Captain
# 11
02-18-2013, 04:43 PM
just remove the crit, and they'll be fine with original damage/cooldown but without being outrageous six-digit damage monsters
Captain
# 12
02-18-2013, 05:05 PM
I want the devs to de-nerf Viral Matrix. That happened almost 8 seasons ago. Get in line.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-18-2013, 06:04 PM
KDF paid for bio-neural. They've already admitted the oops on the TDD, but are mum on the bio-neural. This weapon is so all powerful that before the patch you could sell the console Fed side for 150K on exchange. Hardly the stuff of legend. Completely undeserving of the nerf. Now its useless. Regular Trico torps were weak before, now they're garbage. The torps and mines are separate issues and should have been dealt with as such.
Captain
# 14
02-18-2013, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alopen View Post
KDF paid for bio-neural. They've already admitted the oops on the TDD, but are mum on the bio-neural. This weapon is so all powerful that before the patch you could sell the console Fed side for 150K on exchange. Hardly the stuff of legend. Completely undeserving of the nerf. Now its useless. Regular Trico torps were weak before, now they're garbage. The torps and mines are separate issues and should have been dealt with as such.

"The damage dealt by Temporal Disruption Device and Bio-Neural Warheads have been restored to their values from before the prior patch. "

From the new patch notes
http://www.auroratrek.com/index.html
Lieutenant
# 15
02-18-2013, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verlaine11 View Post
"The damage dealt by Temporal Disruption Device and Bio-Neural Warheads have been restored to their values from before the prior patch. "

From the new patch notes
Sweet! Thanks Devs!

Darius (TAC VA) USS Gahreesen (Chel Grett Cruiser), Shomat (SCI VA) ISS Selentic (Mirror DSSV), Napoleon (ENG Capt.) USS Fists of Latinum (Exploration Cruiser), Gothmog (Tac Capt.) IKS Nazgul (Hegh'ta Heavy BoP), Aaesia (Reman Sci Capt) RRW Arien III (Ha'Nom Guardian)
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-18-2013, 07:11 PM
A nerf was needed, the problem is that they were nerfed to the point of uselessness. I agree that being able to nuke a Cure cube without touching the probes is insane, but doing a heavy amount of damage against immobile targets is not a bad thing. It's a situational weapon that works best against a select group of enemies, and requires a good degree of skill to pull off against mobile enemies, especially other players. Going about halfway between what it was and what they've turned it into would be a good idea.
Career Officer
# 17
02-18-2013, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verlaine11 View Post

From the new patch notes
You forgot to post a link.

New Tribble patch notes: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=558291
Self Portrait
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-18-2013, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancemeszaros View Post
A nerf was needed, the problem is that they were nerfed to the point of uselessness. I agree that being able to nuke a Cure cube without touching the probes is insane, but doing a heavy amount of damage against immobile targets is not a bad thing. It's a situational weapon that works best against a select group of enemies, and requires a good degree of skill to pull off against mobile enemies, especially other players. Going about halfway between what it was and what they've turned it into would be a good idea.
They are not interested in balanced playstyles. You will be and ENG captain in a cruiser beam boat hitting enemy with powerful broadsides while invincible. Any other playstyle will be nerfed into oblivion.
Captain
# 19
02-18-2013, 07:49 PM
Tric Mines still overshadow all other mines making all other mine useless

Either raise all other mines damage to wqual the tric mines or cut the tric mine damage to equal all the other mines
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Lieutenant
# 20
02-18-2013, 11:07 PM
Tric mines are working about pretty well (maybe not quite as punchy but I can live with it) for me now. I'm not sure what was going on when I tested them before--they weren't even penetrating shields in some cases. Not they're taking down probes in ker'rat just fine. And with the latest patch to bio-neural damage, I'm happy.

I don't think tric mines need further nerfing, since I haven't really seen them cause balance issues myself. They're very handy in PVE and mines are useless in PVP anyway so it doesn't really matter in that regard.

Darius (TAC VA) USS Gahreesen (Chel Grett Cruiser), Shomat (SCI VA) ISS Selentic (Mirror DSSV), Napoleon (ENG Capt.) USS Fists of Latinum (Exploration Cruiser), Gothmog (Tac Capt.) IKS Nazgul (Hegh'ta Heavy BoP), Aaesia (Reman Sci Capt) RRW Arien III (Ha'Nom Guardian)

Last edited by bertiewooster; 02-18-2013 at 11:08 PM. Reason: clarified some sentences