Survivor of Romulus
# 1951
02-18-2013, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerashari View Post
Reaction of minority of player base vs. metrics of all of player base

Which do you think will be more accurate?

(that said, maybe their all of player base metrics agrees with you...or not)
Metrics? All depends on the statistical analysis methods used.

Obvious troll is obvious Hey look a highlighted elephant!
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
ARC: A way to Redeem Codes
Captain
# 1952
02-18-2013, 06:09 PM
I should also make it clear to Cryptic that as a result of this PR debacle and other poor editing/bug-fixing decisions by Cryptic/PWE, I am no longer putting my money into this game, and believe me--your records will show I did put a lot in, even though I am (and will remain) F2P.

If you want me to start paying again, get some QA staff and testing procedures that actually a) catch the bugs and b) do not rush ahead even when bugs--and major issues like this one--are in CLEAR evidence. I will only pay when I am assured of a quality product. That assurance has fallen steadily.

And it's a shame. There IS a good community here--I love my fleet, I enjoy the people I write with on the forums, and heck...I like Branflakes too, for making this forum (generally) a good experience for me and an improvement on another place where I had previously done a lot of my Star Trek-related chatting. I know I won't be treated badly on these forums and that if something happens, someone will actually care. I know the mods here actually do something to maintain a good environment in the creative parts of the forum (Foundry, authors' stuff in Ten Forward, etc.). To me that community is an extension of the game.

And that means the potential IS there, somewhere. Just not in the behavior of the dev team and that is a serious problem.

Give me something I can feel confident about supporting, and believe me, I WILL do my share to help keep this game alive. But until then...I'm sorry...I'll play, but I won't pay.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
Delta Rising: Reanimate? (Y/N) Review Series COMPLETE!
Proudly F2P. Sig by gulberat. Avatar by balsavor.deviantart.com

Last edited by gulberat; 02-18-2013 at 06:11 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 1953
02-18-2013, 06:11 PM
havent log into STO since friday seem like a life time.

if you dont want us to farm dili and marks in foundry, why not give us EMH Mark1 to farm it for us.

having stop playing STO and enjoying other game have put my high blood pressure down. this is a good thing.
Lt. Commander
# 1954
02-18-2013, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuui13 View Post
Yep a brand new ship to grind in the bug infested game. WHOOO... not.

It doesn't fit in my metrics right now....

Sorry guys. My metrics are what I go by.
See, I can use metrics as well. My metrics tell me I'm not happy, My metrics tell me I'm not alone. My metrics tell me I'm not spending money here.

and in case captain obvious see's this, go right ahead and use it as a siggy!
Survivor of Romulus
# 1955
02-18-2013, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulberat View Post
I should also make it clear to Cryptic that as a result of this PR debacle and other poor editing/bug-fixing decisions by Cryptic/PWE, I am no longer putting my money into this game, and believe me--your records will show I did put a lot in, even though I am (and will remain) F2P.
Same here mr.

Quote:
If you want me to start paying again, get some QA staff and testing procedures that actually a) catch the bugs and b) do not rush ahead even when bugs--and major issues like this one--are in CLEAR evidence. I will only pay when I am assured of a quality product. That assurance has fallen steadily.
Again, we are one and the same in opinions so far.

Quote:
And it's a shame. There IS a good community here--I love my fleet, I enjoy the people I write with on the forums, and heck...I like Branflakes too, for making this forum (generally) a good experience for me and an improvement on another place where I had previously done a lot of my Star Trek-related chatting.
You're still thinking the way I do.

Quote:
Give me something I can feel confident about supporting, and believe me, I WILL do my share to help keep this game alive. But until then...I'm sorry...I'll play, but I won't pay.
THIS! Sir, are we twins who were separated at birth?
Quote:
Lt. Commander
# 1956
02-18-2013, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussere View Post
Thanks for the zam.com site !

quoted from http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=22916 08/03/2010 :

'ZAM: In an interview you mentioned that your favorite part of STO is the "ability to level up, customize and play as both a Starship in space and a Captain on away missions." Does this mean the community can expect more aggressive PvE development in the future?

Stahl: My comment was more in line with the fact that Star Trek content can span a wide variety of gameplay elements. On any given day you can find yourself all over the quadrant running missions in a variety of environments instead of being stuck grinding rabbits in the slums until you level and move on to somewhere "new."'

I'm so sorry that spirit has gone from game.
We are so sorry that spirit has gone from game!

Shame on you Stahl!
Survivor of Romulus
# 1957
02-18-2013, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuui13 View Post
See, I can use metrics as well. My metrics tell me I'm not happy, My metrics tell me I'm not alone. My metrics tell me I'm not spending money here.

and in case captain obvious see's this, go right ahead and use it as a siggy!
Done! Thank you

Made a few formatting changes to it, but it's still word for word what you said.
Quote:

Last edited by captainoblivous; 02-18-2013 at 06:22 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 1958
02-18-2013, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by puykonig View Post
if you dont want us to farm dili and marks in foundry, why not give us EMH Mark1 to farm it for us.
EMH Mark I mining dilithium? It's canon!
Career Officer
# 1959
02-18-2013, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussere View Post
Thanks for the zam.com site !

quoted from http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=22916 08/03/2010 :

'ZAM: In an interview you mentioned that your favorite part of STO is the "ability to level up, customize and play as both a Starship in space and a Captain on away missions." Does this mean the community can expect more aggressive PvE development in the future?

Stahl: My comment was more in line with the fact that Star Trek content can span a wide variety of gameplay elements. On any given day you can find yourself all over the quadrant running missions in a variety of environments instead of being stuck grinding rabbits in the slums until you level and move on to somewhere "new."'

I'm so sorry that spirit has gone from game.

The part about grinding rabbits just became my new sig.
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS
Survivor of Romulus
# 1960
02-18-2013, 06:24 PM
That was pointed out a few pages back. I'd have it too if I could fit it in!
Quote:
Closed Thread