playing with broken toys as a child. Certain other gaming companies all began in a humbled manner but blossomed into the the mammoth corporations they are now. Why? They produced a superior product with superior customer service. If not for the fanatical fan base this IP enjoys, this game would have died on the table as it should have. Mediocrity is simply not acceptable anymore.
Well medicrity should be acceptable We miss out on a lot of otherwise enjoyable things that way.

And btw, is the game 'broken'? No, it is playable, but has a number of issues and bugs, as all other products have too. I do not think any number of culumative minor bugs make the game 'broken'

Last edited by trek21; 02-18-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Career Officer
# 88
02-18-2013, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
So will all C-Store ships be stupid MACROtransaction bundles now? If this doesn't say "This game is doing poorly, we need moar moneyz!" I don't know what will.

And what about the Klingons? Nothing for the KDF again? Wow...
You realize that the price of the store items has absolutely nothing to do with how "poorly" the game is doing right? It is a simply a factor of basic economic theory. PWE puts the price point at exactly what their research indicate will generate the most revenue.

If their data predicts that 1/100 players will pay $50 US for this ship and 1/60 players will pay $25 for this ship, they will price it at $50 because even though that will mean less sales, it will mean more revenue.

The only way to get PWE to lower the price is for the rate of players paying the current price to decrease to the point where they would generate more revenue by lowering the price.
Starfleet Veteran
# 89
02-18-2013, 04:43 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 02-18-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 90
02-18-2013, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psymantis View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
Did you really just make that comparison? I'm sorry but you just lost all credibility if you had any.

Why doesn't this forum have an ignore button.

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 02-18-2013 at 08:54 PM.